Fiskey111

YOU DECIDE! Secondary Callouts

You decide!  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the new version of Secondary Callouts to not show blips of victims/crimes/etc and just show you an area where to search for it? (Similar to restraining order when you have to find the suspect)

• Yes
    • No
    • Both options (please try to select one of the above)

Currently most callouts start out by showing you a location of the victim/crime exactly- you follow the route and drive right up to the location.

That's not what happens in real life.

I want to change this- I want to make you find the crime!

What do you think?

**KEEP IN MIND: Dispatch would read you a description of the victim if you had to talk to someone (like in restraining order)**

Edited by fiskey111

pls do :)

also if you could throw some mundane tasks in as well itd be awesome

Edited by vynlthrash

Well I'm a police dispatcher in my area, and this is somewhat true.  Some calls have a person provide almost too much info, but others we try to call the person back cause we can only get out of a frantic 15 second conversation almost nothing including requested area for an officer to attend to.

yes i would very much like that because real police officers do not have an exact location of a suscpect they have a general search are and a heading wich the suspect went, if a callout mod could feauture such callouts that you only get a direction, last seen location and description of the suspect would be a really good plugin and i think alot people would want to play it 

I am so glad you ran with my restraining order idea :D i love that callout the voiceover was a nice touch. a mix of sometimes knowing exactly where to find the person and sometimes having to search would be a great middle ground and would probably be the most realistic way of doing it. often times officers get called to a residence/workplace so they dont really need to do much searching other times they just get a general last known location. In the real world a lot of these calls end with the officer unable to locate the person, and handing it off to a detective. however i know that in a game that might not be the most enjoyable thing to do. for example in many pursuits in my area if the suspect is driving recklessly the pursuit will be called off - in terms of gameplay that would probably not be the most fun - even though it would be realistic. (of the 10+ lspdfr youtubers i subscribe too I dont think I have ever seen an player decide to call off a pursuit for safety concerns)

Edited by TheDude

53 minutes ago, Alexander195 said:

Maybe fix how you have to force end the callouts, and how 90% of the time when you respond the subject of whatever callout is standing on the police car? :whistling:

Some of the callouts require force end because there are so many methods for you to choose.  For instance, with Open Carry- you could choose to let the suspect go without stopping him, you could stop him and talk to him, or you could shoot him and kill him.  The first two of those are not detectable by code (as far as I know), meaning that the only way for the callout to be ended would be by killing the suspect.  The newest version will have some more automatic ending wherever possible, and I'm currently pretty confident that from now on there will be no more people standing on the police car or in the middle of the road with this new method I'm trying!  So far it's been 100% successful with my limited trials!

10 minutes ago, TheDude said:

I am so glad you ran with my restraining order idea :D i love that callout the voiceover was a nice touch. a mix of sometimes knowing exactly where to find the person and sometimes having to search would be a great middle ground and would probably be the most realistic way of doing it. often times officers get called to a residence/workplace so they dont really need to do much searching other times they just get a general last known location. In the real world a lot of these calls end with the officer unable to locate the person, and handing it off to a detective. however i know that in a game that might not be the most enjoyable thing to do. for example in many pursuits in my area if the suspect is driving recklessly the pursuit will be called off - in terms of gameplay that would probably not be the most fun - even though it would be realistic. (of the 10+ lspdfr youtubers i subscribe too I dont think I have ever seen an player decide to call off a pursuit for safety concerns)

I thought it was a great idea!  I might do that, and have it be like a random chance of whether or not you know the location of the caller.  I agree though, it would be boring to start something, go a long time with it, then end up not finishing it...  (And we all know that would happen every time cause the AI is incapable of driving well!)

So far it's looking like most are supporting this idea, so I'll probably go with a mixture of both!  Some callouts will always be a specific location and some will be a mixture of both!

Keep answering and whatnot, I'll make sure to take the final poll into consideration!

15 minutes ago, fiskey111 said:

Some of the callouts require force end because there are so many methods for you to choose.  For instance, with Open Carry- you could choose to let the suspect go without stopping him, you could stop him and talk to him, or you could shoot him and kill him.  The first two of those are not detectable by code (as far as I know), meaning that the only way for the callout to be ended would be by killing the suspect.  The newest version will have some more automatic ending wherever possible, and I'm currently pretty confident that from now on there will be no more people standing on the police car or in the middle of the road with this new method I'm trying!  So far it's been 100% successful with my limited trials!

I thought it was a great idea!  I might do that, and have it be like a random chance of whether or not you know the location of the caller.  I agree though, it would be boring to start something, go a long time with it, then end up not finishing it...  (And we all know that would happen every time cause the AI is incapable of driving well!)

So far it's looking like most are supporting this idea, so I'll probably go with a mixture of both!  Some callouts will always be a specific location and some will be a mixture of both!

Keep answering and whatnot, I'll make sure to take the final poll into consideration!

knowing the location of the caller is generally not an issue, its when the caller tells you that person who violated the order drove off in "that direction" or "hangs out around clucking bell" that things get interesting. sometimes the caller will know exactly where the suspect is and often times they will really have no clue. Since the caller is reporting a violation of a restraining order getting in touch with them really would not be an issue since their address/phone number, ect would all be on file because of the court order. it would just be a matter of tracking down the suspect, you would however know exactly who you were looking for and their last known address,drivers license details and all that jazz. Now if they are actually at home when you come knocking that's a different story. :P there is really never unknown suspects in a order violation because all of that stuff is on record with the courts and since you know exactly who you are looking for its just a matter of tracking them down.

Edit: I am on medication for a wicked bronchial infection atm so I am sorry if i was rambling haha

Edited by TheDude

Definitely! Would make it a lot more realistic! I'd only request that if we get the Callouts in the county, the officer and car is a sheriff deputy and sheriff vehicle. Pretty lore breaking with LSPD in Paleto Bay!

6 hours ago, Alfa1561 said:

Definitely! Would make it a lot more realistic! I'd only request that if we get the Callouts in the county, the officer and car is a sheriff deputy and sheriff vehicle. Pretty lore breaking with LSPD in Paleto Bay!

In the INI file you can change the vehicle and ped!  I don't know how to make it know where you are, so until I do that'll be the only way to change it.

19 hours ago, TheDude said:

knowing the location of the caller is generally not an issue, its when the caller tells you that person who violated the order drove off in "that direction" or "hangs out around clucking bell" that things get interesting. sometimes the caller will know exactly where the suspect is and often times they will really have no clue. Since the caller is reporting a violation of a restraining order getting in touch with them really would not be an issue since their address/phone number, ect would all be on file because of the court order. it would just be a matter of tracking down the suspect, you would however know exactly who you were looking for and their last known address,drivers license details and all that jazz. Now if they are actually at home when you come knocking that's a different story. :P there is really never unknown suspects in a order violation because all of that stuff is on record with the courts and since you know exactly who you are looking for its just a matter of tracking them down.

Edit: I am on medication for a wicked bronchial infection atm so I am sorry if i was rambling haha

Stuff like that would be amazing to do.  One of the most time consuming things to make this callout much more realistic is to go around the map and grab coordinates so I can use them for things like this.  I might actually try to do something with their address...

I think every callout maker should make their callouts more in-depth and realistic in order to make the most of the improved(and improving) overall policing mechanism in LSPDFR 0.3. By searching a specific area instead of locating a person with a blip you can certainly experience how would a real-life officer would do in such kind of situation. Also, this option challenges the actual player in which a fair understanding of the dispatch description would be necessary.

14 minutes ago, GoldMeteora said:

I think every callout maker should make their callouts more in-depth and realistic in order to make the most of the improved(and improving) overall policing mechanism in LSPDFR 0.3. By searching a specific area instead of locating a person with a blip you can certainly experience how would a real-life officer would do in such kind of situation. Also, this option challenges the actual player in which a fair understanding of the dispatch description would be necessary.

I agree personally.  The issue is just that some people want to "run and gun" police where as people like you and I want realistic policing.  I'm trying to make the callouts where this will work a 50/50 shot of giving you the exact location.  That way you don't always have to search and yet you still do sometimes.  I'm enjoying having dispatch read a description of the suspect, it makes it more interesting!