Emergency.Vehicle.Lighting

ELS Advantages:
- Stages
- Lights anywhere

- Easier to model lightbars

ELS Disadvantages:
- Limited by amount of extras
- Still using pre-colored textures
- Not able to change light colors on the fly without using another extra in the same place

So we were looking to tackle some of the issues that ELS has

Before we continue, we started looking into this when I saw a video by BXBuggs.
So he should get all credit for discovering how to do this. I simply figured out how he did it and I like sharing with the community.

How EVL works:
- Each "light-head" is a white texture
- Every light is a mod on a car (IE: Front bumper)
- There is a blank model used to switch out the light to
- The modkit is setup as a daytime running light (External ID 0)
- Then (based upon setup) you set the each light to be a "mod color" like how you can change the color of a spoiler and not the car

So in a sense instead of turning extras on and off, you are changing a modkit from ID 1 (light texture aka on) to ID 2 (blank model aka off)

The light textures are white so you can use native GTA color switching to change the color of the light head on the fly

They are also daytime running lights so they look bright from a distance naturally.

EVL Advantages:
- Everything that ELS has
- 36 light heads possible (50 mod types, 14 are engine and wheels and stuff)
- No issues with cars fixing or the door glitch
- Look good from a distance
- Changing light colors on the fly and natively
- Still just as easy for modelers to make (also easy to convert existing cars)

EVL Disadvantages
- Still only 36 light heads possible (its still a lot)
- Would not be compatible with ELS cars (still very easy to convert)

We are putting this information out there, not because we are making a script/mod for it.

But maybe LT. Cane wants to modify ELS to this or maybe someone wants to make a script for it.

Here is a demo video which we started researching off of:

There is also a cross post on FiveM about the same, that is found here.

Credits:
- BXBuggs (initial idea)
- @Thero helping R&D

References:
- Mod kit IDs

Edited by JnKTechstuff

Really hope someone wants to take on the scripting part of this. It free's up So Many Resources that ELS pulls as well as the PITA that Non ELS is (I H.A.T.E doing Non ELS Models lol)

Edited by Thero

6 minutes ago, Thero said:

Really hope someone wants to take on the scripting part of this. It free's up So Many Resources that ELS pulls as well as the PITA that Non ELS is (I H.A.T.E doing Non ELS Models lol)

Yes, it would be great.

Also would make plugin compatibility much easier 😄

We have a team working on a version for FiveM. But we do not have a team working on a SP mod. If you are interested let me know. We have test assets on standby. This would be a great way to bridge two communities that should be working together more.

14 hours ago, JnKTechstuff said:

We have a team working on a version for FiveM. But we do not have a team working on a SP mod. If you are interested let me know. We have test assets on standby. This would be a great way to bridge two communities that should be working together more.

I would love to give this a wing at the coding part for SP..... Very interested in seeing how this works, might need to drag my main man OJDoesIt into this...

On 11/11/2018 at 7:44 AM, Starkka15 said:

I would love to give this a wing at the coding part for SP..... Very interested in seeing how this works, might need to drag my main man OJDoesIt into this...

If you need more information and a demo I have it setup on my FiveM development server and can show you how it works. We have a team setup on FiveM but we do not have a SP team setup. Going to setup a discord possibly for everyone to share ideas instead of DMs

Discord Link: Removed

Edited by Giordano
Please do not link to Discord servers in posts.

25 minutes ago, Slushy said:

Looks promising 🙂

We know it will work. Just have to get the community to switch which will be hard but once we get the script done and @Thero drops some beautiful models I think everyone will see the benefit.

Also just want to make it clear that we don't want to diss ELS because that script has been keeping this community going with vehicles and stuff. 

Also Vehicle Dev's. When I get the vehicle aspect of it put together I will make a Tutorial Video and post it on my YouTube Channel so everyone can learn and that I'm not the one and only person that knows how to do it.

Hey Everyone,

We have some Alpha Testing Footage to showcase to you guys for this already.

Enjoy:

We are still looking for people to help code SP version. Our FiveM version is moving along nicely and we would love to bring it to SP. So if you are knowledgeable please join the discord to help this project!

2 hours ago, JnKTechstuff said:

Demos are coming soon, we have the basics of FiveM working. Once we have the cars setup how we want we will transition into SP. Then everything will be cross-compatible.

20181127003638_1.jpg

20181127003708_1.jpg

20181127003719_1.jpg

Looks and sounds good 🙂 Glad to see someone developing the lights

luminous2.thumb.png.3a56c69d51f73f489dae99be8bfead6d.png

Status update:

- FiveM project is now being written in C#

- More developers on board

There is now truly a "team" working on this. We have 10 people working on this project to bring the best. We hope to be beta testing NEXT WEEK! 
Also while this is being written in C# it allows us to port it to SP VERY easily. So we will most likely simultaneously release both SP and MP versions. We will be getting a video tutorial up soon on how to build the cars so there are more than the 3 we will be releasing personally. If you want to get notified of updates first it happens on our discord here. We do try to keep the forums updates ASAP.