Gurkdjur

New Update for GTA Online

Hey, I just the whole evening yesterday modding my game and when I logged in today there has been an update for GTA, which has broken my game... Im sure this question gets asked a lot but I could'nt find it: Is there any way to revert? Or how do long do you think it will take untill RageHook is updated? At Update/x64/dlcpacks/ there is actually an update called "mpjanuary2016". Will it work if I remove this folder and disable auto updating on steam? 

Thanks! Also, is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future? 

Ragehook asks you if you want to back up your game so it can use the backed-up files to run the game instead of the current version until the plugin is outdated.

If you were using Ragehook, you should have done this back-up.

If you were not, no luck. But Google the question and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials on how to back up your files.

18 minutes ago, Hystery said:

Ragehook asks you if you want to back up your game so it can use the backed-up files to run the game instead of the current version until the plugin is outdated.

If you were using Ragehook, you should have done this back-up.

If you were not, no luck. But Google the question and I'm sure you'll find plenty of tutorials on how to back up your files.

I always check this but I think I might not have done it the last time because of to little disk space. Also, if I did it, do you know where the backup is located?

I dont choose to install backup cuz its my first time using this, what should i do to launch ragehook or should i wait til ragehook released new updates?

Here is the twitter link https://twitter.com/RAGEPluginHook  for people to follow the status on updates for RagePluginHook

Nobody but the developer knows when the updated version will be released, but usually it gets posted on there as soon as it does..

45 minutes ago, nobito1988 said:

I dont choose to install backup cuz its my first time using this, what should i do to launch ragehook or should i wait til ragehook released new updates?

You will have to wait, but you can go here to read about how to do this in the future when GTAV updates again

If you made backup copies of  GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and the Update.rpf files you can revert your game version back to the previous version and continue to play until RagePluginHook updates. Without those 3 files backed up somewhere like a backup folder on your desktop or something, then you are SOL until an RPH updated version is released... Personally I use this time to go watch movies or do something else.. Also if you use ScriptHookV , you will have to wait for that to be updated as well..

Edited by Kal74

3 hours ago, Gurkdjur said:

Hey, I just the whole evening yesterday modding my game and when I logged in today there has been an update for GTA, which has broken my game... Im sure this question gets asked a lot but I could'nt find it: Is there any way to revert? Or how do long do you think it will take untill RageHook is updated? At Update/x64/dlcpacks/ there is actually an update called "mpjanuary2016". Will it work if I remove this folder and disable auto updating on steam? 

Thanks! Also, is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future? 

like others have said read luke d how to tutorial to avoid it happening again but if u didnt back up the updated rph should be out by tom afternoon at the latest sripthook v is usually done by the next am followed by rph in the pm is how the last couple updates have gone 

44 minutes ago, Kilyin said:

Dunno what you guys are doing, but I just restored a backup and it works fine. Just need the GTA5.exe and update.rpf.

When I want to revert my game version via RPH, it doesn't doanything, it only loads, and then goes back to the newest version. It doesn't crash.

1 hour ago, OfficerSunsetShimmer said:

I've backed up my stuff and tried reverting to 573 but it crashes on loading.

1 hour ago, M3Stang said:

Maybe a forced ragehook update will finally fix my crashes. Yay!

Don't count on it.. I didn't have any issues with RPH 34

4 hours ago, Kal74 said:

Here is the twitter link https://twitter.com/RAGEPluginHook  for people to follow the status on updates for RagePluginHook

Nobody but the developer knows when the updated version will be released, but usually it gets posted on there as soon as it does..

You will have to wait, but you can go here to read about how to do this in the future when GTAV updates again

If you made backup copies of  GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and the Update.rpf files you can revert your game version back to the previous version and continue to play until RagePluginHook updates. Without those 3 files backed up somewhere like a backup folder on your desktop or something, then you are SOL until an RPH updated version is released... Personally I use this time to go watch movies or do something else.. Also if you use ScriptHookV , you will have to wait for that to be updated as well..

I did a backup of my entire GTA V folder mods and all. In theory, can I just transfer this backup to my GTA V directory? 

LOL... I did a Backup .  RPH asked: "Should we revent the backup?" (revent?) and after this nothing works... "Not supported game version"...

I have a back up of 1.0573.1 but he did not activate it.

Edited by JasonBellic

Is why I always back up and keep full backups of the game plus using the rage back up feature. In future for those who use the dvd version and don't play online when you need to verify simply plug in your wifi usb or ethernet cable and load gta launcher then sign in letting it validate. Then when it jumps to the update screen download simply disconnect your net quickly then hit cancel. Now launch rage. Do that everytime it wants to validate to buy yourself time for lspdfr if you don't want to do the revert game method in rage. Only thing is if you connect online at any point while playing it'll do the update. One of several ways to keep a game going until Rage is updated.

12 minutes ago, Azteco said:

Is why I always back up and keep full backups of the game plus using the rage back up feature. In future for those who use the dvd version and don't play online when you need to verify simply plug in your wifi usb or ethernet cable and load gta launcher then sign in letting it validate. Then when it jumps to the update screen download simply disconnect your net quickly then hit cancel. Now launch rage. Do that everytime it wants to validate to buy yourself time for lspdfr if you don't want to do the revert game method in rage. Only thing is if you connect online at any point while playing it'll do the update. One of several ways to keep a game going until Rage is updated.

I have a back up in Rage. But he dont want revent my backup?

Well if the Rage doesn't work and you have made a back-up using Rage; just go to the directory where the backup is stored (for me it's the game directory); you can force open the GameBackups.rph with Winrar or something; there are some files inside with the patch number (for me the new from today and 573.1. Open it and inside you have all the 3 files required for the game to work, just extract those and viola. 

Hope this helps guys 

Game Dir.PNGGame Dir 2.PNG

Game Dir 3.PNG

Edited by Baja002