Sgt.Kanyo

Fixing the door bug in older ELS

Okay so as we can see in the new ELS v8 the door bug (aka fixing bug) has been fixed which is nice. However it doesn't let you (well not me) create the exact same patterns as we had before.

So since I'm using ELS v5, is it possible to get rid of this door bug in the older ELS versions?

It was only possible to fix the door bug/god mode bug thanks to AdvancedHook, and the only ELS version that uses it is ELSv8.

From what I've gathered, ELS V8 is, under the trunk, A much different beast than any other ELS. So, no. But have no fear, I have a feeling that the ELS DEVS aren't done yet.

The only reason we had the door bug in older ELSs is because we use the extra system (aka car components). Just try it out yourself, if an extra part of the car is added, the car immediately gets repaired. When a car gets repaired, all of it's doors will be in a closed position, even the wheels will go back to their normal position.

In ELS v8 LMS managed to fix this, but not by adding a new advancedhook, since I've already tried using the advancedhook and all the files it came with, but by changing the .asi. What I'd really like to have or at least know is how he's managed to do that, and by modifying ELS v5's asi file I could get it working there as well.

No, ELS 8 uses AH to get around the issue. However, that means ELS.asi has to be coded to *use* AH. You can't just modify an ASI; it's compiled C++ code, and ELS is not open source (nor is AH).

Well that's a kick in the balls. I'm guessing Caine wouldn't want to update his ELS v5 or v6 with that nor release the code for ELS and for the extra part fixing issue, right?

As far as patterns go, there's 90+ different patterns for primary lights in V8, of which the majority are approximate recreations of real life flash patterns used by the different manufacturers and I don't see a reason for adding more patterns, especially considering that you can use any extra module in addition to-,  or in place of extras 1 though 4 as lightbar lights (depending on your preferred configuration), you can also change the order of extra lights on the lightbar.

Adding custom patterns aren't possible either due to the way ELS works.

I really don't see a reason as to why anyone should devote any measure of time to completely overhaul  obsolete versions of ELS when something far better already exists.

If a change were made, it'd more likely be in adding an ELS 5/6 pattern to ELS 8, not going back to the ELS 5/6 code and changing the core of how ELS operates.

Well to be honest, I've just noticed yesterday, that the old A-07 pattern which is very similar to A-04 (aka E-03 in ELS v8), is not present in ELS v8. That's the pattern I was using for the CHP led lightbar cars, since it was slower then E-03. The problem with E-03 is that even though my ELS lights are slowed down to "number 5" (I even tried writing 10), the pattern is still way too fast. Also I couldn't seem to find the X-03 pattern which was used for my LAPD cars with the Arjent lightbar (extra2 and extra3 handled the arjent lightbar, and extra1 and extra4 handled the fast strobe effect of the indicator lights and taillights). Also even if I could slow down my ELS to number 7 or number 10, that'd mess up the current pattern of my other cars (being too slow). I guess I have OCD caring about such things, but yeah lol, it'd be nice to have those back. Also the problem is that no matter what and how many patterns you create in ELS, you can't recreate every single pattern there is irl. That's why every car modder should optimize their extras in zmod, in a way that you can recreate the correct pattern in game with ELS. (for example, if you want a rotating lightbar + a led lightbar at the same time, you use the E-01 (els v5) / E-26 (els v8) pattern where 1234 handles the rotating lights just like they normally would, and 12 handles 1 part of the leds, and 34 handles the other, or if you want strobe effect, 1 handles 1 strobe 2 handles another etc.)

Also I noticed that I can only get a "rota" pattern that rotates clockwise, but not anticlockwise. The reason I mentioned this is because once again some of my cars should use an anticlockwise rotation.

The only reason we had the door bug in older ELSs is because we use the extra system (aka car components). Just try it out yourself, if an extra part of the car is added, the car immediately gets repaired. When a car gets repaired, all of it's doors will be in a closed position, even the wheels will go back to their normal position.

In ELS v8 LMS managed to fix this, but not by adding a new advancedhook, since I've already tried using the advancedhook and all the files it came with, but by changing the .asi. What I'd really like to have or at least know is how he's managed to do that, and by modifying ELS v5's asi file I could get it working there as well.

http://blog.lms-dev.com/gta-iv/els-8-behind-the-scenes/ - The necessary patches are done in memory by AdvancedHook and invoked by ELS.