Are you a evolutionist or creationist?

Evolution or creation   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

So I'm doing a little mini poll (basically a survey) for my school, plus I think this is an interesting topic we can discuss, so as the title says which are you? Videos down below.

"I'm a marked man, so I'm getting out of here"

Ray Machowski

Evolution of course. It's been proved from where the Homo Sapiens is coming from, with plenty of different kinds of Homo (as in human, of course), Homo Erectus, Homo Neanderthalis, etc. Some even lived during the same period, so at some point there was 2 (or more) different kinds of human, it's quite funny.

For people interested: 

393-050-4AD3FCED.jpg

Edited by Hystery

I don't understand how someone could deny evolution and believe in a God. I am a Christian and I believe evolution, doesn't take a genius.

I also see a large "My belief is true, yours is false" debate coming soon, I will remain out of the discussion.

I don't mean to pick on you here, as I see you said you wish to be out of the discussion, but I personally can't see how one can be religious (believe in a god) and believe in Evolution (believe in science). Science and Religion by definition and practice completely contradict each other, and we've seen throughout history that that is true when the churches would do everything up through killing people for suggesting science. Sure it was another time, and churches don't have as much power as today, but still, the divide between two routes of thinking is still present. 

That's just me though. 

-Mr.Quiggles

I don't mean to pick on you here, as I see you said you wish to be out of the discussion, but I personally can't see how one can be religious (believe in a god) and believe in Evolution (believe in science). Science and Religion by definition and practice completely contradict each other, and we've seen throughout history that that is true when the churches would do everything up through killing people for suggesting science. Sure it was another time, and churches don't have as much power as today, but still, the divide between two routes of thinking is still present. 

That's just me though. 

Evolution isn't a belief, it's a proven fact. Evolution is a change or development over time, and it's clear that things change over time. Most Christians do agree with evolution.

That's just me though. 

Well, you can believe in God, in a divine entity that created the Universe itself in the first place. And when this Universe got created all kinds of stuff began, including evolution. 

Personally I do believe in evolution and it's also easier to believe that up there is something who cares about keeping an eye on you. 

• Management Team

This right here is the greatest debate on this topic, and I'm on Bill Nye's side:

It's definitely possible to be religious and believe in evolution (I think Bill Nye says this in the debate - he is defending the fact that the world could not have been created 6000 years ago like the Bible says, not that there is no God or that God did not create everything in the first place).

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

I agree with Ian and willpv here. 
I believe in both religion and science, so to say you cannot believe in both is ridiculous. I like to look at it as science challenges the truths of religion. Just because there are inaccuracies in the bible does not mean there is not a creator. 

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/hENU8n2.gif[/img][/center]
[center][b][url="http://www.twitch.tv/pengi33"][color=#800080]Twitch [/color][/url]|[url="https://twitter.com/Pengi33"][color=#40e0d0]Twitter [/color][/url]| [url="http://brokedoggaming.com/"][color=#008000]BrokeDogGaming[/color][/url] | [url="http://lcpdmods.com/"][color=#0000cd]LCPD[/color][color=#b22222]MODS[/color][/url][/b][/center]

Well, you can believe in God, in a divine entity that created the Universe itself in the first place. And when this Universe got created all kinds of stuff began, including evolution. 

Personally I do believe in evolution and it's also easier to believe that up there is something who cares about keeping an eye on you. 

Ok, I can see that. I was never raised religiously, so I don't know how religious people think. My vague understanding was that the bible says god created animals, not evolution for example, but I can see the "keeping an eye on you" modern thinking. 

-Mr.Quiggles

neither evolution seems rational i doubt it to some extent becasue our human structure evolved too fast, and creationism is for religions which is another debate. Also science is only theory until it is proven. 

Could you clarify what you mean by "human structure evolved too fast?"

For anyone interested, this is another good Richard Dawkins interview:

Edited by SIR_Sergeant

Could you clarify what you mean by "human structure evolved too fast?"

i dont remember a source but i do remmeber something about there being a gap where evolution of man jumped from its pre evolutionized state and somehow we are what we are today. well similiar to what were but have maybe evolved over a few hundred years very slightly. speaking of which there was that person that had 2 sets of eyes where he could see in the dark.

i dont remember a source but i do remmeber something about there being a gap where evolution of man jumped from its pre evolutionized state and somehow we are what we are today. well similiar to what were but have maybe evolved over a few hundred years very slightly. speaking of which there was that person that had 2 sets of eyes where he could see in the dark.

I'd love to see that if you happen to remember it, I've never heard of this story. 

I'd love to see that if you happen to remember it, I've never heard of this story. 

you should google the one with the kid with 2 sets of somethings where he could see in the dark and there was also a woman with cat eyes its  very interesting and for all i know i used to read alot of bullshit on the internet so it could have been made up but there might be a gap if i remember for some reason somewhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI&sns=em

It's evolution, baby!

there is something truly wrong with this world. it clearly shows how dumb people are and how they think they know everything. boy its a mess 

Edited by guppy19

I evolved from monkeys..obviously :D

Wanna Roleplay with Me? Join me at kuffsgaming.com and we'll see ya there 😄

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERtCZWZE_HMciyLYJ2nYTg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rywilsongaming/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RyWilsonGaming

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rywilson513/

From my personal research, and the decades of hardcore research done by my Grandfathers.... It seems as though neither is true. Instead of Evolution (mutating to survive based upon environment, which has never been documented or proven) or Creation (God did it, never been documented or proven either), Genetic Mutation is the most logical answer thus far. Mutation either by accidental genetic mishaps, or in rare cases two species breeding. An example of genetic mishaps.....

We'll call these two creatures of the same species A and B.

Many of these creatures have existed and bread for quite some time now... They're all A's. However, one is born, for one reason or another with slightly different traits (possible birth defect). This one is called B. It's still able to mate, and so it does. B mates with A, and the offspring produced is now C. So now we have A's, 1 B, and 1 C. 2 possibilities here. Either B and C die for one reason or another, never to create offspring again. Or B and C continue mating with A's, creating a new breed of that particular species.

However, at no point in time did these species "Evolve". As my Grandfather Jimmy put it, "Those who claim to Evolution as absolute fact are either unfamiliar with how the world works, or they are liars. Hearing these men who fear being wrong about something proclaim that there's no flaws in the theory of Evolution is like hearing a preacher proclaim there are no flaws in the Bible. These men are not scientists."

Or as my Grandfather Donald explained in a rather comical way to my Uncle. "Creation makes sense for 5 seconds, and Evolution makes sense for 5 minutes. I'm a 50 years kind of guy."

Though just for the record I must add.... I, like my Grandfathers, still do believe in a God and an afterlife of some sort, yet follow no religion. Instead we found our own answers.  :thumbsup:

I don't see how a personal anecdote is supposed be convincing on this subject.

Genetic mutation is a function within evolution. Mutations that provide better conditions for survival (natural selection) are reproduced and the bridge between two distinct species can begin to be established. Your explanation of mutation is correct, but mutation is a driving force of evolution, not the overarching process. 

This chart shows it nicely: '>

(Didn't want to post the actual image, it's pretty big)