VocalDispatch API

turbofandude

Message I just sent to sc @scottheboy creator of the latest callout package code 3 callouts. Hey man, just a suggestion. When I play I listen to my local police scanner and it makes things more immersive. They always check officer's status, saying "(unit number) status?" and the officer responds "code 4". Otherwise that officer may be down so  that's why they check, you may know this. Could you simply place a callout in that has you reply yes or no if you are okay? If you don't respond within a few seconds it could prompt you again and ask for you to say 10-4. And if you could make it work with vocal dispatch that would be awesome. So we can customize the unit number, and when we say 10-4, vocal dispatch will tell your mod to accept the response. It will make your mods blow up.

1 minute ago, Markadaliah said:

Message I just sent to sc @scottheboy creator of the latest callout package code 3 callouts. Hey man, just a suggestion. When I play I listen to my local police scanner and it makes things more immersive. They always check officer's status, saying "(unit number) status?" and the officer responds "code 4". Otherwise that officer may be down so  that's why they check, you may know this. Could you simply place a callout in that has you reply yes or no if you are okay? If you don't respond within a few seconds it could prompt you again and ask for you to say 10-4. And if you could make it work with vocal dispatch that would be awesome. So we can customize the unit number, and when we say 10-4, vocal dispatch will tell your mod to accept the response. It will make your mods blow up.

That's actually an awesome idea - some sort of status check, and if you don't answer, it'll send backup. Hmm. I like it. I wanted to implement an "interaction" system so that there's more than just a one-off statement (i.e. you conduct a traffic stop and dispatch asks if you need an additional, etc.). Sometime in the future, perhaps.

Collin Biedenkapp

Unit S17 | Professional Programmer | VocalDispatch Developer

• 11 months later...

It would be awesome to see the license plate and ped check working with Vocal Dispatch. If you can say the license plate number and name of a suspect so that dispatch can pull the records for you without having to go into your car/pc/radio. This would be epic when patrolling the streets or when you want to get records quickly on a traffic stop.

1 hour ago, StrawberryPi said:

In addition to that it would be great to give a 10-23 to dispatch: "Officer arrived at scene". Just getting 10-4 back would be awesome :)

You can do that yourself without plugin integration.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with just adding a phrase that has me say my unit number and then the word traffic to tell dispatch I'm on a traffic stop. Example:

ME: "1-LINCOLN-18 is 10-57 traffic"

DISPATCH: "10-4"

Can anyone help with this? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks, Gray!

Heyo! My YouTube Channel is GrayGray72 Gamez. Be sure to checkout he mods I've created too!

• 1 year later...

I am a new coder for LSPDFR and i am creating a plugin that links with vocal dispatch but currently it is noticing my XML data, and vocal Dispatch replies with unable to honour this request, the rage console is saying that my events dont exist even though i have followed the github page as closely as i can(not a callout plugin) if you could help i would highly appreciate, it as ive had this idea for a while, thanks in advance

Oliver Pope

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, OfficerPope said:

I am a new coder for LSPDFR and i am creating a plugin that links with vocal dispatch but currently it is noticing my XML data, and vocal Dispatch replies with unable to honour this request, the rage console is saying that my events dont exist even though i have followed the github page as closely as i can(not a callout plugin) if you could help i would highly appreciate, it as ive had this idea for a while, thanks in advance

Hey @OfficerPope, so glad you seem to have found the solution - was looking to write an plugin to make myself unavailable/available with Vocal Dispatch and couldn't work out how. Your plugin does exactly that and more. 

• 1 year later...

Do you know where I can find the name of the events for Ultimate Backup and StopThePed? Like: UltimateBackup.Code2. I want to manipulate the Backup in a more detailed way, such as Asking for NOOSE backup instead of local backup, or requesting Air Noose Backup instad of a simple police air unit. Things like that.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:03 AM, FrancoSIlvestri said:

Do you know where I can find the name of the events for Ultimate Backup and StopThePed? Like: UltimateBackup.Code2. I want to manipulate the Backup in a more detailed way, such as Asking for NOOSE backup instead of local backup, or requesting Air Noose Backup instad of a simple police air unit. Things like that.

They would likely have to publish these events themselves.

Collin Biedenkapp

Unit S17 | Professional Programmer | VocalDispatch Developer