Sign in to follow this  
domadouch

Crown vic vs Impala?

CVPI for sure.  I can't stand the Impala...ugly and small, plus front wheel drive.

Good day,

DrDetroit

It was Ford who recently switched to Front Wheel Drive for all their cars... So don't blame General Motors for Front Wheel Drive on a sports car. It's way better, definitely on high speed corners.

(Except Mustang.)

And Rear Wheel Drive's only good for drifitng. Not really of any good use for police.

It was Ford who recently switched to Front Wheel Drive for all their cars... So don't blame General Motors for Front Wheel Drive on a sports car. It's way better, definitely on high speed corners.

(Except Mustang.)

And Rear Wheel Drive's only good for drifitng. Not really of any good use for police.

I don't like front wheel drive.  The steering is effected big time by the torque of the front wheels and not in a good way...sucks for performance driving.  Plus the front wheels are set too far back on the chassis for my taste.  I have both types and a AWD as well....my Audi A4 (06) with Quattro is the best handling vehicle I have ever owned...and I've owned all kinds; Land Rover, Mercedes, Audi, Lincoln, Caddys, Corvette, Mustang..ect.  

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

NONE OF THOSE TWO!!!!!!!!!

Dodge Chargers 2006-2010/ 2011-2017 (Both Body Styles)

GMC Serria's, GMC Denali Serria's (Pick-ups)

GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon Denali,'s

GMC Yukon XL, GMC XL Denali's

NO CHEVY!!

Except the Suburban and Camaros!

CVPI, Some what I do like; Impalas I don't really Care for.

Dodge Dakotas eh.

SGT. PEREZ!

impala is good for patroling alqquaqin cvpi is better for outside the city with more exspessways 

I personally like the Impala a lot. It is great for city patrolling. But, I still like my good ol' Vic for highways and things of that nature.

For me I am a dodge and ford person.... so I patrol in Chargers and CVPI 95% of the time.... because I rarely install an Impala in game lol

I would've gone with the impala 2 years ago. Now the the ford P.I. is Taurus based, the things look amazing. I've gotten the chance to do ridealongs with the CVPI, Taurus interceptor, Impala, and charger. IRL and in game the Taurus interceptor takes the cake. Awesome curves and bad ass look.

I understand some people love the cvpi because, especially in game, it is the image of police presence now and has been since the AWEFUL caprices.

IRL I sweat a bit more if a CVPI pulls behind me then an impala or Taurus. That's why I think a lot of people go with the CVPI. The jaguar lights scream "I AM POLICE" lol

I would go with the impala behind the Taurus interceptor. The impala has similar curves and the same look to it...

I despise dodges with a passion that burns deep within my soul. The things feel blocky and awkward to me.

GMC Serria's, GMC Denali Serria's (Pick-ups)

GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon Denali,'s

GMC Yukon XL, GMC XL Denali's

NO CHEVY!!

You do know GMC's are pretty much Chevy's with different badges, right?

I prefer the Crown Vic over the Impala. The majority of police agencies in my area (in addition to Texas State Troopers) use a mix of Crown Vics and Chargers as their 4-door sedan police vehicle. The only cities that I know of that use Impalas are Fort Worth, Dallas, and Plano. However, Fort Worth is in the process of replacing their Crown Vics with either the Taurus, new Charger, or new Caprice.

In GTA4, all of my police vehicles are either Crown Vics or Tahoes.

I drove the Impala, CVPI, and Hemi Charger in the academy and the Impala is better in the tight stuff with the Charger close behind, but I will give the CVPI its dues because it was much easier to manuver at slow speed in and in reverse, the CVPI has more room and better visability also. Personally I would take the Charger, it is a plain better vehicle all around. Saying that I own a CVPI that I use for work and I enjoy, but I bought it because its relaible, cheap to fix, easy to work on, and it feels like the old cars I love to drive

You do know GMC's are pretty much Chevy's with different badges, right?

I prefer the Crown Vic over the Impala. The majority of police agencies in my area (in addition to Texas State Troopers) use a mix of Crown Vics and Chargers as their 4-door sedan police vehicle. The only cities that I know of that use Impalas are Fort Worth, Dallas, and Plano. However, Fort Worth is in the process of replacing their Crown Vics with either the Taurus, new Charger, or new Caprice.

In GTA4, all of my police vehicles are either Crown Vics or Tahoes.

Americans LOVE Chevy so I LOVE GMCs!!

"They are the Same thing" But GMC is GMC

N' Chevy is Chevy!

Sgt. Perez

I understand some people love the cvpi because, especially in game, it is the image of police presence now and has been since the AWEFUL caprices.

Yea, those Caprices were pretty bad lol.  Ugly as hell and probably performance to match the looks.  Don't see any mods for 'em either, not that I'd use one.

Good day,

DrDetroit

I would've gone with the impala 2 years ago. Now the the ford P.I. is Taurus based, the things look amazing. I've gotten the chance to do ridealongs with the CVPI, Taurus interceptor, Impala, and charger. IRL and in game the Taurus interceptor takes the cake. Awesome curves and bad ass look.

IRL I sweat a bit more if a CVPI pulls behind me then an impala or Taurus. That's why I think a lot of people go with the CVPI. The jaguar lights scream "I AM POLICE" lol

I would go with the impala behind the Taurus interceptor. The impala has similar curves and the same look to it...

I despise dodges with a passion that burns deep within my soul. The things feel blocky and awkward to me.

Ive been on a ride along in the new ford explorer that a lot of station have, that thing is a beast