Aquamenti

Aquamenti's WIP and showroom thread

The car's been out for a few days now, and I figured I should create a thread here as well for my projects, and for people to report any bugs, problems with installation, post suggestions/requests and maybe share cool pictures or custom liveries for the cars I've released.

To any who have not yet had the pleasure to try the vehicle out, let me get straight down to brass tacks here and explain what sets this vehicle apart from others.

The vehicle exploits carcols.ymt editing and has amber lights on three sides of the car. It's UV-mapped on all LODs and comes with a 4096x4096 template. Headlight coronas and dirt/mud don't look out of place. To summarize, it looks very natural in-game and is lore-friendly. 

Full features list:

• (Optional) Carcols lines (or replacement file) for amber rear LEDs and side-facing lights
  • Slightly tinted windows by default
  • Breakable glass and functioning dials
  • Default dirt mapping is preserved
  • Detailed UV-mapping of the vehicle and a HQ template for custom liveries
  • Eight high quality LSPD liveries with a .psd for an example
  • BONUS! Before going on duty, visit LS Customs to give your cruiser a unique look. Jackal default body modifications enabled.

Planned features currently include a functional push bar and more liveries.

Edited by Aquamenti

Customization is key to my gaming experience. I take pictures, do textures and lore-friendly vehicles. 
Recent releases: OracleRadiusPony. See all.
You can see my gallery here

A new update adds a bullbar and the green liveries that are pictured on the screenshots. It also fixes an issue with the .ytd file that would prevent the vehicle from loading for some users.

Customization is key to my gaming experience. I take pictures, do textures and lore-friendly vehicles. 

I've released a custom user interface for Albo1125's Siren Mastery (http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/12577-siren-mastery-fully-master-your-siren-tones/)
It's compact both in appearance and file size, and is based on a real life handheld siren system. It is best suited for cars with up to 7 sirens, but looks fine regardless.

Edited by Aquamenti

I've begun work on another lore-friendly police vehicle, this time the Annis Pinnacle from GTA IV (credit to the IV Pack team for converting the model).
A working prototype has hit the streets of Los Santos:

(Three images)

Spoiler

pinnacle4.png

pinnacle3.png

pinnacle7.png

And it's online! 

• Recommended handling, carvariations and vehicles.meta lines included
  • Compatibility for police2 replacement
  • Breakable windows, working dials, functional push bar
  • Dirt mapping is preserved, looks natural
  • The vehicle is mapped & templated - 4 LSPD liveries and an exemplative .psd included!

If you create or want more liveries for this, let me know!

I only do four-doors. But yeah. I've got something cooking from IV. :smile:

@Aquamenti don't suppose you'd fancy making a Cheval Fugitive PPV....as the one that was here on LCPDFR, has been gone for some time.  I use all your current mods, but I'd really like a Fugitive in game. 

No worries if you've no plans for this.

2 hours ago, Jakeus said:

@Aquamenti don't suppose you'd fancy making a Cheval Fugitive PPV....as the one that was here on LCPDFR, has been gone for some time.  I use all your current mods, but I'd really like a Fugitive in game. 

No worries if you've no plans for this.

You know, I'd actually do it, since the car is extremely fit for a police vehicle and I like it, but RDE 3.0 will include it anyhow, and keeping in mind their attention to quality and detail I suppose there's no point in me making another one. Thank you for your suggestion! :smile:

I totally forgot about it being in RDE 3.0!  There's that many photos been posted and it all looks fantastic.  

You have any other model ideas in the pipeline?

I'm glad you asked! I ran out of my ZM3 subscription which has given me the chance to focus more on my vocational and personal lives. Once I'm ready to spend more time on GTA V and modding cars as a hobby again, I'll renew the subscription and will start work on new vehicles and fix any of my current models, should the need arise. A police version of the Radius might be a cool idea that was suggested in this thread, and the IV car pool still has some goodies to produce, which I've also got my eye on. 

I'm back for a short while and, believe me, the workshop is busy. 
As per a friend's request, I've released an unmarked version of the Brute Pony van. It's fully mapped as its cousin (so, possible slicktop? you decide!), and as a satirical touch I added an optional Weazel News livery for anyone interested. The old van's driver misplacement problem has also been fixed with a proper vehicles.meta update. 

But, a picture says more than a thousand words, so see for yourselves: 

Spoiler

pony8.png

I've removed texture and mapping resources from the pack to significantly reduce download size. Both these optional files as well as the new unmarked model have been added as separate downloads on the same page. In the coming few days I will seek to release a version with a halogen rotator bar for the historical authenticity enthusiast. Stay tuned!

What's next? I've already begun work on the Vapid Radius police vehicle. The base model is complete and tested, and looks marvelous, but I've yet to map it, which is arguably the most time consuming part of default-style police car mods. I hope to release it before the week is over.

The Brute Pony is now also available in halogen rotator lightbar configuration - no more LEDs for your authentic retro experience.

Fresh out of the garage is the brand new Vapid Radius police car! Grab it while it's hot here:

Awesome stuff Aquamenti, I really enjoy your work! 

For future projects, would you consider using your magic touch to make proper police versions of the Mesa and Dominator? I know there's a police Mesa somewhere but it's based on the jacked Merryweather version whereas the regular version would be a better fit, and there is a Dominator but it stopped getting updated before it could be properly finished.

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I'll consider your suggestions, especially should there become a bigger demand. :smile: I'll keep it in the back of my head.