Sam

2012 LCPDFR Christmas Community Contest

[banner]i.imgur.com/wHlFz.jpg[/banner]

2012 Christmas Community Contest

As the festive season is here and whatnot, we decided it would be a good idea to try something new in regards to some sort of contest.  A few years ago back on GPM, a few of the staff here and myself ran something fairly similar and it was quite popular.  Seeing as LCPDFR.com is now the biggest modding site out there, it seems fairly appropriate that we hold some sort of competition where all of our members will be able to submit their vehicle models, textures, player/ped mods and scripts to be judged by the LCPDFR Community Team.  We will most likely reveal the winners shortly before the new year.

Contest Categories

Vehicle Models

Any vehicle models which you've made may be submitted in this category.  To be eligible, your model must be fully compliant with our normal downloads rules, and you must have had substantial involvement with the creation of the vehicle (more than just moving around things or putting a lightbar on something).

Vehicle Textures

We're also accepting submissions of vehicle textures for this second category.  All submissions must be your own work and adhere to our normal rules.

Player & Ped Mods

If you're good at making player/ped mods, you can submit them to this third category.  Again, you need to have had substantial involvement with the creation of the mod, and it has to comply with our normal rules.

Script Mods

Finally, we're also accepting submissions of script modifications.  This has to be your own work and again, all normal rules apply.

Contest Rules

In addition to the rules stated above for the categories, the following rules apply:

• All submissions must be unlocked/open-source (obviously this is so we can judge them more effectively, they do not need to be released like this)
  • Plagiarism or any other forms of cheating will result in sanctions being imposed on your account and disqualification.
  • All submissions must have some sort of Christmas/new year theme to them.  It's up to you how you want to achieve this.
  • Submissions must be created exclusively for the contest - you cannot submit previously released work.
  • You can only submit one contest entry.

Judging Process

Your submissions will be judged by select members the LCPDFR Community Team and Development Team.  All submissions will be rated out of 10, the one with the highest rating in each category will win.

Submission Deadline

The deadline for submissions is December 24th, 2012.

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded for the first place, second place and third place entry in each category.  We may also award prizes to everyone that participates in the contest.

i1A3T.png 

1st Place: 1x Steam Copy of Defcon

You will be gifted a Steam copy of the award winning game Defcon by Introversion Software.  (See: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RSZM_T7JgM).

In addition to this, you'll get to team up with the other 1st place winners, facing off against members of the LCPDFR Community and Development teams.

(You get the other two prizes as well and needless to say, you must have a Steam account to be eligible)

2nd Place: LCPDFR Community Award

You'll get a LCPDFR Community Award badge added to your profile.

(You get the third-place prize as well)

3rd Place: 15 Reputation Points

Your profile will have 15 reputation points added to it.

Submission Guide

To submit a contest entry, upload it to the relevant category inside the Christmas Contest section, just like any other mod.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/category/35-christmas-contest/

As far as submitting the models unlocked so that they can be judged by the staff, will the rest of the community be able to download from the Christmas Contest Section? 

No.  When the mods are submitted they are automatically hidden to everyone but staff.

about the christmas/new years theme, what exactly would qualify as that for the vehicle category?

also can the deadline be extended to new years eve, one week to make something is a pretty short time

Edited by gtapolicetrucker

Regarding vehicle texture. Can we upload it with the model or do you only need/want the texture file?

Upload it with the model or a link to the model.

about the christmas/new years theme, what exactly would qualify as that for the vehicle category?

also can the deadline be extended to new years eve, one week to make something is a pretty short time

That's for you to figure out really, it has to have some relevance though.  Christmas themed paintjob, trees, lights, etc.

The model submitted, does it have to be a model that will be released publically at some point? Or can my team release a vehicle that is being worked on for our online roleplaying stuff? 

Also, can we release it as a time or would we need to designate credit to one person? 

I've got a strange feeling you aren't allowed to just load a car with ELS lights until people start calling it a Christmas tree, right? If so, BxBugs already won the competition.

he would of won like three years ago, and still be reining supreme, lol

but no it says in the guidelines no simple edits and you must atleast be a signifacant part of the model to enter i think

dose it have to be a new car? or can I submit on I've allready uploaded 

edit: dose it all so have to be a police car

Edited by 00Stevo

Hehehe... I still have a skinpack I haven't released. :D

BTW. Do we have to upload individual skins or skinpacks are allowed?

Edited by Yard1

The model submitted, does it have to be a model that will be released publically at some point? Or can my team release a vehicle that is being worked on for our online roleplaying stuff? 

Also, can we release it as a time or would we need to designate credit to one person? 

After the competition, all the models submitted will be made publicly available (although you can lock them/remove source code at that point).

It has to be submitted by a person, not a team.

Pretty wide ambit of submission guidelines, hope you guys don't get overwhelmed by entries. 

I've got a strange feeling you aren't allowed to just load a car with ELS lights until people start calling it a Christmas tree, right? If so, BxBugs already won the competition.

If you modeled the lights yourself or UV mapped or otherwise made some significant alteration to the parts of the vehicle it would be fine.  It would need to look more like a Christmas tree than a police car though.

Just my opinion, but i would love to see what EVI can bring to the table as far as a christmas tree car, he has tons of light's and alot of the light's on here are his anyway.

Submitted my  car  texture :thumbsup:

I gots a quick question I saw deadline was Dec 24th ( already submitted as stated above ) and was wonder due to Holidays I guess judging would be on hold from Dec24th to Dec 26th

So when would we find outt how we did / when would the actually judging happen  ?

Edited by K-9 police 9

I have two question, do the skin to present to the contest need to be unreleased or can be uploaded an already released skin? (I've been pretty busied the past days but I want to submit a design I had already released.