HongKongPoliceForce

Can the inventor of LCPDFR help me out?

I love LCPDFR but i cant get a gta 4 from internet so i play sleeping dogs, it is an awesome game , really awesome! Can the inventor of LCPDFR also write a mod of sleeping dogs that allows player to play as a police officer and do patrol and pursuit or even shootout in HK,that should be wonderful

I love LCPDFR but i cant get a gta 4 from internet so i play sleeping dogs, it is an awesome game , really awesome! Can the inventor of LCPDFR also write a mod of sleeping dogs that allows player to play as a police officer and do patrol and pursuit or even shootout in HK,that should be wonderful

You can buy GTA on Steam.

The Year of the Snake DLC for Sleeping Dogs lets you play as a police officer and do some police missions.  You can arrest people and taser them and such as well.

Interestingly enough, the DLC actually came about as a result of loads of people suggesting it to Square Enix on their forums.  Not only that, but lots of those people showed LCPDFR as an example!

I too play Sleeping Dogs. The amount of infrastructure already in place would make LCPD:FR a great addition to the game (as HKPD:FR) and would be slightly easier to implement than GTA IV was originally. You already have a tazer/cuffs, as aforementioned, but you also could get the police computer (and Abraxas' vDH Police Helper-style handheld MDC) working. Skins, cars, and weapons are already in place.

Theoretically, all you would need is this:

-Put cuffed people into cars

-Callouts and things to respond to

-Accurate sirens & lights, so that you can activate lights without sirens and change tones w/o deactivating lights

-Bodyguards

-The ability to change skins, if necessary (you could use Wei Shen otherwise).

Now I know that LCPD:FR will always be for IV. But maybe it's time to move on? Realistically, how much longer will we be playing LCPD:FR (eyeing some SAPD:FR for V)?

Also, Sleeping Dogs is a Grand Theft Auto-style game...

Edited by spreilly

I too play Sleeping Dogs. The amount of infrastructure already in place would make LCPD:FR a great addition to the game (as HKPD:FR) and would be slightly easier to implement than GTA IV was originally. You already have a tazer/cuffs, as aforementioned, but you also could get the police computer (and Abraxas' vDH Police Helper-style handheld MDC) working. Skins, cars, and weapons are already in place.

-Accurate sirens & lights, so that you can activate lights without sirens and change tones w/o deactivating lights

-Bodyguards

Now I know that LCPD:FR will always be for IV. But maybe it's time to move on? Realistically, how much longer will we be playing LCPD:FR (eyeing some SAPD:FR for V)?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

-Bodyguards

Even things like callouts can be ridiculously hard to do. Most of LCPDFR is comprised of heavy scripting, but the callouts still are tough to do. I guess unless the game already had callouts that you could easily copy and edit.

You could respond to fights, gang activity, drug deals, and run traffic. All of those exist in some fashion in the game. Others would have to be scripted, yes.

The thing is, you ask now, and if and only if, the devs of LCPDFR wanted to, it would probably take a few years before a beta was even released. Then a another year or two for it to reach the stage that 1.0b is at. It would probably be more of a hassle for them to attempt to make, than the reward would be.

Well let's be honest. How many more releases will 1.0 go through? IMO it's reached its peak.

It may as well have, but if there is a GTA V PC release, especially if it is in the near future, why start making LCPDFR for a new game that probably has completely different code than what Rockstar uses in their GTA IV series.They may be gearing up for a GTA V PC release so they can have something somewhat together. Plus, as Sam and many of the developers do, have lives outside of this website. So making a brand new script for a whole different game would take years. And perhaps they don't have time for making a new one. LCPDFR has had a few versions simply because they had the base script down, and improved on what they had.