jmann

Open/close roads

Hi!

I've been playing a little of .3 and am loving it so far! Thanks for all of your hard work, guys.

Could anyone please explain what the open/close road feature (from the interaction menu on foot) is supposed to do? That's the one thing I haven't quite figured out yet.

14 minutes ago, Original Light said:

It's intended to prevent NPC vehicles from driving down the street you're on. 

but they still do even when the roads are closed. perhaps its a feature thats still a WIP.

I have had it appear to work a few times.  no more traffic comes down the road other than the ones are already in your scene trying to get around you.  Even turned the whole other side of the highway, traffic was doing a u turn and heading back the other way.. But most of the time they just keep driving thru.

It does work, but I think it's buggy, particularly on freeway. (see video below)

From what I can tell during my own tests, it doesn't clear traffic already spawned near you but stops new traffic spawning.

Small question and I know I'm being lazy and could figure it out but anyway lol ... in 2b to place a roadblock sign was ctrl "j" .. I tired in .03 and nothing happens .. does anyone know the new button for it?  Thanks in advance :)

41 minutes ago, gamer516 said:

Small question and I know I'm being lazy and could figure it out but anyway lol ... in 2b to place a roadblock sign was ctrl "j" .. I tired in .03 and nothing happens .. does anyone know the new button for it?  Thanks in advance :)

IIRC, it was part of Callouts V or some similar script. Wasn't included in the vanilla LSPDFR 0.2b ;) --< this is if you are speaking about "cars roadblock"

If you are talking about the barrier sign, then it's Police Radio from FinkOne:)

Edited by liberto

yeah the lil blue barrier you could place ... and ok thanks i thought it was part of 2b .. guess ill have to wait for the update