Looking for a few developers...

Stealth22

So I can't disclose too much information out here in the public, but here goes...

I've been approached to create a set of LSPDFR callouts that follow a certain theme. But with everything I have going on, I don't have any time to dedicate towards it, aside from maybe doing a couple of things here and there.

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in helping me out with this project. I would be looking for up to 4 experienced developers. And when I say experienced, I mean that you have at least one popular/high quality RPH plugin (or callout plugin) released out there.

This would not be open source, so we can't use GitHub as a code repository, as private GitHub repos are not free. We would be using TFS (Team Foundation Server), which is provided for free by Microsoft on their Visual Studio Online website. It is free for up to 5 users. Visual Studio has tools built-in to connect to TFS Team Projects, and when your changes are done, you simply check them in to the server. For those familiar with VSO and TFS, there would be Work Items (think Issues in GitHub) assigned to each developer to complete. There's no deadlines or anything; we're not a software company, haha. Its just to track who is doing what, that's all.

So, anyone interested? I know @FinKone is busy these days, but anyone else? @Albo1125? @alexguirre? @LtFlash? @FtDLulz? @Straysify? @LukeD?

Sorry for all the tags, haha. I just wanted to make sure that you guys specifically saw this.

Anyone else is free to express interest too. Don't be afraid if you're new to the LSPDFR API. I would just prefer to have at least two experienced dev's working alongside any newer guys. I just tagged a few dev's above that I know. Anyone else is free to come forward.

Once we've got enough people, I'll start a private messaging chain and give you the details.

Thanks!

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

It's extremely kind of you to mention me here but I can't join the team as an active coder. I start a new academic year in 2 weeks and will be completely out from any serious developing. Still, I can serve with an advise in case of some typical for GTA issues or gameplay ideas for increasing realism.

I'd love to, and I've actually been working on and off on a callout plugin, but I'm too busy with school and such lately.

Unless you'd be okay with erratic work times on my part, I'll have to decline.

Edited by FtDLulz

Ok, cool. Sometime today or tomorrow, I'll create the project in TFS and send you guys the details. 

Stealth22

I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We are at the max number of users that TFS allows (on the free plan, anyway), but thanks for the offer.

Stealth22