Sgt.Kanyo

ELS v8 bug list

I've decided to make a thread that'll list all the bugs we've found in ELS v8 so far, so it may make it easier for the devs to know what they should fix.

This ain't no offical thread, but since I haven't found anything like this, I suggest everyone writing the bugs they found here.

- Secondary light patterns cannot be saved

- Warning lights' and secondary lights' enviroment lights don't take notice of the multipliers (at least I can always see their enviroment lights even at daytime while primary lights aren't visible)

- Significantly more crashes in MP, then with the older ELS (els v5 mainly)

- When you hit "fix car" extra5 and extra6 lights gets rendered (they turn on)

- On some of the cars used by the AI, unused extras gets turned on with the primary lights (for example the secondary lights are still on, even though I disabled them to come on with the primary lights)

- I can't seem to increase the night multiplier to a level I'd find suitable

- I can't seem to increase the flash delay to a suitable level (lights still flash too fast at sp = 5, mp = 5)

- Updating the document on how to make rotator lightbars (drota)

- Insanely low fps in MP after some random time

- When you have different patterns assigned to different siren modes, it seems when you jump back to wail or turn off the siren, the pattern gets set back to 00

- Adding the flash delay function to every vcf file (this may not be a bug, but it's impossible to recreate certain patterns by having an overall flash delay)

- Using E-28 pattern in leds for primary lights has different intensity for certain extras. (extra1's and extra4's enviroment lights seem to be more intense then extra2's and extra3's)

Edited by Sgt.Kanyo

Good idea, Kanyo! I have something that isn't really a bug, but something that should be fixed - the lack of documentation on the rotar function and how to set it up.

What do you mean by you not being able to set secondary light pattern.. You open the panel and press I (default controls) it works fine (for me at least). Also for the enviormental light issues, try using these settings -

8LTBq.png

Yeah, its a shame really. I was hoping Caine would release at least an unlocked vehicle with v8 showing how the new rotator system works but even his recently released SPVM pack vehicles have the old "fake" ELS-H simulation and those too, are locked. Bugz released two NYPD cars which have the new system, but they're locked too. Ain't fair, IMO.

About the secondary lights I forgot to mention that it's the saved patterns that don't work. I got the pattern saved on 4, it always spawns with 0 instead. (using drct mode)

As for the enviroment lights, I'll still try to test it out, but the main idea was to have almost no enviroment lighting at daytime, while have a really strong light effect at night like here:

Also I think I'll keep updating the first post about the bugs, so if you have found anything let me know, and I'll update the first post.

Sgt.Kanyo  ....     EnvMult_Morning = 0.0                           ... should eliminate the ELS reflecting off the environment during Daytime   :smile:

Sgt.Kanyo  ....     EnvMult_Morning = 0.0                           ... should eliminate the ELS reflecting off the environment during Daytime   :smile:

Reply edited.. nvm re-read OP.(:

Edited by McAwesome6934

This goes with all mods. 

I do realise that however, my community built up a superbly stable mod pack that seldom crashed. However, with the addition of V8, our patrols are interrupted with frequent game crashes. 

I do realise that however, my community built up a superbly stable mod pack that seldom crashed. However, with the addition of V8, our patrols are interrupted with frequent game crashes. 

Really? My community observed the complete opposite effect, and saw a lot more stability compared to V7.

Unfortunately I don't know how much more stable it is then v7, because I didn't even use that. However I get like 1 crashes out of 200 games if I use the els menu (that's the only time when I crash because of ELS) with ELS v5, however with v8 I crash like 1 out of 20 games. My game can also crash randomly with ELS v8.

ok i dont know if these a bug or what but wen i open my tail gate my lights will move up wit it but not my els i try to fix one side (blue) to see and show you guys but all i got was to my els stay on (blue) and do nothing but red work fine i did nothing to the saide yet just move blue

please how to fix

Edited by J.J Designs

Are the emissives under the tailgate in the hierarchy, or were they just placed where the lights are when the tailgate is closed? With ELS <8, it didn't matter, as the tailgate auto-closed when ELS was turned on (actually, I suspect this is one reason Rockstar made adding extras also reset the car - so that the extras spawn in the right position, and you don't have an undamaged taxi sign hovering over a severely warped taxi roof). However, now, if you want the extras to go up when the tailgates do, you'll have to do whatever you do with the light frames (which I think is adding them under the tailgate, or maybe attaching the mesh or something - I'm not a car modeler :P).

Are the emissives under the tailgate in the hierarchy, or were they just placed where the lights are when the tailgate is closed? With ELS <8, it didn't matter, as the tailgate auto-closed when ELS was turned on (actually, I suspect this is one reason Rockstar made adding extras also reset the car - so that the extras spawn in the right position, and you don't have an undamaged taxi sign hovering over a severely warped taxi roof). However, now, if you want the extras to go up when the tailgates do, you'll have to do whatever you do with the light frames (which I think is adding them under the tailgate, or maybe attaching the mesh or something - I'm not a car modeler :P).

i did i attach them to the light then move it to the tail gate and thas what i got well on the blue side if you see the pics those wore my results but light will stay on would not flash (blue) not red red is on cuz i have the running key on

You can't attach it to the boot. You have to leave it as extra_*_L0. After that you have to link that to the boot with it's dummies (grab the extra_* dummy and pull it into the boot dummy in the hierarchy. So it'd look like:

(-)boot             <-- dummy

boot_L0     <-- mesh

boot_L1

(-)extra_1    <-- dummy

extra_1_L0  <-- mesh

Anyway this isn't really related to ELS v8

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention in the first post, that sometimes my fps gets insanely low (2 fps) after I play for a while in MP. I think this one is randomly occuring as well, and I have no idea what caused it exactly, however when I remove ELS v8, the problem no longer occurs.

Edited by Sgt.Kanyo

when i do a traffic stop and walking up to the car my emergency lights shut off with els v8 had no problem with els v7

Edited by dcrcbc757813

Got the same problem 'TheScottishGamer'. We made a new modpack in my community and tested it with ELS 7. We wanted to release the modpack, the day when ELS 8 came out. In the tests we rarely crashed with ELS 7 but now we had a crash like every 15 minutes. That's really annoying and we decided to switch back to ELS 7.

P.S.: We all had the same config.

Btw. Great work!

I've noticed just a couple of bugs and there just to point out, but no complaints... One time I went inside the game and noticing that my game kept crashing whenever going inside of a police vehicle. After maybe 26 tries of restarting, I've noticed what it was... I decided to test out the noose car and I tried turning on ELS, lights didn't flicker then obviously a game crash. I was quite expecting it for it to be like that since it was recently released, but seriously I am not complaining. I understand that the bugs were considered to be there because of the release, it's like its first release. So then I reinstalled ELS 8 and went in the game to have some fun with it. Like I said, I can't really complain, that was just to point out.

-AJ

Unfortunately v8 crashes my game after 30min-1hr.  Also, causes lag on my setup, which seems to get worse as the game progresses.

Anyhow, v7r2 is more to my liking at the moment.  The light settings are much more to my liking, the flapping doors don't bother me at all.  With v8, and with the idiot AI drivers, I find myself calling the mechanic after almost every call due to the AI ramming my parked car.

Great work though!  

DrDetroit

When in multiplayer when hitting "G" for the siren to come on it doesnt. The lights are in stage three. Hope you guys can help, and everything else works great.