Sam

A note regarding our account policy (RMC note), harassment and deception

Unfortunately there's been a considerable increase in the amount of stupidity on the forums recently, and we have a few examples and reminders that need to be shared.

Firstly, multiple accounts aren't allowed on LCPDFR.com, we like it when everyone has one account, that way we know who you are, everybody else knows who you are and it makes it so much easier on everybody.  Please don't create new accounts if you don't like your name or anything like that.  You can change your name under your profile, and you can change everything else like e-mail address, avatar and signature too.  If you have a legitimate reason for needing a new account, you can simply contact us and we'll be happy to assist you with it.  Similarly, if you do have multiple accounts just now, please contact us as well and we'll merge them for you, keeping whatever profile/name you want.  We will be hunting down people who violate our single account policy as it actually causes a lot of problems, much more than you might think.  If you are actively using more than one account, the chances are that we will find out and you will be penalised for it, so it's not worth it - message us and we'll sort it out instead.

To shine light on the problems that multiple accounts create, the recent Emergency Safety Systems topic by RMC is a brilliant example:

vYsqb00.jpg

As you can see it gets to the point where the topic needs to be locked and hidden because people started to question whether or not it was actually real and very quickly it reaches a point where it needs to be locked.

This relates to our account policy, as the user RMC might be better known by the name of one of his other accounts, ANTI, and now by his current account name as Influenza (which is now permanently banned for multiple violations of our account policy, as well as trying to obstruct our staff).  In fact, ANTI had previously claimed to have created a fire department simulation mod for GTA IV, which was eventually found to be deception as well.

The second thing to highlight is that we just don't put up with abusive messages being sent as PMs.  When you get a new message on the site, you don't expect it to be a repetitive succession of profanity directed towards you, and we don't expect that from anyone either, quite the opposite actually.  If you send messages which are plainly abusive in nature, the member you are messaging will simply pass it on to us (it takes one click of the report button), and you'll most likely get banned for it.

We try to be relaxed and approachable when it comes to community moderation, and from the general response we get it feels like we're doing a really good job at that.  Still, that does not mean we will put up with any of this childish garbage (and that's exactly what it is) and we'll simply ban people that disregard our community guidelines like this.

We accept that as this site grows and diversifies, the type of people who use it changes, the amount of them increases and there are more disagreements over things because not everyone is here as a fan of one mod (like they used to be in 2010).  While we accept that, and welcome it, we're not going to let it affect the thousands of dedicated members here, and we will do what it takes to enforce that.  

Sam.

Clipboard03_zps572a06ef.jpg

Hey guys, 

I decided to create this PM so you guys (the testing team) and I can keep in touch with each other and discuss things that need to be discussed as a group.

Since I am going to continue with 3D vehicle modeling and my laptop is starting to struggle with running IV, I figured some of you guys can help.

I have a few roles for you guys...

Beckugan1 - Mainly in charge of producing videos of mods, and beta testing.

Nutt - Mainly in charge for providing screenshots (yes, we know your ENB is amazing :D) of mods, and beta testing.

Spitfire7 - Mainly in charge of providing real life examples and realism into lighting patterns on vehicles, and ESS, and beta testing.

visible25 - Mainly in charge of making videos of mods, and beta testing.

Keep in mind guys, FEEL FREE to do anything else I have not mentioned! Like if you want to also take screens, or produce videos, or anything else, by all means go ahead! This is just showing what the minimum requirements are for testing from each member. But keep in mind that I will only use specific things official. I.e. Nutt's screens will be official.

Hopefully we can be more organized this way.

Other Notes:

ESS v1 is not going to have a beta, but ESS v2 will, so keep that in mind.

v1 is being released on or before the 28th.

The ESS thread will be unlocked after v1 is released.

Flowchart of mods and release dates for the upcoming month until the end of March (expect:

ESS v1 - 2/28/13

2008 LAPD Toyota Tacoma (ESS) BETA - 3/7/13

ESS v2 BETA (exclusive to the testing team) - 3/15/13

ESS v2 FINAL - 3/25/13

2002 CHP Chevrolet Camaro BETA  - 3/29/13

So for example...

For the 2008 LAPD Toyota Tacoma, I would post the private download link to it in this PM on the 7th of March.

All you guys would test it and do whatever tasks I listed above. (plus the ones you want to do.)

Once you guys see through that its a mod ready for release, I'll release it.

By the way, if something happens and you can't test one of the days don't worry, life is more important than a game. Don't think I will "boot" you out my testing team, I don't do those kinds of things.

Thanks alot guys!

If you have questions feel free to ask.

I'm not shocked or jaded... I still have faith in people around here and the world. Life goes on... :)

I tried changing my email but it says "already in use" or something similar even though its not :S Just wondering if everything is working? :)

Keep in mind that we'll not sanction you if you contact us and ask us to merge your accounts, this won't be the case if we discover your accounts, then they will be merged and sanctioned, it's better to come to us than waiting for us to come to you.

As Sam said, we won't tolerate abuse and harassment towards us and other members, report it to us straight away if you see it or you happen to be on the receiving end and we will deal with it, don't respond to it.

A small percentage of our users will go a long way to get attention and popularity on here, RMC being a prime example. It WILL come back to haunt you if you do so, consider this if you even as much as think about doing so.

LOL i knew it was anti all along

i kinda of feel bad for the people who actually believed him at first

but now looking back on some of comments made aganist people who saw the reality of what he was doing i dont feel sorry anymore.

he'll just keep making new accounts under proxies and keep trolling and saying that he's making some new absurd mod that hasnt been done before

but now looking back on some of comments made aganist people who saw the reality of what he was doing i dont feel sorry anymore.

he'll just keep making new accounts under proxies and keep trolling and saying that he's making some new absurd mod that hasnt been done before

Agreed.

Keep in mind that we'll not sanction you if you contact us and ask us to merge your accounts, this won't be the..

Is it alright for me to PM you about the issue I mentioned because I dont want to hijack this thread :)

Wow, just wow man, what a lowlife and sneaky to do. This is a good example of abusing the internet and taking advantage of a nice community.

Edited by MoonShine

Meh, eventually we'll catch on.  We can't stop people from using proxies but we can catch them in the act of spewing bullshit.  And if you suspect or know it's him, why not tell us?

Unfortunately, when forums grow bigger, there's more members. When there's more members, there's more immature members, increasing the amount of rule breaking in the forum.

It's a shame people do that, but there's always going to be people who enjoy causing trouble, and like to ruin good things for others. Another good example would be the people ripping Kevin's models, and previously, EVI.

Edited by Original Light

Does this mean that the ESS project was a shod just like the firefighter mod?

Probably, I think its easy enough to tell that the screenshot was just an ELS car with the extras enabled using a Trainer - as far as Caine, LMS and myself are aware, it's just not possible to toggle the extras without repairing the car.  Obviously he had actually done something with the light coronas, and I know that he was asking for help in the ScriptHook DotNet IRC channel so there might be some other substance to the code, just not the extras stuff.

Unfortunately, when forums grow bigger, there's more members. When there's more members, there's more immature members, increasing the amount of rule breaking in the forum.

It's a shame people do that, but there's always going to be people who enjoy causing trouble, and like to ruin good things for others. Another good example would be the people ripping Kevin's models, and previously, EVI.

I'm not aware of anyone ripping Kevin's models?

Probably, I think its easy enough to tell that the screenshot was just an ELS car with the extras enabled using a Trainer - as far as Caine, LMS and myself are aware, it's just not possible to toggle the extras without repairing the car.  Obviously he had actually done something with the light coronas, and I know that he was asking for help in the ScriptHook DotNet IRC channel so there might be some other substance to the code, just not the extras stuff.

Yeah, I thought as much. As for the other screenshot, it looked to be just non-els.

Yeah, I thought as much. As for the other screenshot, it looked to be just non-els.

That screenshot is legitimate actually, they genuinely are scripted in lights.

Example:

2zhf54H.jpg

Not default lights, but scripted (by me - spoiler alert!)

Meh, eventually we'll catch on.  We can't stop people from using proxies but we can catch them in the act of spewing bullshit.  And if you suspect or know it's him, why not tell us?

i suspected it was him but i didnt want to go out and wrongfully accuse someone of something when i had no proof

but at first glance as soon as he delayed the mod i knew it was him, and i was thought you guys would of ip matched him by now

but i also forgot about proxies since it's been a while since i've even used one.

but i did have someone pm right after his thread was closed saying it was anti, i could foward the pm to you

it had some interesting points in it

i suspected it was him but i didnt want to go out and wrongfully accuse someone of something when i had no proof

but at first glance as soon as he delayed the mod i knew it was him, and i was thought you guys would of ip matched him by now

but i also forgot about proxies since it's been a while since i've even used one.

but i did have someone pm right after his thread was closed saying it was anti, i could foward the pm to you

it had some interesting points in it

Go ahead.

I think everybody could be a tad more mature about this, including staff members. I'm not defending RMC here, but I don't see a reason to make a public announcement and purposely ridicule him. It's quite immature and unprofessional. If you needed to make a notice about people making multiple accounts or anything else listed in this topic, it could have been done without mentioning the incident. The staff are supposed to impartial - you're really not supposed to draw negative attention towards anybody.

This thread shouldn't be about how awful a person is or what they've done and how they've been punished but rather about the official message about having multiple accounts and anything else covered. If you lot want to gossip about somebody, perhaps think about doing elsewhere? 

Personally, I'd like to see staff remain impartial and professional and not get personally involved in affairs that require a more business like approach. Either stop the gossip on threads that should be PSAs or make another thread to chit chat about whoever and whatever RMC did.

/rant

I think everybody could be a tad more mature about this, including staff members. I'm not defending RMC here, but I don't see a reason to make a public announcement and purposely ridicule him. It's quite immature and unprofessional. If you needed to make a notice about people making multiple accounts or anything else listed in this topic, it could have been done without mentioning the incident. The staff are supposed to impartial - you're really not supposed to draw negative attention towards anybody.

To be fair, he did conn a lot of people twice now and it's probably better people know rather than be left in the dark and continue to wait. I think this announcement isn't really about RMC/Anti, more a reminder on the policies in light of the recent example. 

This thread shouldn't be about how awful a person is or what they've done and how they've been punished but rather about the official message about having multiple accounts and anything else covered. If you lot want to gossip about somebody, perhaps think about doing elsewhere? 

Personally, I'd like to see staff remain impartial and professional and not get personally involved in affairs that require a more business like approach. Either stop the gossip on threads that should be PSAs or make another thread to chit chat about whoever and whatever RMC did.

/rant

I'm sure that a lot of people would want to know why the topic was hidden and why he was banned, given the popularity of what he was claiming to have made, which is why he was used as an example.  We want people to know that we're not going to put up with that stuff, and sometimes its easier to get that point across by actually showing an example of it.  For the record I never said that he was lying or deceiving anyone, but that he was evading a previous ban and violating our account policy.

Sure, I could make a generic announcement about our account policy, but only a small number of people would actually read it, or care about it, or even believe it.  It would be like a news agency covering some economic policy change in China on 9/11 - it simply doesn't matter.  At least this way we get our point across, our members find out what happened to RMC, and we show that we actually care about the community and are always working to make it better.  

On that note, we're not declaring open season on him or going to let people go down the abuse road, although I don't really think what's been said so far is abusive - it's just people expressing their disappointment and how they feel about him based on what has come to light.

As far as being business like goes, I don't like being like that as it just isn't me.  I try to do my best to be quite open and welcoming and approachable about things and I know that a lot of people appreciate that.  I do my best to reply to the PMs I get, I don't ignore things like your post and I just generally try to make this place special and unique, and maybe things like this are why it is.  For me, the business approach just feels like 'We don't give a damn about your opinion/feeling/thoughts, but we'll post this generic and boring message to go with them".

I have to admit not knowing who he was his story sounded like it could be true until I made some calls and found out it did not happen, sad that that's what this world has become

not really getting into that thread talked about here, but here is some food for thought for all of you

a lot of times people get an idea and make a thread they are working on something. usually they have no idea how to achieve it or  if they do, the skills needed far exceed their skills. so the project never gets anywhere.

what you need to consider before posting "omg cool awesome cant wait you rock blah blah kissup some more" and going on a crusade to silence all those not worshipping the idea poster, is that both sides of extreme views just fuel conflict.. it is no different than the epidemic of people rating before trying or unfairly rating (either 1 or 10 or whatever the top and low ends of the particular scale is). because keep in mind if you rate a 1, somebody else will rate a 10 just to counter your vote. none are a true refletion of the real quality of the thing being voted on.

on other sites, things have gone as far as the releaser asking people to up vote as to counter the bad (and often deserved) votes..

so things to consider when somebody comes up with new mods, releases new mods etc. especially ones that claim to be revolutionary.. wait for the substance first, keep the hype down.

its 3am its raining and im dead tired. i hope any of the above makes sense