Lordani66

Red Dead Redemption 2 - am I the only one not hyped that much about it?

I can't lie, I am not thrilled about RDR2 coming out. It's not the same as it is always when the GTA is near it's release... I don't feel that thrill, I am not moved, I am not thinking about this game. When I look at the pictures and trailers, sure, it looks awesome, but TBH that's it... I am definatelly pre ordering it because I know R* does awesome games, but I can't help this fact that I don't understyand many people's excitement over this title - I have seen many comments under the last trailer of RDR2 on YT stating "RDR>GTA", etc. And I really don't know why do people think that way. With GTA, current days, etc. you are able to do so much more in the game, the world is more relatable, etc... With RDR it's just yet another video game. IDK, what do you think? Are you too not hyped too much about this game? I really feel bland when I think about it :D.

I believe that the Red Dead Redemption from 2010 is a superior game to the Grand Theft Auto narrative, visually impressive (at the time), its artwork direction, and it's general premise was super rare. How many open world (GTA-style), third-person western video games are there other than the Red Dead series? None.

It's an under utilized genre that hasn't even had its surface scratched. 

After reading previews today (R* had a gameplay session for the press behind closed doors), this game sounds meticulously crafted with attention to detail. Pedestrians will even live their own lives, they will not be pretending to sweep the floor in an infinite cycle like most games. 

I'm sure it will be a good game, and I'm sure you will enjoy it. When October comes, and if you play it and don't absolutely love it, I give you permission to virtually slap me. 

10 hours ago, Original Light said:

Pedestrians will even live their own lives, they will not be pretending to sweep the floor in an infinite cycle like most games.

Didn't they say that for GTA V as well? Because we have seen the result, with pedestrians just sitting there or walking or answering a call. Doesn't feel really alive like peds could in a game like, Watch Dogs let's say.

1 hour ago, Hystery said:

Didn't they say that for GTA V as well? Because we have seen the result, with pedestrians just sitting there or walking or answering a call. Doesn't feel really alive like peds could in a game like, Watch Dogs let's say.

Yes. That was also said for IV. And for SA.

But knowing R* they will definatelly make it even better with each game (as that was the case previously).