We have an average registration rate between 150-200 a day, that's 200 new people every single day. It's incredible that the community is as strong and large as it is.

I'm seeing a lot of fantastic content on the site, we have a lot of good modders and a strong community, the Community Team and Community Management puts in many hours of work on it every week, some of us always have a tab open on the site when we're at a computer.

Our reward is having a thriving community, we don't get paid, the small amount of ad revenue generated goes to covering server costs, we're here because we want to be here, not because we have to.

We can only do so much, we can't run the community, the main contributes to the site are you lot, we can build the foundation and you guys will build the rest of the house for us, it's incredible.

Let the rep flow in...

Lol, I figured that people would attempt to use it for that. Was hoping not... if mods can actually DISABLE my rep on this(I've seen it done in their posts) it would be appreciated! This isn't for rep, this is soully for people to know that this "community" can seriously be looked at like it should be!

Edited by STARTairsoft780

Don't know what this picture has to do with anything i'm about to post but here it is anyways... and no scottlcpdyoung it wasn't, i'm talking about my photo....

jbva6.gif

Computers will always go further in gaming then the xbox or the ps3 or even the game cube (Dont think they even make that anymore) 

I don't think computer gaming will ever die, because once you get a pretty good computer it last for years to come with out updating. I was reading a arictal that gaming systems like the xbox and PS, are considered out of date after 4 months, compared to computers 

WOO COMPUTERS ROCK!!! MERICA YA, TACOS YA, LCPDFR YA, THAT GUY YA!

Edited by Darkangel

[u]​Click that spoiler you will not be disappointed!![/u]

[spoiler]http://www.choose.yudia.net/rickroll.swf

You've been Rick Rolled[/spoiler]

We have an average registration rate between 150-200 a day, that's 200 new people every single day. It's incredible that the community is as strong and large as it is.

I agree completely. We're growing very fast. We also seem to be creeping up on GPM in total members. Not to make it a competition or anything, but we have 62317 members, they have 63,488. We're not far behind, and I think that says something.

i joined up in sept 2010 but wasnt able to actually play or was active on this site untill about feb of 2012 because of a crappy pc but upgraded it and this site has grown bigger and bigger at a fast rate ever since and i love this site all the modders and script makers as well as the information....i did alot of research prior to downloading lcpdfr i play this more then any of my other games on the ps3

it's amazing to be a part of such a lively and supportive community! There is definitely something special here that not many websites have!

[color=#0000ff]Tester for Braveheart's Polciing Script & Abraxas: [/color][color=#0000ff] [/color]Abraxas's Mods Policing Script [u][color=#ee82ee]GTACore[/color][/u]: http://www.gtacore.com/index.php?app=referrals&reff=35 [img]http://i50.tinypic.com/xogwsz.gif[/img] [spoiler] [sharedmedia=downloads:files:2876] [sharedmedia=downloads:files:2430] [sharedmedia=downloads:files:2267] [/spoiler]

it's amazing to be a part of such a lively and supportive community! There is definitely something special here that not many websites have!

Agreed, this is one of the best web communities out there.

I would have to say this. This community is unique. The best and most fantastic community I have ever seen.... I joined in late 2011 and ever since then it made me realize something.... And it is the passion to be a law enforcement officer and the passion to do vehicle models like I do now. What I really enjoy about being here is to be able to make friends from all over the world to go online and play multiplayer with them... And to bring a whole new experience to GTA IV itself. This community has been part of my daily life ever since.... Whether I am with my PC or not, whether I am overseas or not, LCPDFR follows me be it on my mobile phone or laptop. I come on here everyday feeling proud to be in this community, a community with endless fun and nonsense.... A community with people you can have fun with... A community that allows you to widen your circle of friends.... I for one is no from the States but know people from the states through this is amazing.... It brings you a whole new experience. I appreciate this community a lot... With the constant help everyone gets....

If Sam Didn't make this and if NicolaiB didn't make videos of it I would have never been here or would have never been on YouTube every single day. Kudos to the development team and the community team. I really appreciate the team behind this. the community is the reason why i am online every day.... This community is just awesome!!!!!

LASTLY, the hospitality here is amazing.... It makes me feel right at home knowing that people would help if someone is in need and that there are people willing to do stuff and share it free.... The community is just the place I wanna be. Because I know that I am not the only one here with the passion to be part of law enforcement.

Edited by ASTTrprDillon95

I love you guys  :sweat:

I think....I think I just shed a tear  :teehee:

My Mods: [color=#b22222]Speed Radar Script[/color][color=#b22222],[/color] [color=#daa520]POE[/color][color=#daa520], [/color][color=#0000ff]LicenseAnalyzer[/color]

4A02 at Mounties Gaming, Avid Modder / Script Writer, Problem Solver, and an awesome person :)

One thing that still kind of freaks me out is that I can go on IRC and get live help with scripting from people across an ocean. That's just...awesome.

Not a day goes by without me checking this website. It has become a part of my life, really. I've been part of this amazing community since 2011 and it has come a long way since. It's heartwarming to see people help eachother out, uploading mods completely free, staff members who dedicate huge parts of their free time keeping this community alive at no cost whatsoever,...This community proves to me that there is still good in humanity despite the horrific acts men are capable of as I have witnessed myself. Not in a million years would I have guessed there were so many other like-minded people out there. It certainly made me more resolved in achieving my lifelong dream of becoming a law enforcement officer.

Edited by kjel0112

Not a day goes by without me checking this website. It has become a part of my life, really. I've been part of this amazing community since 2011 and it has come a long way since. It's heartwarming to see people help eachother out, uploading mods completely free, staff members who dedicate huge parts of their free time keeping this community alive at no cost whatsoever,...This community proves to me that there is still good in humanity despite the horrific acts men are capable of as I have witnessed myself. Not in a million years would I have guessed their were so many other like-minded people out there. It certainly made me more resolved in achieving my lifelong dream of becoming a law enforcement officer.

Just like I said lol... This community is absolutely awesome that is why I upload models.... And I know those models are in some what good hands

As one of the recently new 200 a day members, I'd just like to say LCPDFR is an awesome mod and this is a great looking site, its refreshing to see a helpful community as opposed to the many attitude filled ones about these days, I'm new to LCPDFR but not to modding communities as i've been modding Truck sims and Farming Sims for a number of years and i'm also an Admin at a Truck sim forum.

Loved the topic about the closing of the Support topics and the members saying "Hey don't do that we want to help" like i said refreshing.

I've been close to asking a few noobish questions over the last few days but thankfully managed to find the answers i needed by using the search function and some perseverance.

Anyway hopefully i will be able to contribute something to the community one day but for now i'm just gonna enjoy cleaning up the streets of LC

The best part is that it all came from one guy with a dream to play as a cop in GTA IV. What started as a simple mod mainly for personal use turned into one of the biggest modding communities to date. Not only should we be thanking everyone in the community who provide us with the amazing mods and support for the simplest problems, or the community team who try to keep the site neat and clean; we should be thanking the two most important people of all - Sam and . Both of them take a large chunk of their personal life out in order to make lcpdfr.com the best damn forum on the internet and LCPDFR the best GTA IV mod out there.

"Work and ideas get stolen, then you keep moving on doing your thing."

I never really imagined any of this would actually happen.  Creating something as big as this was never planned or intended, I just wanted to play as a cop in GTA, and with the help of my really weak programming knowledge and the .NET scripthook began working on it.  It was really bad, it was buggy, it was horribly coded, it only did a few things, but it was still somewhat revolutionary.  Just being able to call for a backup car, despite how terribly coded that feature was, was a complete game-changer in itself.  Sure, you could get the police uniform, use police-like weapons, drive cruisers and do vigilante side missions, but to take it one step further and actually give the player the ability to call backup was, in my opinion, the defining feature of this mod at the time, and one of the most significant developments as far as police car/ped/script modding goes.  SA-MP had undoubtedly put police car modding in GTA on the map in a big way as you could go on-line, join a roleplay or cops and robbers server, and be whatever sort of cop you wanted to be.  You had the super-realistic on some of the bigger roleplay servers and the plain crazy on CrazyBob's and it was this sort of thing that really got people modding their police cars, and spawned things like GPM, with BxBugs leading the way.  GTA IV didn't have this though, the most you could do was the Cops and Crooks multiplayer mode, which sucked.  There were a few vigilante missions and chases and that was it.  I really doubt that without something special to get the ball rolling, police car modding would have been nearly as big as it is today, and that, I think, is where LCPDFR came in.  It, for the first time ever, let you play as a cop, however you wanted to play, in single player.

Obviously, it became quite clear that the mod was taking off and around that time, I set up the first version of the LCPDFR website, hosted on, believe it or not, my uncle's shared hosting account at xgweb.co.uk/cops (maybe someone has a picture of it?!)  At that point in time though, the website was simply that: a website.  It was pretty crappy, using some horrid HTML template I found and just contained a bunch of static pages which sucked.  Even still, things kept on growing, and then sometime in late 2009, Jay and I met in school and became pretty good friends, I showed him it, and he set up the next version of the site which used Drupal and had user accounts and a shoutbox, etc. with the GTA IV skyline background that some of you might remember.  It was fine, but still pretty boring I suppose, so at some point in 2010, we moved to Invision Power Board, and introduced a forum for the first time.  For the first year or so, the forum wasn't really the most active place in the world and the most used part of it was easily the downloads section to download LCPDFR (there wasn't really anything else to download, lol).

Everything changed, however, shortly after the summer of 2011.  GPM had, until that point, been the place to go for everything police/fire/EMS modding related.  It had some of the best modders around, like Lt.Caine and Bxbugs, some amazing texture artists like FOwner and gfxle and a bunch of guys from GTA SA like Boo, Matthias and 05Bowtie.  At the time, I was also on GPM, with Caine and Bugs as the deputy directors of the site, with Caine and myself playing a large part in the actual day-to-day management of the site.  It was, as you all will probably remember, the golden era of GPM and of our modding community in general, with all of the top authors in one place, with the largest member base.  Anyway, one week I went to Paris to see some of my family who had moved there, and when I was checking up on things at GPM, I noticed AlecDurbin had been up to no good, provoking and abusing members like normal.  I was pretty annoyed with him (and the French summer heatwave didn't help matters either), so I issued him a pretty stern warning, and he basically came back at me, in public, saying I would have to ban him if I wanted him to stop.  He got his wish. A few hours later, I see his ban was no longer in the database, so I simply re-applied it, and then another few hours later its gone again.  I couldn't really be bothered checking it out, so I just banned him again, and then bam, I get banned myself - it seemed as though daedaelus and Mike Garber (as they call themselves), along with a few others, hadn't taken too kindly to me enforcing the rules against Alec, and were all pretty pissed at me.  I told them to piss off, then I got accused of stealing Lt.Caine's ERP SA-MP script (obviously I did no such thing), and banned.

At first, it was hard to tell what direction things were going in.  I was in Paris and had to wait a few days before actually looking into the whole situation that was going on.  It seemed I wasn't the only one that was fed up with the politics over at GPM though and slowly but surely, more and more people started to leave, such as Lt.Caine, their public relations director and some of their other staff.  Jay and I decided that perhaps it was time to offer an alternative to GPM, so we did just that, opening up our downloads section to everybody and promoting it.  This was the start of LCPDFR.com as you know it today, and the rest, as they say. is history.  Our site grew massively, to the point where we completely and undeniably overtook GPM as the largest site of its kind and grew into what you see before you.

Regardless of the weird journey this site has had, it has been an amazing ride, and I'm just so happy that everybody seems to like it as much as we all do.  I've done my very best to make us unique, friendly and different.  The staff team are putting in enormous amounts of efforts (NicolaiB has sent more than 50 personal messages this week alone as part of his work) and we're all just hopeful that this astonishing growth will continue.  100,000 members anyone?

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

I remember that time. That was right around the first public prereleases of .95, right?