WBRPDProductions

2000 Pierce Dash Aerial [WIP]

Banner2.png

2000 Pierce Dash Aerial [WIP]

29/04/2013

Greetings fellow modders and GTA enthusiasts:

I am here to announce that I will be working hard to create a 2000 Pierce Dash Aerial for GTA IV. I have created numerous 'Fire Dept.' related modifications before but nothing more than just simple textures or sirens. As I'm sure you've noticed, all of the new vehicle mods that are coming out now in days seem to consist of CVPIs, CVPIs and more CVPIs. If you know anything about me or have seem any of my YouTube videos you know I'm defentily more interested in the 'Fire' side of things. That's why I am super determined to create something new and different to please myself and the small audience of people that are just like me.

I am completely new to ZModeler2. Infact, I only registered it today. Yes, I know what you're thinking, but don't worry. I am willing to learn everything I need to know inorder to make this a reality and I am hoping that I can count on all of your guys' help too. At the moment I am still watching tutorials so I at least have the basics to this program down.

Untitled_1.png

Here is a picture of the rig I am working on creating. Although, I am making a few changes including a new LED lighting package. Feel free to suggest other stuff that would improve it as well. If I'm going to put the time into making this I am going to do it right. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but it's going to be worth it in the end.

If you know of any good tutorials or have any good advice of your own I'd really appreciate it. In addition, if anybody knows of any exitsing parts (i.e. Federal-Q, Bell, Lights etc.) that you wouldn't mind sharing I'd be more than happy to give you credit.

Please leave your feedback, thanks!

Today's progress:

pro_1.png

One question: Right now everything is attached as one "face." When the time comes, how am I supposed to add the textures if it's all one giant face? Was I supposed to make it a seperate "part?" Thanks in advance.

Edited by WBRPDProductions

I'd suggest working on a different Pierce Model that hasn't already been made for IV. I've already got that cab and I'm finishing up a ladder truck on it. Next step would be an aerial with the bucket and that's pretty simple to make with what I've already got. May I suggest an Arrow XT or a Quantum? No one has made a real High Quality realistic one as far as I know.

I'd suggest working on a different Pierce Model that hasn't already been made for IV. I've already got that cab and I'm finishing up a ladder truck on it. Next step would be an aerial with the bucket and that's pretty simple to make with what I've already got. May I suggest an Arrow XT or a Quantum? No one has made a real High Quality realistic one as far as I know.

Arrow XT or a Quantum would be nice to see! Good luck on whichever model that you decide to do!

When I saw this:

hell-yea-thumb.jpg

My Mods: [color=#b22222]Speed Radar Script[/color][color=#b22222],[/color] [color=#daa520]POE[/color][color=#daa520], [/color][color=#0000ff]LicenseAnalyzer[/color]

4A02 at Mounties Gaming, Avid Modder / Script Writer, Problem Solver, and an awesome person :)

This is going to be AMAZING. One suggestion though, when you make it and do the lights, if it going to be ELS, make them LED? Such as this:

SKIP to about 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdRWl2QKsXg

Now, it doesn show much of the lights but im sure you get the idea.

Edited by stevenew95

Message me for any questions, suggestions, or just friendly advice! Im on every day!

yeah beta tester right here to!!

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens | U.S. Marshals Office Lexington, KY

30 Seconds... 20 Seconds... 10 BANG BANG!! You do know were not able to shoot people on site anymore? He pulled first! - Season 1 Opener

Day 3:

pro_3.png

@stevenew95 I was sure planning on mounting new LED lights. I had something similar to your video in mind. I am either going to have just the two in the front, or add two more behind them facing sideways. But I saw how the truck in the video had two in the very back of the cab, I think that it would just look weird with this model.

@Sasrical, @Andre Amorim, @srgt.scales I appreciate you all wanting to help with the cause, although I already have a few people lined up to do beta testing when the time comes. If I do need anymore people for anything I will be sure to contact you first.

I have come across another question. Is it possible to "glue" an already created object like a light bar to the truck without connecting the vertices? I'm sure there's an easier way, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

In zmodeler, you can attach two objects or models together.

Also, i agree, side mounted ones would look much better. I know leds would look great on this. If you just look at the new modern lights on the trucks coming out in 2011-2013, you can see all the new led lights they have for the trucks. Looking at some of the sites such as whelen and sirennet would be good too to see their light products and maybe give you some ideas. In all, cant wait to see the truck come out. Ever need some help on something, ill try my best to help!

Edited by stevenew95

Message me for any questions, suggestions, or just friendly advice! Im on every day!

In zmodeler, you can attach two objects or models together.

Also, i dont think it would look too bad, you can always just put one there to see how it looks. I know leds would look great on this. If you just look at the new modern lights on the trucks coming out in 2011-2013, you can see all the new led lights they have for the trucks. Looking at some of the sites such as whelen and sirennet would be good too to see their light products and maybe give you some ideas. In all, cant wait to see the truck come out. Ever need some help on something, ill try my best to help! Also, if you could figure out how to do a roto ray, i know some people dont like them, but if you could figure out how to do that, youd be the first for GTA IV to my knowledge.

The first rotoray is on the crimson Spartan Gladiator, but there isn't going to be one on this truck because to the best of my knowledge there is no way to get them to spin, so its really just there to ding your head on... plus we don't think they would look very good on this truck.  There will be LED lights, however, as WBRPD previously stated.

Totally forgot about that one. Okay, yours would be the second. However, the roto ray was just an idea. I agree it wouldnt fit right on this truck.

Edited by stevenew95

Appreciate the help and suggestions. I know I kind of already asked this before, but I really feel like I'm doing something wrong. Right now my model is all one big piece. In other words, everything is attached together. It is supposed to be like that? I want to be sure before I go any further with this. I just downloaded a light bar just to play around with it and it was broken up into different pieces where there would be different textures. Was I supposed to do the same for things like the door handles, bumper, headlights, etc. Someone please brief me on the "texture applying" part. I'm clueless, thanks guys.

Looks awesome man keep up the great work! Are you going to do an all LED lighting package on it? Also, if you need help with textures let me know!