Eagle

ELS vs Non-ELS Vehicles

I've been using ELS vehicles since I got my GTA and started playing FR which was quite long time ago. I've been thinking of changing my whole police fleet to non-els because it brings me much more realism (I'm watching not to drive too fast to wreck my car or watching how to do pit-maneuver with least damage to my car, etc.) and I really like those 3 lighting patterns which came along FR. On the other side, you won't have any crashes like you would with ELS (having ELS on AI models and calling a lil more back than you need :whistling: )

So what's your personal opinion about ELS vs Non-Els?

Since I have a shitty pc I'm using non-ELS, but in a short while I will use ELS. ELS makes it all so much more realistic and that's what I want. And I belive that if you start a private multiplayer game, with only you playing, the games crashes less.

Guest Andrew.   
Guest Andrew.

ELS is better for more realism but Non-Els doesnt lag your game or make it crash...id still stick with els :D

Non ELS: Does not cause annoying random crashes. Looks better with older light bars. I don't mind seeing it on new light bars as well. At least you can have damage with Non ELS. Way more realistic. Not to mention ELS' door bug. Not a real big deal, but I always hude behind my door in high emergencies. The It's useful that the door doesn't closes itself right away.

Non ELS: Does not cause annoying random crashes. Looks better with older light bars. I don't mind seeing it on new light bars as well. At least you can have damage with Non ELS. Way more realistic. Not to mention ELS' door bug. Not a real big deal, but I always hude behind my door in high emergencies. The It's useful that the door doesn't closes itself right away.

M' man. :D

You're going 180 km/h and suddenly you hit another car, guy is dead and flying 20 m in air and you're in a car, continuing without problems. xDDD

M' man. :D

You're going 180 km/h and suddenly you hit another car, guy is dead and flying 20 m in air and you're in a car, continuing without problems. xDDD

Well, ELS won't solve that lol.

i'm an ELS guy, always have been, yes the crashes can be annoying but i haven't had a crash since i downgraded to V5, so, i have the chance to get bored before ANY kind of crash or lag :yes:

I couldn't even imagine playing this with the non-ELS vehicles.

Just give it a shot, try one vehicle!

Edited by Eagle

I love non-ELS personally, no crashs and no godmode car. But there's definitly not as much possible as with ELS. No pattern, only 4 blue and 4 red (or only 4 for FBI) lights, very hard to recreate any real existing car, that's why not much modders use it.

There should come a fix for out. More Non ELS Lights possible.

BTW, now we're discussing this anyway, is there a mod out that enables the Non ELS Lights only?

You can press one of the buttons on the NUM-keypad while LCPD:FR is activated.

Edited by gneb

I like ELS given you have a wide range of newer lightbars that make it more realistic

Isn't that PP Mod?

It's also LCPDFR too. It's the "Num /" for me, and it goes through three different patterns. I personally enjoy non-ELS because you can run silent with the light pattern on, and cars will still move out of your way. It just feels more realistic and lets me roll Code 2 to calls with traffic responding as they should to a moving Code 2 Police vehicle.

But, I still enjoy ELS for the various patterns, and for all the multiplayer groups that use them.

Edited by ArchangelTwo

It's also LCPDFR too. It's the "Num /" for me, and it goes through three different patterns. I personally enjoy non-ELS because you can run silent with the light pattern on, and cars will still move out of your way. It just feels more realistic and lets me roll Code 2 to calls with traffic responding as they should to a moving Code 2 Police vehicle.

But, I still enjoy ELS for the various patterns, and for all the multiplayer groups that use them.

Just quickly tested it. That is freaking BOSS! I love it! Never knew about it though... Now I enjoy Non ELS even more.

there are plenty of cars that using ELS and this is an advantage.On the other hand it's not realistic cause your car can't crash and the most time tha game crashes.

Non-ELS i believe that is better because your game isn't overload and i'm not experience problem.Unfortunately it's difficult to find non-els car models

Since I have a shitty pc I'm using non-ELS, but in a short while I will use ELS. ELS makes it all so much more realistic and that's what I want. And I belive that if you start a private multiplayer game, with only you playing, the games crashes less.

Why would you start a MP game and play on your own? Why not play SP?

Idid read somewhere that if you have ELS V6 installed and you get alot of crashes you can play MP alone and you will get less crashes...

Isn't that PP Mod?

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Can't believe that you didn't know we have / for light patterns. :D

It's cool, ye. :D

Edit:

You can have that light patterns on ELS models, too. Just you'll have to press ALT + T or just press J to activate the lights along with / of course.

Edited by Eagle

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Can't believe that you didn't know we have / for light patterns. :D

It's cool, ye. :D

That is probably because I just started with Non ELS. Recently switched from ELS to non, and from now on all my mods are just Non ELS.

there are plenty of cars that using ELS and this is an advantage.On the other hand it's not realistic cause your car can't crash and the most time tha game crashes.

Non-ELS i believe that is better because your game isn't overload and i'm not experience problem.Unfortunately it's difficult to find non-els car models

You can find lot of non els in http://gtapolicemods.com/

or just look up a couple threads at

I prefer non-els purely for the fact that my car takes damage, and can get shot up, as well as leaving doors open. I do however have an ELS file, I actually have 3 versions of GTA4 on my comp, non-els (with other cars), ELS, and vanilla LCPDFR (for MP use with no changes at all). ELS is the only game that gives me issues with random crashs but outside that they all run like champs.

some folks are gonna love the purty flashing lights, and the slick lookin cars. When others like old school look, or prefer more rough and tough style where your vehicles can take damage and you think more about your driving, car position, and so on.

Edited by stormoffires

I like ELS because there are blue lights.