Download Center API

Cyan

• The topic was locked

I presume this is upcoming stuff that's different from the current update check you guys have set up?

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

• Management Team
3 hours ago, Stealth22 said:

I presume this is upcoming stuff that's different from the current update check you guys have set up?

We've added a beta value to check the latest beta version of the file. Also an API for validating beta users if you choose to use the beta system.

I've included an example C# implementation with both of the API documentations.

This is based on stuff we've used for LCPDFR, and a little bit for LSPDFR.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Awesome addition, thank you!

Is there any more information available regarding the beta system? Do we need to setup authorized users, or can it be used to somehow highlight that a plugin is still in beta?

My YouTube Channel: Darkmyre Gaming (Australian LSPDFR patrols, plugins in development, and other games)

My Discord Server | AusGamer Network

Please do not PM me for technical support or bug reports, use the appropriate forum or plugin's comments instead.

• Management Team
9 hours ago, Darkmyre said:

Awesome addition, thank you!

Is there any more information available regarding the beta system? Do we need to setup authorized users, or can it be used to somehow highlight that a plugin is still in beta?

Hoping to document this later. Basically on your files you can now upload a beta version, by choosing the 'Upload beta version' File Actions option. You can then manage users who can download this beta version inside the 'Manage testers'  File Actions option.

11 hours ago, ainesophaur said:

Is there anything in the works (jwt, oauth2) for authenticating users against lcpdfr?

This isn't planned right now, sorry.

<snip>

Edited by Albo1125

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

It looks like (among other things) our update checking API was abused to cause excess load. We're looking into a way to sort this out, but in the mean time the update checking API may be returning an error.

11 minutes ago, Cyan said:

It looks like (among other things) our update checking API was abused to cause excess load. We're looking into a way to sort this out, but in the mean time the update checking API may be returning an error.

I'm going to be changing my plugins to only call the API once every 24 hours, or something. 

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

• Management Team
2 minutes ago, Stealth22 said:

I'm going to be changing my plugins to only call the API once every 24 hours, or something. 

It wasn't legitimate traffic, so you don't need to worry. This was someone who deliberately flooded the API with requests; and I'm 100% sure it did not come from any API developers' plugin.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

It wasn't legitimate traffic, so you don't need to worry. This was someone who deliberately flooded the API with requests; and I'm 100% sure it did not come from any API developers' plugin.

It's a pity that once a topic like this is created, it's instantly abused in such a way.

It's been available for months without issue only because you only mentioned it in a reply.

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Management Team
35 minutes ago, OfficerPope said:

Did the beta upload system get removed at somepoint, i know this post is 4 years old so just thought i would ask?

It was deprecated and later removed, unfortunately there wasn't enough uptake to justify maintaining it with ongoing website updates.

That's awesome, thank you.

Just so you're aware you haven't yet updated the information when you embed the site.

Documentation for the Kittn API

Prefer support on Discord? Want your log automatically read? Join my server to receive live support!

https://discord.gg/gyw5rDHCfr

Developer of Callout Pack 686 Callouts & Discord Bot 686 Utilities.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:
  • Moved documentation to GitHub pages.
  • Added a new call getAssemblies to grab assembly versions of a file given its ID.

This doesn't seem to work for some files. Example: https://www.lcpdfr.com/applications/downloadsng/interface/api.php?fileId=41551&do=getAssemblies

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management Team

We're seeing excessive use on some of these APIs.

Requests without a User Agent will soon be throttled by IP address to 20 req/minute. However, we will try to avoid throttling requests from LSPDFR plugins based on some data we have.

Requests with a valid User Agent (e.g. something like in the linked API page that shows what and how to contact the author of the plugin/service) will soon be throttled by IP address to 60 req/minute (1req/s). Requests that exceed this will receive 403 errors and excessive 403s will cause temporary blocks.

If you have a specific use case which requires calling these APIs more than once a second, please reach out with your use case and what efforts you've done to reduce calls (e.g. caching). We can make special exceptions for some user agents.