Chappie

Too much of the same thing.

There are way to many chargers, cvpis, tahoes and impalas. Why don't people pick up something new? I'm honestly sick and tired of seeing the same cars with minor changes and a different skin. It's repatative.

Modders, do you guys enjoy doing crown vics and chargers all the time? does it not get old?

Why not tackle something new? It seems like this community is stuck on typical police vehicles.

If I had the knowledge and time, I would do it my self. But, I don't.

Well, most car modders don't have the knowledge to scratch model vehicles and equipment, so they use what's available. And that are cvpi's, chargers, etc...

It is true... I'm one of them (one of the guys that uses what's avilable)

But there are also awesome guys like Cj24, KevinDV and corleone that make scratch modeled stuff (and there are even more)

Edited by ScrimpyData

Well, most car modders don't have the knowledge to scratch model vehicles and equipment, so they use what's available. And that are cvpi's, chargers, etc...

Bingo! That's exactly the reason why we keep getting variations of the same thing. It's a whole heck of a lot easier to glue parts together than make something new from scratch.

All these repetitive models is what convinced me to learn how to model so I could make something new for once. Right now I'm working on a bunch of fire trucks.

Honestly, if you have some time, sit down and learn a few things. That's what I did and really modeling isn't as hard as it seems. Plus you have a million and a half people on here who can help you. If you can get a hang of it then you can make exactly what you want, exactly how you want it. I encourage you to try!

Honestly, if you have some time, sit down and learn a few things. That's what I did and really modeling isn't as hard as it seems. Plus you have a million and a half people on here who can help you. If you can get a hang of it then you can make exactly what you want, exactly how you want it. I encourage you to try!

Well, I really want to learn modeling from scratch, just couldn't find anyone to help me yet :P

Well, I really want to learn modeling from scratch, just couldn't find anyone to help me yet :P

You can PM me anytime, I'll try and help. If I don't know I'll ask my go-to-guy.

Personally, even with all the models out there, I still have yet to find my perfectly setup car,with the exact lighting, model and skins that suites me.  Also, the interiors are all different, so when I'm playing in 1st person mode, I know I'm in a different car than the last one.  So personally, I appreciate all the effort these guys put into these things, repetitive or not.  Also, like NickieB said, cop cars are just a few models types, so I don't want to see a Faggio Police or an Austin Martin cop car...cheezy and unrealistic.  But, to each his own.

I take a look at the days uploads, if I see one I like I DL it, if not I don't.  Doesn't bother me one bit.  I don't know crap about modeling or even gluing parts together, so it's all good with me.  

BTW: Go to GTA4-mods.com and there are so many civillian cars your head will spin.  I just DLed a really nice Vette (20meg car!) and a cool Sultan RS with a handling line that makes that car so damn fast I have to stop and wait for the cops when I'm rampaging.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Why don't you do something about it instead of complaining that you see all the same types of cars. You obviously have no idea how much time it takes to convert cars. Plus only a few people have those new PI models and they aren't exactly giving them out to anyone who asks, in fact its the exact opposite, they are holding onto them and not giving them out. What exactly do you want to see? 99% of the real police cruisers out there are CVPI's Chargers, Tahoe's and Impala's so that doesn't leave much room for anything else except the new Taurus/SUV/Caprice but like I said, those are soooooo hard to get(if you want to get them the ethical way). I do agree with you that all of these new "modelers"(If you can call them that) are just throwing on the same parts and thinking they modeled a car. So that could be part of the reason why you feel that there are so many of those vehicles, because there is due to all these people just adding a Whelen Liberty and calling it a day. A year ago we never saw so many models being released but now its multiple models everyday and they aren't the kind of quality the community is used to seeing. If we were still seeing a lot of quality models with variety then you might not be complaining. Thats why I've been trying to make/get new lightbars/parts lately. Thats also the reason why I removed my tutorial on basic modeling, people abused it and now we have all of these sub-par cars being released which was never what I intended to happen. Oh and BTW scratch modeling isn't something your going to explain over a PM.... 

I know I am one of those "Use what's available" kind of people (for now), but I respect the actual modelers (You, Corleone, Cj24 etc.) and do not cal myself for that for what I do. I decided to call myself a modifier instead of modeler, because I only modify certain parts in the making of my cars.

Regards,

GTAIVpoliceman, HDgamerzPC

Edited by GTAIVpoliceman

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Join in on the fun and stay up-to-date on my Discord! https://www.discord.gg/sckJGqg

YOUTUBE | TWITTER

Who are you to say whether or not I'll be able to help him out?

Did I ever say that you wouldn't be able to help him? No. I didn't mean it like I was ordering you not to try and explain it, I could care less what you do in your PM's. I meant that its going to be extremely difficult to try and explain everything by just typing it. Can it be done? Sure, but if someone has no prior knowledge of modeling, its going to be hard for them to just read it and understand it. I've had a hard enough time explaining things to people over Skype/TS so I can't even imagine trying to do it just by typing. I should have put "Oh and BTW scratch modeling is something your going to have a very hard time explaining over a PM"

@GTAIVPoliceman - And there isn't anything wrong with that, I started that way too just like everyone else. But when you import those parts and just throw them wherever, don't pay attention to detail, become impatient and overlook the basics is when the quality starts to suffer. You should know by now that this stuff takes a good amount of time if you want to do a good job. These are just my opinions about the massive amount of work thats been released lately and its not just limited to models either, the skins have taken a decline also. Its like some skins where made in 8 minutes in MS paint. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way either. Seriously though, I looked at your work and its good for just starting. I don't want all the new people who are trying this to think that what I said is directed at everyone because its not. 

well I usually stay quite about this kinda stuff like 90% of the time but

Gee you wonder why there is stealing / ripping / taking credit for others work is gee IDK maybe the established modders lack of williness to help new modler's learn and grow
they seemed to all forget where they came from / started

its getting worse I got nothing at all against people like (kevinDv CJ24 EVI NickieB and Nicolai B among others)

buts it starting to compare to WR's in the NFL those who are established and good act a little bit like Diva's Primmadona's / feel a little bit entitled  and don't wanna help and look down on new modler's  and Yes in some cases I've seen actually established modder's  bashing new modeler's work

Hell the model I was working on  I had to stop I asked for help  practally begged and for the most part I was talked a little bit down / told to figure it out even though i'm new and good luck No one wsa willing ( except a very few ) to help even after I figured shit out and / showed  the determination etc. to modeling when I really got stuck on a new problem I brought up a totally different / new problem that flat out stumped me did I get help a second time around NO I didn't.

Hell I even had sketches made up of a model that hasn't really been done yet and had a few questions but no1 was willing to help

and also just remembered when I was brand new to the modding seen hell I couldn't even get help learning to skin / how to get started really everything I do now with skins is basically self taught ( only one person went above and beyond to help) ( not saying who so people down start bombing him with questions )

I even have a bunch idea's for ped modle's / skins again lack of help though

So you wonder why nothing is new etc and repeated go back to my first paragraph and also there are those of us out there who are new who have idea's / new cars ans sketches and shit ready to go with a few questions / that have the time and patience to learn etc but the overall lack of of people willing to help ( except a rare few ) is a big part of the problem

I could keep going and will if necessary

Edited by K-9 police 9

My Latest Files 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7083-liberty-city-based-on-seattle-10-part-1/   - Seattle Base

https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/6862-lc-based-on-new-oreleans-skin-pack-10-part-1/      - New Oreleans based   

Keep you eye  on this thread ;-)

https://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/43278-k-9-police-9-wip-rel-thread/

Did I ever say that you wouldn't be able to help him? No. I didn't mean it like I was ordering you not to try and explain it, I could care less what you do in your PM's. I meant that its going to be extremely difficult to try and explain everything by just typing it. Can it be done? Sure, but if someone has no prior knowledge of modeling, its going to be hard for them to just read it and understand it. I've had a hard enough time explaining things to people over Skype/TS so I can't even imagine trying to do it just by typing. I should have put "Oh and BTW scratch modeling is something your going to have a very hard time explaining over a PM"

Okay, sorry. I wasn't trying to be a douche.

Also, what I wanted to say before I left, is there's really only one way you can model the body. So now people have started making variations because they know how. You can't yell at them for trying. Although I do understand they're low quality and could be done better, but still. Nobody in their right mind is going to remodel a car that's already out there.

Plus I kinda disagree about you taking down those videos. You put the video up intending to teach people how to model, they watched it, learned from it, and now you took it down because you don't like what they're putting out. Now people like me who are trying hard to make something of quality from scratch have nothing to reference. I'm not just talking about you specifically, a lot of other people are doing the same. It's screwing over all new modelers.

I never had any videos uploaded, you must be thinking of someone else. I just had a basic tut about adding the materials and importing a base vehicle. I have my reasons for taking it down and consulted with other modelers to get their opinions before I did so. What my intentions/hopes were and how it was actually used were two different things. I even had people that didn't want me to upload it in the first place. There is numerous tuts on the zmod website that cover every tool in general but its not tailored to GTA, its more of just a general use. I feel like I learned more by figuring out myself but thats just me. You don't necessarily always need tutorials for everything

@K-9 - I don't feel entitled to anything and I think its crazy that people think that we are that way. I know exactly where I came from and I did it all by myself with little help from anyone so I know first hand it can be done, it just takes determination. Is their some rule that says that experienced modelers have to help new ones? Does it say that if the newbs don't get help they have the right to rip models? No and No. And then people wonder why all the top modelers aren't releasing much work anymore or aren't active. I've given support to people along the way, ask any number of people. One of the main reasons we don't give out support is because if I answered every PM for support i got, I seriously could sit here all day and help people with their problems. I got so many PM's that if I tried to answer them all I wouldn't get any of my own work done. When I was first learning this I tried PMing the experienced modelers and no one would reply and I thought the same thing you did, that they thought they were some how better then me. Now that I worked my way up the ranks I now why they don't reply, because you just can't reply to everyone due to time and the sheer amount of questions. Plus some things can be answered if people just keep trying to figure it out, not ask right away when they only tried for 5 minutes. I had my fair share of issues/problems I ran into when learning but you know what? I figured it out through trial/error and learned even more because I had to troubleshoot it myself. Now is it right that modelers have bashed new work? Absolutely not but I think its okay to give constructive criticism to them so they can further improve their work. 

it mostly(in my apinon), supply and demand.

Supply: modder will only use what they can get access to, weather the scratch make or all ready have it.

Demand: moddders will  make models that will have a large target, want/need

so this might be way you dont see many UK as AU styled police cars because there are not many people that will use them 

if your replying to me Please @0taku or Quote me so I get a notification 

There are way to many chargers, cvpis, tahoes and impalas. Why don't people pick up something new? I'm honestly sick and tired of seeing the same cars with minor changes and a different skin. It's repatative.

Modders, do you guys enjoy doing crown vics and chargers all the time? does it not get old?

Why not tackle something new? It seems like this community is stuck on typical police vehicles.

Like others have said, if you don't like the chargers and crown vics make your own models then..

There are only so many different kind of cop cars out there even worth makeing and those are crown vics, chargers, taurus, tahoe ect...  Do you even realize how much time and effort people have to put into a car to make it look good and look smooth? Tell me what other cars do you want to see? Maybe you want to see a Russian Lada? or maybe a police Skoda? 

Remember

Beggars can't be choosers.  

Edited by Darkangel

[u]​Click that spoiler you will not be disappointed!![/u]

[spoiler]http://www.choose.yudia.net/rickroll.swf

You've been Rick Rolled[/spoiler]

This thread is heating up.....  Anyways to address the topic, there are a lot of interesting vehicles in the works by a lot of different people, some are used by many departments some are not.  I don't want to spoil any surprises by the respective authors, but they are in the works!  Just keep in mind these WIP's take time and sometimes get buried under all of the other releases.

I sorta agree with NickieB in the fact that the only real police cars are the ones you are tired off. Really no other cars are used.

Just thought i should add, isn't weird how where ever Nickie post arguments erupt? Weird huh.

I am fairly new here and have released a couple skins for cvpi's and my attention turned thanks to WBRPDProductions. He suggested I try my hand at it and I have since decided to have a go at scratch modeling. Time consuming is an understatement (it doesn't help that I have a bit of OCD when it comes to quality). Anyway, I may be one of the summer surprises for release but thats all I will say (hopefully nobody is doing the same, as it's fairly uncommon).

Anyway, back on topic, I never thought twice about the slight variations of the same car being released en masse. I simply weed through and get what I want and leave the rest. That said, I do take issue with the really poorly done items. Really, I have come across a few that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY that the author could have thought it was even remotely good, let alone the community. I mean I can understand starting a thread and getting feedback, updating it and getting more feedback through pictures. Then finally releasing something once the feedback dictates. Maybe that should be a prerequisite for releasing something, starting a thread first.

I have a new found appreciation for the work that modelers do by actually learning to do it myself. I will say that there is no shortage of learning material and tutorials across the internet. TRUST ME!!! I have put the time in to find the answers to my questions (two answers have eluded me and I just went on my gut with quality in mind). I will say if you don't have patience and a will to do this then you might want to move along.

Let me pose this question for this thread. Does it make sense to release a bunch of (currently unavailable) unlocked parts so that there can be more variation (more availability for the 'modifiers') or would it further hurt the community to do so (potentially more garbage releases)?

Lastly, I will leave you with this quote to think about:

"Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago" - Warren Buffett

Edited by Statikzx

still cant believe there isnt a proper in game MDT/CAD

Well modeling and scripting are two very different things. It's bad enough we have only a select few people with the knowledge to scratch model. Scripting is a totally different story.

it mostly(in my apinon), supply and demand.

Supply: modder will only use what they can get access to, weather the scratch make or all ready have it.

Demand: moddders will  make models that will have a large target, want/need

so this might be way you dont see many UK as AU styled police cars because there are not many people that will use them 

Supply and demand huh? Well as for demand, take a look at this thread: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Read through the first page. Go on to the last two pages too if ya like. You see a NYPD/LAPD or a CVPI with Liberty? Nope. But they're being released. So, IMHO, demand isn't exactly meeting supply. People are making things nobody is seeking anymore.

As for the "modder will only use what they can get access to" thing, its not necessary to keep making things. Like I said, I don't know why they just keep releasing stuff nobody wants. If you don't have something new to make, don't make it at all. Whats the point in making the same thing over and over again?

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2v0db9x.png[/img]