BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

Myth Hunting... And eliminating by force

I have recently come across an interesting section of the GTA wiki, basically outlining the supposed "creatures" rumored to be in the GTA universe. Since I have GTA IV, I want to create a task force to search for these myths and if we find them, to kill them. That's what I want to do, what I wonder from you all is if you think that this search could be fun, or just plain retarded. Thought, comments and concerns please!

There is a site related to the GTAIV myths, I think it's GTAmyths.com (google).  There are numerous myths and easter eggs related to GTAIV, whether they are true or not, it's up to you to find out.

Try looking for the "Ratman" mythical ped, also Lola is roaming around LC (I think that's her name...chick with the lollie pop), Tommy is too...if you look you may see them.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

There is a site related to the GTAIV myths, I think it's GTAmyths.com (google).  There are numerous myths and easter eggs related to GTAIV, whether they are true or not, it's up to you to find out.

Try looking for the "Ratman" mythical ped, also Lola is roaming around LC (I think that's her name...chick with the lollie pop), Tommy is too...if you look you may see them.

DrDetroit

Lola is the only one I ever researched and she does not exist in GTA IV. I'm pretty sure Rockstar even officially said she doesn't. Anyone who says they saw her is lying.

Also, can you spawn Lola with the trainer? No? Oh...I thought the trainer had every ped model. Same with Tommy.

Lola is the only one I ever researched and she does not exist in GTA IV. I'm pretty sure Rockstar even officially said she doesn't. Anyone who says they saw her is lying.

Also, can you spawn Lola with the trainer? No? Oh...I thought the trainer had every ped model. Same with Tommy.

Well... US Government denied that Area 51 existed, why can't R* do the same with their stuff? ;)

Perhaps their models are hidden somewhere. I find it very interesting with all these myths. Some have been confirmed (like the heart in the statue). The Ratman is still pretty vauge. Sounds have been heard but these are probably just vagrants, or just ambience from actual rats.

Never looked her up, as for tommy he isn't a ped. The only references to previous R* titles within GTA Iv are the clothing you can get which resembles the GTA 3 guy (I forget his name) and the graffiti on the walls from previous concept art.

Well... US Government denied that Area 51 existed, why can't R* do the same with their stuff? ;)

Perhaps their models are hidden somewhere. I find it very interesting with all these myths. Some have been confirmed (like the heart in the statue). The Ratman is still pretty vauge. Sounds have been heard but these are probably just vagrants, or just ambience from actual rats.

Possible but they would have to be very badly coded in for the trainer not to pick it up.

The heart of liberty city is an easter egg not a myth. Because its big vibrant and impossible to miss.

the Ratman is just a myth, its merely ambiance. Although at times a random hobo ped is spawned in the train lines to make it seem like he exists. There is nothing special about him though.

Seems like a fun thing to do.

It is, until you realise you've spent hours into the night googling myths, watching dodgy youtube fakes and hunting every glitch,bug and corrupt texture in the world to find them.

Edited by LukeD

Possible but they would have to be very badly coded in for the trainer not to pick it up.

The heart of liberty city is an easter egg not a myth. Because its big vibrant and impossible to miss.

the Ratman is just a myth, its merely ambiance. Although at times a random hobo ped is spawned in the train lines to make it seem like he exists. There is nothing special about him though.

Aren't you a buzzkill? ;) I just want to believe... Oh well, onwards to find aliens and bigfoot in Blaine County!

Aren't you a buzzkill? ;) I just want to believe... Oh well, onwards to find aliens and bigfoot in Blaine County!

Nah, a buzzkill is me after hundreds of cups of coffee and hours driving around the subways trying to find the illusive f***.

My bad though :P

If you do decide to try and find any of the myths the internet has made, be careful which youtube videos you watch.

A lot of people find them a fantastic opportunity to create a jump scare with tense music. Usually its a copy of the ending part of the video of "the ghost car" (video on youtube of a car on the road which disappears behind some trees, then a guy jumps at the camera and screams. Not for the feint hearted)

Nah, a buzzkill is me after hundreds of cups of coffee and hours driving around the subways trying to find the illusive f***.

My bad though :P

If you do decide to try and find any of the myths the internet has made, be careful which youtube videos you watch.

A lot of people find them a fantastic opportunity to create a jump scare with tense music. Usually its a copy of the ending part of the video of "the ghost car" (video on youtube of a car on the road which disappears behind some trees, then a guy jumps at the camera and screams. Not for the feint hearted)

I do the same thing, so I feel you!

Yeah, I've had my fair share of those... Good thing my heart can take it. For a while.

There is a ped in Middle Park that looks exactly like Tommy, wearing a Hawaiian shirt.  A guy even got a vid of Tommy walking down the sidewalk (check google)...look just like him, maybe a tad fatter....who knows for sure.   Peeps really claim Lola is walking the streets of Times Square between midnight and 4am, with a lolli pop...true or not, who knows.  Never seen anything other than the Heart of Liberty city in the Statue of Happiness.

DrDetroit

There is a ped in Middle Park that looks exactly like Tommy, wearing a Hawaiian shirt.  A guy even got a vid of Tommy walking down the sidewalk (check google)...look just like him, maybe a tad fatter....who knows for sure.   Peeps really claim Lola is walking the streets of Times Square between midnight and 4am, with a lolli pop...true or not, who knows.  Never seen anything other than the Heart of Liberty city in the Statue of Happiness.

DrDetroit

Now loading GTA IV to test these theories. 

Guess I'm on foot patrol through middle park today.

Edited by LukeD

The reason I wanted a task force is that some people said that if you DID manage to find lets say Ratman, then they where extremely violent and hard to kill. Drop 'em with overkill and confirm the myth over their literal dead bodies.

All kinds of weird shit goin' on in LC..what's new!  Check out a few GTAIV myth sites, there are all kinds of easter egg and game myths out there, from UFOs to Ghosts and the infamous Ratman.  

Also a myth is Eddie whats-his-face, the serial killers, crash pad.  Whom, coincidentally, you fight in round-2 of the fighting matches.   I forget them all, there are many.

As Mulder's UFO poster states: "I Want To Believe"

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

All kinds of weird shit goin' on in LC..what's new!  Check out a few GTAIV myth sites, there are all kinds of easter egg and game myths out there, from UFOs to Ghosts and the infamous Ratman.  

Also a myth is Eddie whats-his-face, the serial killers, crash pad.  Whom, coincidentally, you fight in round-2 of the fighting matches.   I forget them all, there are many.

As Mulder's UFO poster states: "I Want To Believe"

DrDetroit

Eddie Low is a Random Person you can run into in the streets of LC. Weird dude.

Finally another X-Files fan! Who does not want to believe? I think Mulder would feel at home in Los Santos. Because over there, some more weird stuff is going down. Plus, he can go all Hank Moody on everyone.

Eddie Low is a Random Person you can run into in the streets of LC. Weird dude.

Finally another X-Files fan! Who does not want to believe? I think Mulder would feel at home in Los Santos. Because over there, some more weird stuff is going down. Plus, he can go all Hank Moody on everyone.

Ha!  Loved that show to death...was one of a kind.  Wish they'd syndicate it again so the series would air in it's entirety.  Would also be cool to see Skully and Mulder ped walking around LC as an Easter Egg.  Maybe Los Santos ;-)

X-Files...ahhh the good ole' days.  Sorry about going OT.

DrDetroit

The problem with the GTA IV myths is that most of them are too boring and forced, unlike the ones of GTA SA. Everybody knows about the myths of SA, they were cool and fun to investigate. Some people have tried to do the same with IV, but instead adding some ridiculous rumours (taken directly from a GTA IV myths "wiki": bohan bigfoot, pyramidhead, zombies... what the fuck?).

Edited by strike