McAwesome6934

Youtube Copyright Question

Okay so for my introduction I use song instrumentals. Some of them have been remixed and re-mastered. I was just wondering if I could get into any trouble (get videos taken down) because when people do covers they still use the instrumentals from songs.

Edited by McAwesome6934

As long as you put something like No Copyright infringement intended or give credit you should be good,

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire & Rescue, Dispatch and Civilian. More information here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR PERMISSIONS ON UNLOCKED PARTS OF MINE THAT YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN HAVE! YOU WILL BE TOLD NO!
DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR UNLOCKED PARTS UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRADE!

Saying "No copyright infringement intended " does absolutely nothing. It literally means nothing. You still can be docked for having that copyrighted music, but since its remixed YouTube probably wont find it anytime soon. Its still illegal, you just wont get caught.

Exactly right, give credit were deserved, acknowledge there is no Copyright infringement intended as it is only a cover and you should be good to go :)

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it  :tongue:

The only issue will be if you monetize your videos. You cannot monetize a video that has someone else's audio files in it. Example, I had a patrol video up on youtube and at one point I got into a non PD vehicle to drive and the radio came on and was playing a classic rock song. Youtube notified me that I was in violation of their copyright agreement and suspended my monetization of that video. I could still have the video up, I just can't make money off of it.

Saying "No copyright infringement intended " does absolutely nothing. It literally means nothing. You still can be docked for having that copyrighted music, but since its remixed YouTube probably wont find it anytime soon. Its still illegal, you just wont get caught.

In fact, if it comes down to this, it can hurt you to do this - it shows that you know that it *is* copyright infringement.

Exactly right, give credit were deserved, acknowledge there is no Copyright infringement intended as it is only a cover and you should be good to go :)

I am not using the audio for covers, just for intros the covers part was an example of other people using instrumentals 

The only issue will be if you monetize your videos. You cannot monetize a video that has someone else's audio files in it. Example, I had a patrol video up on youtube and at one point I got into a non PD vehicle to drive and the radio came on and was playing a classic rock song. Youtube notified me that I was in violation of their copyright agreement and suspended my monetization of that video. I could still have the video up, I just can't make money off of it.

Medmark is correct on this. Ive had a few with copyright flags. Use Royalty Free Music (google to find it) and use proper credits and if possible the licence that states it can be used by anyone for any purpose.

I am not using the audio for covers, just for intros the covers part was an example of other people using instrumentals 

Ohh, in that case, just give credit and you should have no problems :)

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it  :tongue: