drdetroit

New Traffic Mod - No Taxi Bug/Not an ASI

Thought you guys might be interested in this traffic fix I just found:

This traffic mod fix at GTAinside.com, adds a ton of car/ped traffic without huge performance loss and best thing is there is no taxi bug, it's also does not require a ASI loader (pedcycle.dat file only).  The modder also went as far as to set the traffic cycles per day/night patterns as well and type of car and ped in appropriate areas.

Tried it, works well.  Very diverse cars, and makes the traffic look/act real for both peds and cars.  It does hit FPS a bit due to amount of traffic and I'm not certain the Traffic Density setting dos anything with this mod installed.  Very cool traffic mod.

EDIT:  Forgot the link: 

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=comments&cat=324&start=&id=52689

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

I like the idea. But I still get the taxi bug just after a little bit of playtime.

Yup, you guys are correct.  I too got the taxi bug after loading up LCPD and going on duty.  So I used Traffic Load with it and worked pretty good.  Although it's a little much for my current gaming rig, I'll use it when I pickup a new rig next week.,

drDetroit

More as a supplement to a taxi bug fixer. I like the sound of it.

God help my game's textures when I play with my modded one though...

don't use traffic load when using a bunch of modded cars textures will go crazy...chikamaru real traffic is good for car packs

That's just popcycle.dat - great stuff when you haven't modified your vehicles.img in any way.

But seeing as it doesn't change game's spawning system, it's useless against taxi bug, like The Loot said.