NYPDDetectiveODonnell

creating callouts

MODERATOR NOTICE
As this is not a support request for GTA IV, but a question on how to develop callouts for LCPDFR, I am moving this topic to LCPDFR Development. Please be sure to post in the correct section in the future.

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

The topics in this subforum as well as the information >here should help you getting started. Especially the Git repo is probably worth a shot, as it contains some basic examples.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

Nope no experience at all. I am willing to learn however. 

I want to create a callout where an officer gets a domestic violence call. He arrives at the location  and there's a red blip there you enter it and it takes you straight into the hall way of a apartment facility. After that we go up to the apartment make our way into it to either find two couples fighting, or just shouting slurs at each other. add captions for slurs. If they are not fighting, the officer takes the stories( let the caption show for each peds story,)  From there we can either take one to jail or both.  In another instance, we would arrive at the scene to find the domestic criminal gone, get the description for the victim and go search for him/her.

You need to start from the beginning, without even basic programming skills you won't know what to do and solve the simplest problems.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/

http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial/CSharp/Lesson01

https://msdn.microsoft.com/pl-pl/library/67ef8sbd.aspx

you don't need to know *all* of it. Open one of API Example callout in another browser window and try to understand what every element of the code means while reading those tutorials.

​Haha, slow down there kiddo. With no experience you're going to be lucky to get the red blip to occur on the map.

Having said that, definitely look into learning, it's a very rewarding experience and a ton of fun. Start small and work your way up to bigger and better things. 

Keep us updated, I'd definitely like to hear how it goes.

​:) Hey sisr Yes I have been reading it seems very time consuming. I will get it however. Thanks again for your support.  I will keep you posted.;)