Kane104

Volkswagen Golf 7 GTI [WIP]

As usual, there hasn't been a proper model like this made for GTA IV yet and I believe this will be the first one. I actually started scratch modeling the car half way through last year(after I finished the VW Amarok model) but had to abandon it due to my studies, I ended up forgetting about the project until I stumbled upon it a few days ago and decided to finish it up. Originally, I finished up most of the front end of the car and only got to doing the rear when I got busy on it again.

Here's two progress pictures for the mean time:

Untitled-1_zpsfmnsan7n.jpg

Untitled-2_zpspgok6cxb.jpg

Some areas are still rough and I'll obviously be fixing them as I go along, the goal was to get the general shape and contours of the car and then start the detailing from there. I'll be posting regular progress updates on the model as I progress.

Edited by KevinDV

Another update for those following, I've finished up most of the rear detailing and moved over to the front. I'm working on the headlights at the moment so please excuse the lack of detailing to them.

I will also make mention that I'm optimizing the model so that I'll be able to port it to both GTA IV and GTA V.

Edited by KevinDV
Updated images

Sorry for being so quiet but I've been extremely occupied lately. On the positive side though, I've made some great progress with the model. just a few minor details remain before I'm able to port it.

Untitled-2_zpsumk9wnil.jpg

Untitled-4_zpscrgcfrng.jpg

Untitled-3_zpsybspipfl.jpg

Untitled-5_zpsfmtyipzg.jpg

I'll keep you guys posted on the happenings but I can probably make mention now already that its likely to be ingame by either later today or tomorrow.

Edited by KevinDV

Seems I'm going to have to bump, quite a pity that the forums are dead. Anyhow, I can gladly say that I've managed to port the Golf over to GTA IV and its looking absolutely fantastic ingame. Below are some screenshots.

Untitled-1_zpszkfcodsr.jpg

Untitled-2_zpsn53j2fzo.jpg

I'll post further updates at a later stage regarding the release date. I still have to do the brake calipers, LODs, and a few minor tweaks.