Buzz

How can I get more FPS?

Hi guys, I been having a problem with my FPS. I just bought a new laptop yesterday and I've been getting 20-30 FPS. But averagely I get about 10-25 FPS.

Besides having to buy a new video card, is there a way I can boost up my FPS to get it pass 30 through my computer? Even if that means updating my drivers or anything (but since it's a new computer, I don't know if there is anything to update to get a better FPS). Thanks, your advice will be appreciated! 

Specs: 

Windows 8

- Processor - AMD-A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 

- 1.90 GHz

- Quad Core

- Memory - 4.00 GB

- System type - 64-bit operating system x64-based processor 

It also says 6.3 Gaming Graphics in my Windows Experience Index. Not sure if it means anything. 

Don't hesitate to ask me questions! Thanks! 

The only thing I can think of is to close any unneeded programs before playing. It might give you a slight boost of FPS.

I see. What exactly does defrag mean? And about the gamebooster website, what must I exactly do? 

Hm, I did find a mod a while back that removed all that uneeded clutter from the streets (stuff like paper etc on the roads) and it gave me a decent FPS boost.

I'll have a dig around and see if I can find it

I see. What exactly does defrag mean?

Run a defragmentation of your hard drive.

Hm, I did find a mod a while back that removed all that uneeded clutter from the streets (stuff like paper etc on the roads) and it gave me a decent FPS boost.

And how many FPS can I get if I use it? 

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=7008

That worked for me

What that mod does is: Increase the graphics AND gives you better  FPS.

It's a weird combo.

VisualIV wasn't bad, but I use "Amazing GTA". It is designed to help lower performing systems while tweaking the look of the game to something different that vanilla.

That would be Clean City Mod, found here.

VisualIV wasn't bad, but I use "Amazing GTA". It is designed to help lower performing systems while tweaking the look of the game to something different that vanilla.

That would be Clean City Mod, found here.

I installed Amazing GTA and my game now crashsright after it starts. When it shows the legal stuff

"Trademark rockstar 2009 trademarks blah blah blah" and it freezes and then crashs after a few seconds.

*kicks puppy*

Try right clicking on computer and manage, when the window pops up go on Services and Applications, then on services. Then you should get a long list of your computers services, go down to Windows Event Collector and Windows Event Log, right click on both of them go on properties and change startup type to disabled and then ok.

Restart your computer and startup GTA IV, it should give you an extra 10 FPS and when your done go back and switch the startup type to what you had before. This actually helps because sometimes when you press a certain key it causes the game to slow down and sometimes crash. Hope it works! Good Luck!

May I suggest running a disk cleanup first, then running a defrag. Turning off shadows helps.

I installed Amazing GTA and my game now crashsright after it starts. When it shows the legal stuff

"Trademark rockstar 2009 trademarks blah blah blah" and it freezes and then crashs after a few seconds.

*kicks puppy*

Hmm, I've never had any issues with it. I didn't use any of the SweetFX addons, just the basic file replacements in common and PC, plus the tree LODs.