Jump to content

Meet Your Moderator - KallusRourke

Fiskey111

Welcome to the newest addition to our article rotation, “Meet your Mod”.  Sometimes you might have no interaction with a moderator (let’s be real, you’re all perfect angels) so we decided to change that!  The first victim moderator up to bat is @Kallus Rourke, let’s see if he hits a home run!

For the first iteration of “Meet your Mod” we’ve decided to meet with @Kallus Rourke.  A moderator who had so much enthusiasm to do this interview he wouldn’t take “no” for an answer!  A member for a while, let’s check out his profile! (10/10 rhyming game strong)

Introduce yourself to us.  Who do you think you are?

Hello!  My name is Kallus, or just Kal.  I am 26, and live in the central part of the US.

What type of music do you listen to?

I’ll listen to mostly anything except rap.  I’ll mainly listen to rock, whether it be modern or classic.  My music library is quite expansive.

Do you have any pets?

I have one dog, a Shih-Tzu who is spoiled rotten!

When did you join LCPDFR.com and why did you join our community?

I joined LCPDFR.com on April 6th of 2016 for the same reason as most, to get support.  I had been brand new to modding at the time and had no clue what I was doing.

Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.

I collect quite a few things ranging from Funko Pops to Airsoft guns, and even knives!  (this includes real life CS:GO knives.)

large.droptheknife.thumb.png.04dcd1ee5c5c74f527543d80b475170f.png

What made you want to join the Community Team as a moderator?

I am a very community-oriented person, so if I find one that I enjoy and want to dedicate my time to, I will try to be staff so I can help that community and give back to it to the fullest extent that I am able to.

What has your experience been like so far being a moderator?

Horrible. Will works me to the bone!  Really, though, it has been incredible!  The one thing I was hoping for was that it’d keep me busy, and it certainly has!  I’m honored that I am able to help represent this community and the values of LCPDFR.com.   In the short amount of time I’ve been a moderator, I feel like I’ve already gotten to know and become family with the other staff.  Some of the crazy discussions we have brighten my day.

Alright, the hard question. What is your favorite modification (besides LC/LSPDFR) is on this site?

T0y’s Goose Creek inspired LSPD pack

Manual Reload

Baka’s Weapon Sounds

What other games do you play besides LSPDFR?

I have a crap ton of games that I try to play regularly, but the main ones would be American Truck Simulator, 7 Days To Die, Rainbow Six Siege, and Notruff 112.

large.4.thumb.png.7cecaef6dc6e851467a6bc18676262ac.png

We know you spend hours “working” here with us, but what do you do in “real life”?

I work from home in health insurance.  I know, borrrriinngg!

Do you have any tattoos?

Yep, I have five! I just got the fifth one on the 12th.

What do you think you’d like to see in the next version of LSPDFR?

I’d like to see more ambient police.  Once we’re on duty, we rarely ever see officers patrolling on foot or in their vehicle.  For me personally, this kills the immersion and roleplay.

large.Untitled-1.thumb.png.4c0a7c2ed0265be8885d0a96c246ed83.png

What do you prefer: a lore or realistic looking GTA environment?

As long as it’s realistic looking (Looks like the actual Crown Vic, not the Stanier), I don’t care what department or even what country the vehicles are from.  I really can’t stand the vanilla look of the game.

Have you enjoyed your time on the Community Team?  What’s been the best experience from it?

I’ve loved every second of it thus far, and I no doubt will continue to.  My best experience is ongoing, because every day I am getting the opportunity to help people and doing my best to project LCPDFR.com as a friendly, welcoming place for everyone, especially brand new modders.

Do you have any tips for community members that might want to be moderators or Community Team members in the future?

If you want to be a moderator, you need to ask yourself if you want it for the right reason.  Being a moderator is not about having a title, fancy color, or powers.  Those are merely extra perks.  Being a moderator is about the community and doing what you do FOR that community.  If you want to be a moderator because you love the community, you’ll show your interest in being a moderator without even realizing it, and that will go a long way.

I heard there’s cake (cake emote) in the hidden forums. Share with us?

Sorry, the cake is property of my belly.

That’s all the time we’ve got, folks!  I hope you enjoyed getting to know your moderation team.  I would like to thank @kallusrourke for participating in this interview as well as the members who let us use their amazing screenshots!

Screenshots (in order of appearance)

(Icon) Ukloo

Constable Lego

Mikofiticus

ausavin26

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

23 minutes ago, Fiskey111 said:

What do you think you’d like to see in the next version of LSPDFR?

Link to post
1 minute ago, thegreathah said:

I think it would be nice having something built into lspdfr though, ie not having to download script or data edits on top of fr.

Scripting it would just have potential for crashing issues. Actual file edits don't rely on outside programs for anything and almost always work flawlessly (As long as you know what you're doing). Ntm, it's just a file drag and drop. Takes no more than 20 seconds to navigate and drop.

Link to post
Just now, Lundy said:

Understandable, but there is a certain amount of depth you can achieve in scripting over data files (at least in GTA), and those scripts would work better implemented directly into the main mod, rather than a random ragehook script layered on top.

Link to post
Just now, thegreathah said:

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of edits aren't possible without use of outside scripting. Say you don't need a script for patrol spawns as a data file edit can do that. Save the script load for something only possible with a script.

Link to post
2 hours ago, thegreathah said:

You mean "meet the person single-handedly moderating lcpdfr.com".

lol very true!

Link to post

Thank you @Fiskey111 for letting me do this. ^_^  I quite enjoyed it!

2 hours ago, thegreathah said:

You mean "meet the person single-handedly moderating lcpdfr.com".

28 minutes ago, Mags said:

lol very true!

LOL!  I mean, I'm not a manager, so I can't single-handedly  do it.

trollolol.png.92d44104b2fe251a5fd4d9352c8e4a94.png

2 hours ago, sixium said:

Woot woot

Sir, you need to pay me $10 every time you woot woot.

1 hour ago, Splodge123 said:

Dude, you're the best mod. Every time I have a problem, you've fixed it.

Thank you! Always glad to help. :)

1 hour ago, thegreathah said:

TheGreatHah is correct.  I do use Cops Back On The Beat, but not everyone else would want to edit game files just to get police actually patrolling.

Link to post

Don't you just love this Moderator Love Fest that's going on?! :D

Anyway, this was quite an interesting read.

p.s., fix the Topic Title. Who is this "Kallusrourke" person? ;)

Link to post
18 minutes ago, PhillBellic said:

Don't you just love this Moderator Love Fest that's going on?! :D

Yes, yes I do. :P

p.s., fix the Topic Title. Who is this "Kallusrourke" person? ;)

It's my evil twin, aka @CouthInk4 :P

Link to post
34 minutes ago, Kallus Rourke said:

It's my evil twin, aka @CouthInk4 :P

2spooky4me. :o

Moving on, Congrats and stuff for being featured in this Topic. d=

Link to post

Who is this Kallus guy you're talking about? Ohhhhh that one guy that is a walking mod-encyclopedia? Right...

Dude on a serious note you're ridiculously useful and helpful much love!! BTW yeah don't act like you didn't appear on twitch chat in a cop video on youtube because I spotted you LMAOO :laugh: ( mods reading this please add more emoticons its a MUST)!!

Link to post
7 hours ago, Jersecop said:

LOL.  I wouldn't say encyclopedia.  Maybe a joke book. XD

Thank you!  I try to be quite helpful.  I do visit BlackBadge's stream, but I appeared in a Youtube video? Wha?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

×