mclmrtn

What is the point of the low poly models?

I don't get the point of the low poly cars made from the stock Rockstar vehicles.  You still need a script like traffic flow to avoid the taxi bug.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to tweak the amount of memory that GTA IV uses to avoid the taxi bug completely?  I mean I have 16gb there shouldn't be a problem should there.

Are you trolling or are you serious?

Because thats a very advanced level of RHETERDERTION

Edited by TUNES

If you are referring to me, No I am in no way trolling. 

Also: What? :P

Serious.  Sorry it wasn't as obvious as your stunted social development is to most everyone here.

Maybe because otherwise the game wouldn't load just like when you install high-poly car this happens?? & you won't need any traffic fix if you don't use ENB or mods...

Edited by sKuare

Less polygons = less strain put on your computer. Easy as that.

And since GTA IV is really badly ported, low poly models will also keep GTA IV more stable.

So what is considered the best traffic fix these days?  My new system can handle pretty much anything.

Maybe because otherwise the game wouldn't load just like when you install high-poly car this happens?? & you won't need any traffic fix if you don't use ENB or mods...

Yeah I know, but I really like the look of ELS and the features and those low poly pro-ELS cars look pretty nice.

Edited by mclmrtn

High memory can help, but it doesn't necessarily help (the blanket in a rainstorm isn't a good analogy. A better one would be "using a net as cover from a rainstorm"). That's the single biggest advantage of low-poly: yes, you still need a traffic fix, but the game is far more stable

Personally, I use Traffic Flow (the first of TUNES's links).

The best traffic fix out there tested by much people is Chickamru. It doesn't give texture losses even with fully modded vehicles.img & it give a nice variety.

I switch between Traffic Load and Chikmaru's Real Traffic.  You get all of the 80-90 cars offered, and the AI cars don't spawn on the beach, in alley ways, the Coney Island boardwalk, or on top of your cruiser.

Any yes, low-poly vehicles will keep your game much more stable and will not cause texture loss.  I use a nice balance of low-poly for most of my police slots, and use slots that don't spawn every often (if ever) for my really nice high-poly ELS cars/trucks.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit