RayDaBeast

Police Officer Shootout (Body-Cam)

Notice: viewer discretion is advised

Hello!

I just wanted to share this amazing YouTube video that I found not to long ago. It is about two (Texas) cops who find them self's in a shootout around the end of the video.

The video has two side by side videos of the two officers body cam.

I am so glad that none of the officers were hurt that night.

Please comment what you think of the video :)

-Ray

Best Regards,
RayDaBeast
----------
Need to contact me? Click here to email me!

Saw this, the guy was doing a suicide by cop. That gun was only a BB gun. Sucks :/ However, did you see how Sgt. Green pushed the silverware out of the way and watched as the suspect walked by? Pretty good move.

EDIT: Here's the article

Edited by TotalGamer713

Wow, pretty scary stuff! That perp had a clear shot on the second officer, all he had to do was move his arm a little faster :ohmy:

I agree,

I was amazing how fast the police responded outside.

Some wonder why they shot so many shots,  the answer is simple, when your trained to become a cop, they tell you if your ever in this type of situation, your brain will contunie to pull the trigger until your brain feels that you are safe.

Pretty interesting to be honest.

One thing I forgot to mention,

I love it how (@4:30) Sgt.Green moved the knife away from the table.

Pretty good police work to be honest.

Best Regards,
RayDaBeast
----------

Here in Russia the two police officers will be laid off and judged. They don't have the freedom of action than in other countries in Europe or America. Good or bad, but in America a very large number of police killings. But in this case they acted on the situation with attempted murder. So there was no other way.

Sad that it was suicide by cop. This is an example of why we absolutely need body cameras on every police officer. You can clearly see from the video that it was justified, they had no way of knowing it was a pellet gun. In a lot of cases, the testimonies of officers after a shooting is misleading or not the whole truth, or simply their perception of events. If these officers had testified without the video, its very possible that it would have sparked needless public outrage. Compare this case to the case of Tamir Rice, and you can see the difference that video makes. Glad these officers are safe and that they have the video to prove their innocence. It just sucks that the interaction had to end that way,

While the shooting was justified, death could have been prevented if Sergeant Green had either: kept restraining the perp when he was rotated to the right (or left) and then gave the suspect a kick from behind, or just tackled the guy altogether. These officers did what they had to do, but in my opinion, they had the chance to prevent any casualties for all   of the parties involved.

While the shooting was justified, death could have been prevented if Sergeant Green had either: kept restraining the perp when he was rotated to the right (or left) and then gave the suspect a kick from behind, or just tackled the guy altogether. These officers did what they had to do, but in my opinion, they had the chance to prevent any casualties for all   of the parties involved.

Right, but if you were Sgt.Green Im sure you would of protected your life and others buy using (justified) deadly force.

Best Regards,
RayDaBeast
----------

In a lot of cases, the testimonies of officers after a shooting is misleading or not the whole truth

Do you have anything to back that statement up?

So a dude pulls a gun on you and you want to keep trying to restrain him? This isn't the movies or a TV show, they don't just kick the due in the stomach and tackle him and everything is ok. The dude had a gun (later found to be a pellet gun), anyone who pulls a gun on me should expect to be met with another gun. I'm not going to wait for a suspect to get the first shot off before I open fire. It is easy for people to sit at their keyboard and watch a video 20 times and say what they would have done (especially if they have never been in that kind of situation) but when you are out there on the street you make these decisions in fractions of a second. Hesitate or make the wrong decision and you might not make it home that night. Bottom line, the officers met deadly force with deadly force which is how it should be.

People lie (yes, even cops). Sometimes, cops claim that a suspect was reaching for their gun, or claim that the suspect was reaching for a gun of their own. That's not always true. In rare cases, cops plant evidence. Legally speaking, it is beneficial to an officer in a justified shooting to have a video.

Well first off, they should have handcuffed him and searched him because he was a suspect referenced to a theft case to begin with.

You are 100% correct. I think that was the only mistake I saw in this video.

Best Regards,
RayDaBeast
----------

So a dude pulls a gun on you and you want to keep trying to restrain him? This isn't the movies or a TV show, they don't just kick the due in the stomach and tackle him and everything is ok. The dude had a gun (later found to be a pellet gun), anyone who pulls a gun on me should expect to be met with another gun. I'm not going to wait for a suspect to get the first shot off before I open fire. It is easy for people to sit at their keyboard and watch a video 20 times and say what they would have done (especially if they have never been in that kind of situation) but when you are out there on the street you make these decisions in fractions of a second. Hesitate or make the wrong decision and you might not make it home that night. Bottom line, the officers met deadly force with deadly force which is how it should be.

While many of the points in your arguments are based on the straw-man fallacy, I agree with your overall message. If the officers had to shoot, they should shoot. I am just saying that there were other ways to handle the situation.

Love your statement bro :)

Best Regards,
RayDaBeast
----------

There might be bad cops out there that ruin it for the good ones, but these cops did the right thing.  Cops have to make split second decisions, they can't look at things in the future.  People criticize cops way too much and act like they know everything 100% of the time and can prevent every single situation.  They're human.  How many times have you messed up yourself? A lot.  Now try making those decisions in milliseconds.  They had no way of knowing that was a pellet gun.

Join the San Andreas Mounted Police

www.samountedpolice.weebly.com

Well first off, they should have handcuffed him and searched him because he was a suspect referenced to a theft case to begin with.

Not everyone needs to be handcuffed. Sometimes handcuffing a person will result in them not wanting to cooperate because they feel they are already under arrest. Also, they probably didn't want to handcuff him in the bathroom because it is a confined place with not a lot of room to fight if he decided to resist...or pull a pellet gun from his waistband.

People lie (yes, even cops). Sometimes, cops claim that a suspect was reaching for their gun, or claim that the suspect was reaching for a gun of their own. That's not always true. In rare cases, cops plant evidence. Legally speaking, it is beneficial to an officer in a justified shooting to have a video.

Yes I know people lie, but you said "in a lot of cases" as if cops lie most of the time.

While many of the points in your arguments are based on the straw-man fallacy, I agree with your overall message. If the officers had to shoot, they should shoot. I am just saying that there were other ways to handle the situation.

I am just tired of people criticizing an officer's split second decision, especially when that decision was the correct one. I have always said that in the public's eyes no matter what an officer does somebody will always come in and say "well they should have done this" or "I would have done it this way" and 99% of the time it is the people with no actual training or experience in law enforcement that say those things. It just goes to show that the police will always be wrong no matter how they handle the situation. If the officers shot him then people will say they should have used a taser, if they tased him people would say they should have used OC spray, if they used OC spray people will say they should have went hands on, if they went hands on people will say they should have talked the suspect down.

Not everyone needs to be handcuffed. Sometimes handcuffing a person will result in them not wanting to cooperate because they feel they are already under arrest. Also, they probably didn't want to handcuff him in the bathroom because it is a confined place with not a lot of room to fight if he decided to resist...or pull a pellet gun from his waistband.

Yes I know people lie, but you said "in a lot of cases" as if cops lie most of the time.

I am just tired of people criticizing an officer's split second decision, especially when that decision was the correct one. I have always said that in the public's eyes no matter what an officer does somebody will always come in and say "well they should have done this" or "I would have done it this way" and 99% of the time it is the people with no actual training or experience in law enforcement that say those things. It just goes to show that the police will always be wrong no matter how they handle the situation. If the officers shot him then people will say they should have used a taser, if they tased him people would say they should have used OC spray, if they used OC spray people will say they should have went hands on, if they went hands on people will say they should have talked the suspect down.

I disagree, they had plenty of room and there were also two of them. It also doesn't matter if there is no cooperation. Officer safety is priority. Safety before investigation.

"I love you all, and that's why we don't get caught doing naughty things!" - GTA V Heist Dude.

I disagree, they had plenty of room and there were also two of them. It also doesn't matter if there is no cooperation. Officer safety is priority. Safety before investigation.

Have you ever fought with someone in a confined space before? I am willing to bet you have ever had to detain someone who is resisting arrest much less in a confined space. I can tell you from experience that it sucks and that bathroom is not a lot of space at all. What if they had tried detaining him in the bathroom and he pulled the same stunt? You know why that shooting went so well? Because the male officer was able to push the suspect a good enough distance away. If that had happened in that bathroom there would have been a lot less space and a much higher chance of someone other than the suspect getting injured. The way they handled it was textbook procedure and a perfect example of how it should have been handled. These are the kinds of videos they showed us in the police academy and told us to do what they did.

Fine, then have him step outside that bathroom and cuff him. Or at least pat him down. Let me tell you this, if they told him to put his hands on the wall and they were both there, like they were in the video, and he reached for something in his waistband, they could both easily over power him and push him into the wall and prevent that from happening. You don't have to necessarily do it in a bathroom, but take him to a place where had room while maintaining constant eye contact. Right outside the bathroom or even front door would be fine, but I am trained to do it asap.

"I love you all, and that's why we don't get caught doing naughty things!" - GTA V Heist Dude.

Fine, then have him step outside that bathroom and cuff him. Or at least pat him down. Let me tell you this, if they told him to put his hands on the wall and they were both there, like they were in the video, and he reached for something in his waistband, they could both easily over power him and push him into the wall and prevent that from happening. You don't have to necessarily do it in a bathroom, but take him to a place where had room while maintaining constant eye contact. Right outside the bathroom or even front door would be fine, but I am trained to do it asap.

That's even worse. Now, worst case scenario, you're fighting in public with patrons of the restaurant sitting right there.

Me, personally, I never have a suspect put his hands on the wall, and I know a lot of departments starting to train like that. It gives the suspect immense leverage to shove off from and fight, especially in a crowded or confined space where it's easy to fall down or seriously injure yourself.

Besides, I was trained to do any investigation and detention away from the public, as to minimize interference or compromising the public's safety. They were doing exactly that. He was cooperative, following the officer's commands the entire time. He posed no immediate threat to the officers, and was not hostile at all.

Not sure who trained you to "do it asap" but that is bad advice. There are many reasons not to handcuff a suspect immediately, too many for me to list. If he reached for a pistol in his waistband would they have a fast enough reaction to overpower him? It only takes a couple seconds for him to aim and pull the trigger. As Pavelow stated having a suspect put their hands up against the wall is a bad idea and trying to detain someone in a public area (if it can be avoided) is an even worse idea. What if he drew his pistol while they were attempting to detain him right outside the bathroom? Then you would be shooting with lots of innocent people around. You keep saying that all they had to do is overpower him as if that is an easy task, this makes me strongly believe that you have never been involved in fighting someone who is resisting arrest. It isn't easy, even with two people, to detain someone who is fighting for their freedom and this guy was a fairly big dude so he could easily get enough of an upper hand to fire off a few rounds if he wanted too.

Me, personally, I never have a suspect put his hands on the wall, and I know a lot of departments starting to train like that. It gives the suspect immense leverage to shove off from and fight, especially in a crowded or confined space where it's easy to fall down or seriously injure yourself.

I know lots of agencies have gone away from that too. They taught me the same thing in the police academy and for the same reason you just listed. They taught us to never have them put their hands on the wall and even to not lean or press them up against the wall because that gives them something to push off of and gives them more power. If you keep them away from walls/cars/etc, they have nothing to push off of and they are easier to knock over since they have nothing to keep them up.

Not sure who trained you to "do it asap" but that is bad advice. There are many reasons not to handcuff a suspect immediately, too many for me to list. If he reached for a pistol in his waistband would they have a fast enough reaction to overpower him? It only takes a couple seconds for him to aim and pull the trigger. As Pavelow stated having a suspect put their hands up against the wall is a bad idea and trying to detain someone in a public area (if it can be avoided) is an even worse idea. What if he drew his pistol while they were attempting to detain him right outside the bathroom? Then you would be shooting with lots of innocent people around. You keep saying that all they had to do is overpower him as if that is an easy task, this makes me strongly believe that you have never been involved in fighting someone who is resisting arrest. It isn't easy, even with two people, to detain someone who is fighting for their freedom and this guy was a fairly big dude so he could easily get enough of an upper hand to fire off a few rounds if he wanted too.

I know lots of agencies have gone away from that too. They taught me the same thing in the police academy and for the same reason you just listed. They taught us to never have them put their hands on the wall and even to not lean or press them up against the wall because that gives them something to push off of and gives them more power. If you keep them away from walls/cars/etc, they have nothing to push off of and they are easier to knock over since they have nothing to keep them up.

That would literally make no sense if he pulled the weapon while they were detaining him because you go for the hands first. Two cops over powered the man and unless it took these two cops a decade to detain the man, then it's not a bad idea to detain someone in public, It's done all the time. It's not bad advise, and I was trained to do it "ASAP" because of safety before investigation always. Sure, small bathroom, less space, two officers verses one suspect. And officers don't have to go hands either, if he pulled the gun out, they back up and draw as well.

That would literally make no sense if he pulled the weapon while they were detaining him because you go for the hands first. Two cops over powered the man and unless it took these two cops a decade to detain the man, then it's not a bad idea to detain someone in public, It's done all the time. It's not bad advise, and I was trained to do it "ASAP" because of safety before investigation always. Sure, small bathroom, less space, two officers verses one suspect. And officers don't have to go hands either, if he pulled the gun out, they back up and draw as well.

And what would happen when the suspect pulls the gun quicker than the officers and manages to get a few shots off? Now we have injured officers, a suspect at large firing live rounds, and a situation that got out of hand when it really didn't need to.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

You think that he is just going to let them grab his hands? Do you think that once you make a move for someone's hands they are just going to remain still and let you grab them? I don't even know what you are saying in your second sentence. You keep referring to your training, what training have you received and who did you receive it from? Apparently who ever trained you didn't teach you that handcuffing someone isn't always the first priority and it can actually make things worse. Using your logic I should handcuff every person I come in contact if I suspect they committed a crime?