alexguirre

[DEV TOOL | REL] RAGENativeUI

That sounds awesome ! Definitely gonna use it in my plugins ! :thumbsup:

Well, maybe the buggy mouse cursor problem I had won't be that much of a problem then. :woot:

Logging in...

Launching game...

Error launching game: Cannot load while loading. Please log out and retry.

Logging out...

Error logging out. You are not logged in. You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out.

Well, maybe the buggy mouse cursor problem I had won't be that much of a problem then. :woot:

Well I just tried this with the mouse cursor enabled and I had the same problem x) Good thing I managed to disable it.

That's weird because it's the same mouse cursor that is used in GTA V for the pause menu and other menus. Do the GTA V menus work for you?

Yes of course. It also works in the RageHook console and pretty much everywhere else a cursor is displayed. It only happened on my custom menu.

Edited by DemNinjas

Can you confirm it's working on RPH 0.26? I just tried the example and my game crashed.

I'm still using Rage v0.25, but it works perfectly for me.

Is that your own code?

Does loading the example from your console crash your game?

Yes it's my own menu, but the example works fine as well. I have no idea what could make you crash.

Edited by DemNinjas

RAGENativeUI has been updated to version 1.1

Changelog

• Fixed issues with the go down arrow using the cursor.
  • Removed UIMenu() overload with custom banner.
  • Removed UIMenu.SetBannerType() overload with custom banner.
  • Removed MenuPool.SetBannerType() overload with custom banners.
  • Slightly changed .xml file
  • Removed Sprite.DrawTexture() method.
  • Fixed crash in Scaleform.Render2D() method with GTA V v.463
Edited by alexguirre

Can you confirm it's working on RPH 0.26? I just tried the example and my game crashed.

Yes it's my own menu, but the example works fine as well. I have no idea what could make you crash.

Crash fixed in version 1.1

• Fixed crash in Scaleform.Render2D() method with GTA V v.463
Edited by alexguirre

RAGENativeUI has been updated to version 1.2

Changelog

• Re-added UIMenu() overload with custom banner.
  • Re-added UIMenu.SetBannerType() overload with custom banner.
  • Re-added MenuPool.SetBannerType() overload with custom banner.
  • Re-added Sprite.DrawTexture() method.
  • Added UIMenu.DrawBanner() method.
  • Added MenuPool.DrawBanners() method.
  • Added AllowCameraMovement property.
  • Changes in .xml docs file.

Thanks to Guad for the custom textures methods. Check the wiki for information about how to use them

Edited by alexguirre

While trying to build a user comunication layer for my trucking mod I encounter an issue and I want to ask you guys a question: can I modify a list of items of MenuListItem which is placed between other NativeMenuItems? I tried to remove my MenuListItem, create a new one with a proper index, add the new one to the menu but it is placed as the last element. Do I have to remove the MenuListItem and all the Items below it, then add them again with an updated list?

2 hours ago, LtFlash said:

While trying to build a user comunication layer for my trucking mod I encounter an issue and I want to ask you guys a question: can I modify a list of items of MenuListItem which is placed between other NativeMenuItems? I tried to remove my MenuListItem, create a new one with a proper index, add the new one to the menu but it is placed as the last element. Do I have to remove the MenuListItem and all the Items below it, then add them again with an updated list?

You can change your list item's position within UIMenu.MenuItems list.

Edited by Guadmaz

On 16.11.2015, 22:31:40, Guadmaz said:

You can change your list item's position within UIMenu.MenuItems list.

Thank you Guadmaz, my thinking needed a way out of the box. Fun fact is I'm not able to Insert() element to the list but I can RemoveAt(), Add() and move an item up to it's location (by replacing with an item above the added one). Anyway, I can do what I wanted to.

Edited by LtFlash

RAGENativeUI has been updated to version 1.3

Changelog

• Renamed menu items for more consistency with NativeUI
  • Added Timerbars.
  • Added pause menu-like items: TabView, TabItem, etc
  • Added BigMessage.
  • Added colored items.
  • Fixed bug where custom keys didn't work in UIMenu
  • Added AddSubMenu and RefreshIndex in the MenuPool
  • Moved InstructionalButton class to Elements namespace
  • Added IsTextureDictLoaded and LoadTextureDict to te Sprite class
  • Fixed bug which made the menu white sometimes(needs feedback, not really sure if it still happening)
  • Updated and added examples

*This version isn't compatible with previous versions.

LSPDFR crash while going on duty since I updated RAGENativeUI, I found this in the log: 

Spoiler

LSPD First Response: Exception message: No se puede cargar el tipo 'RAGENativeUI.Elements.MenuListItem' del ensamblado'RAGENativeUI, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I will attach the entire log :)

RagePluginHook.log

6 hours ago, Mercuri said:

LSPDFR crash while going on duty since I updated RAGENativeUI, I found this in the log: 

Hide contents

LSPD First Response: Exception message: No se puede cargar el tipo 'RAGENativeUI.Elements.MenuListItem' del ensamblado'RAGENativeUI, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I will attach the entire log :)

RagePluginHook.log

Update Traffic Policer.

For any devs using RageNative UI, are you guys checking the DLL version on startup? I know that Alex changed some of the class names recently, so it would break a few plugins if they aren't updated.

As a rule, you should be checking file versions on EVERY dependency of your plugin. This includes RPH, LSPDFR, RageNative UI, and any other DLL referenced by your project that needs to be present in the GTA V directory.

Now that being said, some of them will still crash on startup if .NET goes to use/reference them when your plugin is loaded. But in most cases, it should at least let you exit the plugin gracefully without crashing.

EDIT: And please, don't follow examples on the internet that use the Assembly class to check the version number. By doing that, you're loading the DLL into memory a second time, and wasting system resources. See my post in the Tips for Developers thread in the API forum on how to check a file version efficiently.

Edited by Stealth22

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

I have a user who's testing my Custom Backup mod reporting that the RageNativeUI menu is hyper-sensitive to key/controller input. Apparently, pressing enter causes the action to register multiple times, and switching between list options with right/left arrows scrolls too quickly to easily select an option. I haven't been able to replicate this behavior myself, although I had seen this happen in PoliceToolbox before (which may not have even been using RageNativeUI). The user isn't having this issue with other RageNativeUI plugins. 

Has anybody seen this happen? Any ideas on what might be causing it, why it only happens for some users, and what I can do to prevent it from happening? 

[WIP | Beta] Coastal Callouts: Upcoming action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response
[REL] Custom Backup: Bringing ultimate customization power to LSPDFR backup!

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!