Which are you most excited for?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which new console are you most excited for?

• PS4
    • XBOX One
    • Neither

With both consoles finally sitting under the spotlight, which are you most excited for? Who do you think is going to have that extra edge? And which one are you going to buy first? 

Edited by apollyon666

You act as if we're all getting one...

Count me out... For both.

Reasons:

1. Both companies are NOT interested in player comfort of consumer ideals and OH BIG SURPRISE!; JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

2. Accessibility is terrible, they force you to buy into their Xbox Live s**t and literally force you in playing ONLINE. You NEED to be online to play, and even if you choose not to get their GOLD whatever thing, they will spam you with how much you suck because you can't afford/don't even WANT GOLD.

I have an Xbox 360 and have seen it escalate to a point where they bombard you with BUY this BUY that you suck! Buy that and you're cool! 

I'll stick with PC until I can actually become a Peace Officer, which is in about 5 years.

Edited by Forestrees1234

You act as if we're all getting one...

Count me out... For both.

Reasons:

1. Both companies are NOT interested in player comfort of consumer ideals and OH BIG SURPRISE!; JUST WANT YOUR MONEY.

2. Accessibility is terrible, they force you to buy into their Xbox Live s**t and literally force you in playing ONLINE. You NEED to be online to play, and even if you choose not to get their GOLD whatever thing, they will spam you with how much you suck because you can't afford/don't even WANT GOLD.

I have an Xbox 360 and have seen it escalate to a point where they bombard you with BUY this BUY that you suck! Buy that and you're cool! 

I'll stick with PC until I can actually become a Peace Officer, which is in about 5 years.

I'm not acting as if anyone is getting anything. It's a simple general question for people who enjoy gaming on different platforms. Honestly I'm probably not getting either of them, however with watching them I do favor one over the other. 

But I do know EXACTLY what you're talking about. They're both very quick to push extra fee's onto people. With that being said I'll add another choice to the poll to make it fair to everyone. :) 

Please take no offense. I kinda find this debate pointless, seeing as we know almost little to nothing of both of them. Not to mention we have yet to see a picture of the PS4, let alone actual prices, but that's just my opinion. If I had to choose I'd probably just got with the Xbox one, why? I have not a clue.

Help us, help you!

• Report Rule Breakers and other issues you see!

-JAM, Community Team Moderator.

Honestly there should be an option for none of the above or all of the above. But I understand you meant your questions as; If you HAD to choose, which one.

Neither :(

I had an Xbox360 slim... I sold it two weeks after buying it. I'm nostalgic of the old consoles, where all you had to do was "open it, put the disc/cartridge, and play".

I really don't see the perks of buying a console instead of a PC, even if it's a middle-end one. Exclusive games ? Yeah, maybe, but they are becoming very rare.

Plus a PC can serves for a lot of other things. But that's just my opinion.

consol10.png

Just kidding, don't be offended ^^

Please take no offense. I find this kinda pointless, seeing as we know almost little to nothing of both of them. Not to mention we have yet to see a picture of the PS4, let alone actual prices. Not to mention this is a die hard PC fan base here at this forum. If I had to choose I'd probably just got with the one, why? I have not a clue.

Well, let us have our fun within the conversation about it. This topic was interesting to me to read because peoples thoughts and opinions are fun to read. But out of all them your negative post kinda stuck out there which is why I am posting. Let us have our debate/conversation/fun.

Well, let us have our fun within the conversation about it. This topic was interesting to me to read because peoples thoughts and opinions are fun to read. But out of all them your negative post kinda stuck out there which is why I am posting. Let us have our debate/conversation/fun.

My post was simply me showing my opinion on the matter and how I feel it's early to have any type of debate about it (Since there's is little to no vital information about them, including prices). Not to mention the clearly posted "Please take no offense" part of my post.

If I honestly felt that this was a completely useless topic I would have closed it, which I did not. I'm fine for conversation/debate, and I'm free to express my opinion. If you felt my post was so negative, then you responding to it and making another post about it really isn't helping out much, now is it?

Now please, stay on topic.

Help us, help you!

My post was simply me showing my opinion on the matter and how I feel it's early to have any type of debate about it (Since there's is little to no vital information about them, including prices). Not to mention the clearly posted "Please take no offense" part of my post.

If I honestly felt that this was a completely useless topic I would have closed it, which I did not. I'm fine for conversation/debate, and I'm free to express my opinion. If you felt my post was so negative, then you responding to it and making another post about it really isn't helping out much, now is it?

Now please, stay on topic.

(Directed to the last few comments) JAM, I was not offended and honestly respect your stance. I am aware of the early stages with minimum knowledge as to what these two consoles will be about. Perhaps if I worded things different it would have been a bit more clear that this post was mostly directed to the dedicated sony/microsoft gamers. I didn't mean for this to come across as a "Which is better" type post just a simple "who are you most excited for?" Just out of curiosity I wanted to see who stood where regardless of the information. The only reason I'm even responding is to sort of clear the air with anyone on this topic and anyone who stumbles across it. 

If this post was made too soon and any moderators feel it's a problem topic you can close, lock, delete, etc. I honestly don't mind. :) 

(Directed to the last few comments) JAM, I was not offended and honestly respect your stance. I am aware of the early stages with minimum knowledge as to what these two consoles will be about. Perhaps if I worded things different it would have been a bit more clear that this post was mostly directed to the dedicated sony/microsoft gamers. I didn't mean for this to come across as a "Which is better" type post just a simple "who are you most excited for?" Just out of curiosity I wanted to see who stood where regardless of the information. The only reason I'm even responding is to sort of clear the air with anyone on this topic and anyone who stumbles across it. 

If this post was made too soon and any moderators feel it's a problem topic you can close, lock, delete, etc. I honestly don't mind. :) 

Nah, you're perfectly fine with this topic bud, and I understand your point in creating this topic. My post was a broad statement that for anyone to have a debate about it currently can be considered as too soon (In terms of which is better, not which will develop a better console). I can definitely understand what you are trying to get at with this topic and I support it. There's no need to close this topic (I would have done so earlier if I felt it was needed). I can often mistake some topics to perceive certain things rather than the main discussion that they're going for.

In my opinion if I had to choose currently what console I'll be saving up for it would be the Xbox One, I've had some decent experiences with the Xbox 360 and can genuinely say that I was satisfied with it. However it will be down the road, I'm too busy with my current PC. :wink:

Help us, help you!

More excited for PS4, since I been gaming on playstation when I was 10 I know now I been suddenly gaming on pc because of mods and graphics but hopefully I can get back on playing again with the PS4 :D

The problem right now is that Sony's press conference was very much focused on what games would be out, they didn't go in-depth about the features it will have, nor did they show us the actual console. Whereas Microsoft's press conference was centred on the console and the features it will have.

It's very difficult to make a decision based on this.

However I will say that Microsoft appears to be targeting the US audience with the new box, most of the features (apart from Skype) will be unavailable or severely limited outside of the US, UNLESS Microsoft substitutes some features for some that are accessible and relevant in their country, netflix doesn't really have a market outside of the US due to the extremely limited catalog, Danes have been warned by the consumer board from subscribing to HBO Go as their licensing terms are against our legislation.

The Microsoft conference didn't tell us much about the games,other than reveal the least surprising game ever, Forza 5 (With RML commentary?), some odd Remedy exclusive and some CoD stuff, nothing ground-breaking. It's intentional as Microsoft stated that they will talk in depth about games for the Xbox One at E3. This seems fine to me.

As far as I have heard, the Xbox One will require you to connect to the internet at least once a day, that may be troublesome for some people, I myself am very apprehensive about this.

Another issue for some people is the uncertainty surrounding second hand games, I personally don't give a toss about it because I would never buy a pre-owned game, it doesn't matter to me.

I honestly don't care much for Sony, they have a proven track record of being bad at keeping their user information safely stored, I'm sure they were also hacked back some time around 2009, regardless a lack of security so bad that the private data (credit card info) of 77 million customers was accessed by hackers, Sony also supported SOPA back in the day.

XBOX One vs PS4

God dammit...

In any case, XBOX because the overall skill of PS3 players in shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty has been pretty low from what I've seen. I'll go where the better multiplayer base is, and right now that's XBOX Live. It should also cooperate better with other Windows 8 style devices like my desktop or a Windows phone.

Edited by unr3al

PS4, why? PS and XBOX were meant to be consoles for GAMES only. XBOX has useless features, like Skype, which is now available on your phone, TV and the the guide thingy which is available on your TV. And the commands feature, which is like XBOX, start. Which will make you look like a fat kid. You have to pay to be online, which is free on PlayStation. So, I am with the PS4.

PS4, why? PS and XBOX were meant to be consoles for GAMES only. XBOX has useless features, like Skype, which is now available on your phone, TV and the the guide thingy which is available on your TV. And the commands feature, which is like XBOX, start. Which will make you look like a fat kid. You have to pay to be online, which is free on PlayStation. So, I am with the PS4.

I enjoy some of the things they've added over the past like being able to connect to Hulu and Netflix and having the ability to just buy a game through their store.But I'm personally am a Sony kid at heart. I've played both playstation and xbox but playstation has always stuck to it's roots. (In my opinion.) However I feel like it's only a matter of time before Sony starts getting money hungry. 

When Sony did the conference to showcase some of the features one thing they made clear was they wanted it to be socially integrated. (Being able to share clips by the press of a button and what not.) Which is awesome for youtubers and people like that. To the average gamer and Facebook/Twitter addict it seems like it'll just be something else to clog up timelines. :p But I guess only time will tell. 

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone knows, but Sony is planning a E3 Press Conference. Does anyone know whether or not that will be the full reveal or is it still unknown. (I fell out of the loop when I got addicted to LCPDFR. :P ) 

On a side note, I'm not sure if anyone knows, but Sony is planning a E3 Press Conference. Does anyone know whether or not that will be the full reveal or is it still unknown. (I fell out of the loop when I got addicted to LCPDFR. :P ) 

Both Sony & Microsoft will do a conf at E3.

Microsoft will target true gaming things and will answer to the suspended interrogations.

Sony should show the console and explain more things.

EDIT : and pricing should be revealed too.

Edited by DarthWound

The Xbox WILL play games, it's not like gaming is something they have completely forgot, Microsoft said that the conference they held was to show off the console and its additional futures, they'll talk about the games at E3, including the fifteen exclusive titles being released in the first year.

It's funny to watch everybody get their panties stuck in a wedge because apparently the Xbox won't play games.

There's absolutely no reason to be upset or count negatively towards the Xbox based on the conference they held. All the additional features are additional, you don't have to use Hulu (whatever that is), HBO, Netflix and Skype if you don't want to, you don't have to use your Xbox if you don't want to.

Compare Microsofts conference to that of Apple announcing a new iPhone, would you be upset if they only talked about how great it is for browsing the web or how the screen is much better to use, they wouldn't talk about how they improved the microphone or speaker or how it's otherwise better to use as a phone.

The only thing Microsoft might make mandatory (which is still uncertain) is the use of Kinect, all I want from that is being able to turn off the voice stuff because it's silly. The Kinect device itself will be right behind the console itself if I get one.

Personally i think Xbox is doing what Apple are doing, They are creating new things to earn money without putting much effort into them. an example this is the iPhone which is just a edited version of the previous iPhone and alot of the time they just change a small thing in the software and sell it making out its a new phone with many new features. 

The Xbox one is basically the Xbox 360 with a few minor tweaks and small bit of software which isn't really worth paying for, If they really wanted to make something which is next gen they should of redesigned most of the Xbox system. Right now i don't think anyone can really discuss the Playstation 4 in detail until they give out there plans for the console and what specs it would have and any other information.

But i know for certain that i will be purchasing the Playstation 4.

Why even have signatures-....

Right now i don't think anyone can really discuss the Playstation 4 in detail until they give out there plans for the console and what specs it would have and any other information.

http://webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/feb21/pdf/playstation4_specification.pdf

^^^^ Few specs pulled from the Playstation Site. I'm sure it's all subject to change though. Lol. I honestly can't wait to see them both fully revealed. See if either side has anything hidden up their sleeve. 

Okay I am going to be honest, I think Xbox one is just a way to use the "fanboys", And make a console that is all about multimedia not really about games, And the fanboys will still love it and buy it. It's sad.

Why do people have to make a big deal out of the question? There are two answers just pick one and move on....... Xbox One for myself

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.

Why does everyone forget the Wii U? That thing has a screen in the controller and all the Mario games you could ever want; and then more Mario games!

And, it came out first. It even has GTA Lego City, with cops!

I personally think that Microsoft are a bit more on the money side rather than the fun etc. but it's like they described Xbox, they want it to be All-in-one entertainment that's why they are putting so much features in it which for some might be cool & useful. I found out today that Xbox One is supposed to be somewhere around £600 which is insane! I bulit my PC with decent specs for £550 and when I turned on BF3 on both Xbox and PC to compare it then PC is so much better with graphics not to mention all the other features that Xbox have etc. Even though I love Xbox, PC is way better and has more + better things so the next money I'll have I'll probably spend it on upgrading my PC like getting SDD or a new GPU instead of buying a new console and besides I have the old Xbox 360 and it works for 4 years now so Im happy! ;)

For the PS though... I get pushed away from it because of the fact they got hacked and like someone said before, PS Network is free unlike Xbox LIVE which leads to more annoying kids having PS because their parents don't have to pay every month/year (and Im not talking about everyone just the younger players so don't get offended) but then again on Xbox you get more features that are useful for some. Other than that PS isn't that bad if we were to look and their products so far and neither is Xbox but it's the matter of who likes what. I just know for a fact I prefer to keep with PC as it's the best technology for everything while Xbox / PS are starting to look like they soon will be making XC's or PSC's (some sort of Xbox/PlayStation Computer :P ).

Edited by Vayerr