foggydewhurst

Who else likes to do foot patrols?

Sometimes I love just parking the car up and going for a stroll around the block or neighbourhood saying hi to passer bys and keeping an eye out for muggers and car thieves.

Anyone else?

wtf, i posted this in general.. thought i did anyway, sorry mod! 

yeah! i'm learning basics of c# at the moment but hoping in a couple of month or so i'll be able to do callouts, as it's something i've always wanted to do. some foot beat callouts.

that's my favourite place to do foot patrols btw on vespucci beach! and also around blocks in vinewood and other shopping areas. with LSPDFR Comes Alive you get ambient muggins and car thieves etc so 

hey man, I can't wait for them foot beat callouts, it would open up a whole new side of LSPD:FR.

Are those lively world mods on gta5mods any good and compatible with lspdfr? I see they activate some ambient events.

Posted (edited)

i have come across some of my funniest experiences in game when foot patrolling. The random world events incorporated into the game with the proper role play make for some A+ moments 😂

Edited by Kazzanski

I also enjoy foot pursuits.  Rockstar put a lot of small details into the game, the map, the NPCs, and other such details you only really notice once you get out of vehicles and take your time.  I enjoy roleplaying like this, and when I patrol as BCSO in my community, I like to use the script to sit down, and sip on coffee, until someone comes to the Sheriff's Office, or speeds by, in which case I rush into my cruiser.  But while I sit there, NPCs walk by, say the silliest things.  In the city, of Los Santos or Paleto Bay, there are even more details, such as doors you would have never thought openable, animals, rangers, lifeguards, schedules.  

For instance, one detail is that tractors rake the sand at night on the Del Perro Beach, and life guards drive around in their yellow grangers, and red ATVs.  ^.^  

On 11/23/2018 at 3:35 PM, Giordano said:

I've yet to do a foot patrol.  I really should, especially on the beach.  Kinda wish we had food patrol based callouts for petty things.

Gotta step up your proactive police game then 😛

6 minutes ago, Denny said:

Gotta step up your proactive police game then 😛

By 'proactive police game', do you mean finding stupid reason to stop bikini clad chicks? 😄

Can’t say I’ve ever even had a thought of doing a foot patrol. But if you release some callouts I might?

I personally enjoy a middle ground and like to engage in Bicycle Patrol around the Del Perro beach area!

World of Variety includes a police bicycle or you can just use the black mountain-bike. EUP also includes Bicycle Patrol uniforms which is neat.

The cool thing about a cycle patrol is you can respond to incidents a bit further away than on foot but it's still slower like a foot patrol, but we're definitely in need of some small scale incidents just as robbery, drunkenness or even a medical emergency.

Hopefully the new dynamic world systems coming in the next LSPDFR update will help make foot patrols come alive more!

Same here, I like to start off slow. Especially when making a video. Like do foot patrol, then bike patrol on beach, then traffic enforcement, then regular patrol, etc. Like work your way up to the more specialized and crazy stuff.