Lee10

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert

There's just been an explosion at a concert in the greater Manchester area, 19 are dead, there could be more deaths, more details to come. 

RIP to all the victims. 

Edited by TheSandwichStealer

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

It breaks my heart to see this. I just think its really sad. You should be able to go out, explore and have fun without the threat of terrorism. There were a lot of teens at that concert. It's sickening.  People are destroying there own future. :-(.

Threat level has been increased to 'CRITICAL' - highest it's been in a decade. 

Soldiers are being deployed to help protect key locations/events & will be placed under police command as part of what is being called 'Operation Temperer'.

Edited by Constable Lego

My condolences are with the victims of this horrible tragedy, and it's a shame that innocent lives were lost in this cowardice and senseless attack.

That's just how cowardly these terrorists are. They target those that can't defend themselves, innocent young girls that are out enjoying music from pop artists. A lot of those girls probably don't even understand what's going on, that's how young a lot of them appeared to be. I can't even imagine how it must feel, as a parent, sitting at home not knowing where your children are. The children probably don't know where they are either, it's really an awful situation. 

They continue to target the innocent and defenseless because they know that the armed forces of allied countries altogether would fuck them up in a heartbeat, it's pathetic.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

Manchester attack protocol:

1) Islam has nothing to do with terrorism.

2) The man was a lonewolf.

3) If you claim otherwise #1 and #2, you're a racist bigot freak.

4) Post a profile pic on Facebook using the flag of the country where the attack happened as filter.

5) Hold a march with candles and flowers around the streets with the Muslims living in your city.

6) Wait for the next attack.

7) Repeat.

Edited by badass22

3 hours ago, badass22 said:

4) Post a profile pic on Facebook using the flag of the country where the attack happened as filter.

5) Hold a march with candles and flowers around the streets with the Muslims living in your city.

6) Wait for the next attack.

7) Repeat.

Don't be a removed.

2 hours ago, badass22 said:

@Constable Lego It always goes on like this. Same for the Parliament attack in London, the Berlin market attack, Nice, Paris, and the list goes on and on.

What did it change?

Again, don't be a removed. 

Using the deaths of 22 people ~ 2 days after an attack to push a political agenda is abhorrent. 

I presume you can read? Members of the armed forces have been placed under police command. That's what we're doing. 

I'm not going to bother engaging with you anymore. 

Wrong time of the year too - exam time. Supposed to be a reprive to some - in the end, it only hurt them more, some physically.

It rather did hit me hard, as it is in a critical part of my life. For the whole of yesterday, there was this weird feeling in my stomach - a feeling of sorrow, maybe, a feeling that I just couldn't do anything. And once again, the school frankly doesn't care.

Why does GTA modding hate me?!

met-ssq-banner.png.103ff56432d9f43b3fb6c09822e0e399.png

31 minutes ago, Hullian111 said:

Wrong time of the year too - exam time. Supposed to be a reprive to some - in the end, it only hurt them more, some physically.

It rather did hit me hard, as it is in a critical part of my life. For the whole of yesterday, there was this weird feeling in my stomach - a feeling of sorrow, maybe, a feeling that I just couldn't do anything. And once again, the school frankly doesn't care.

Were you at the concert last night?

Killing inoccent people. An act i still don't understand, even after my 4 year career as a police officer. 

I pray for the victims.

33 minutes ago, badass22 said:

Were you at the concert last night?

Nope, don't go to concerts, but it was quite a punch in the gut, almost literally.

I was listening to Viking 2 on the way to school, just after I had taken out my headphones, and the presenter's kid asked the presenter that morning via text "Daddy, what's going on? I'm scared."

I think that ruined the whole day for me.

Why does GTA modding hate me?!

met-ssq-banner.png.103ff56432d9f43b3fb6c09822e0e399.png

There's an unsettling feeling around Manchester, you don't truly realise how horrific acts like these affect a community, a city. Until they happen in the place were you live. When you see attacks on the news it feels so far away in France, Germany and Belguim and the threat doesn't feel truly real.

As more news comes out about the attack it gets even more unsettling. I know people who were there, my friends, family of colleagues. Even I could have been right outside that night if I had met my friend after they finished work.  I went to the vigil yesterday and the city felt different.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

5 hours ago, badass22 said:

6) Wait for the 

Do you mind elaborating a little bit on how exactly blaming Islam would make someone a racist? Last I checked, Islam wasn't a race. When you use such a historically important word so loosely, it loses its true value and meaning. 

2 hours ago, Riley24 said:

darkness-cannot-drive-out-darkness2.jpg

That was an intelligent, amazing, blessed man. I respect what he fought for and his word, but I disagree with this particular quote in reference to terrorism.

I challenge you to ask victims of terrorism how much they love the attacker. Ask them if they forgive the attacker. I guarantee you, off television, you won't get any positive responses. How can I love and forgive a man that rapes, murders, mutilates, burns, hangs, and beheads innocent people? How would I forgive a man that raped my mother? Or burned my wife in a cage? Or beheaded my children in the middle of the street in broad daylight? This isn't a civil rights movement, this is an attack on all of us and what we hold dear to us.

I agree, fight hate with hate, that doesn't solve anything. We need to fight hate with bullets, that's much more effective. I'll show how much I love putting them out of this planet so that people don't have to suffer and fear for their lives. It's ridiculous that children are being targeted. It's cowardly, and it pisses me the hell off. I have no love or forgiveness for terrorists, they need to be put down. They don't deserve to be on this planet, and I'd place money that the parents of the girls that lost their lives would agree.

Edited by TheDivineHustle

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

8 minutes ago, TheDivineHustle said:

Do you mind elaborating a little bit on how exactly blaming Islam would make someone a racist? Last I checked, Islam wasn't a race. When you use such a historically important word so loosely, it loses its true value and meaning. 

That was an intelligent, amazing, blessed man. I respect what he fought for and his word, but I disagree with this particular quote in reference to terrorism.

I challenge you to ask victims of terrorism how much they love the attacker. Ask them if they forgive the attacker. I guarantee you, off television, you won't get any positive responses. How can I love and forgive a man that rapes, murders, mutilates, burns, hangs, and beheads innocent people? How would I forgive a man that raped my mother? Or burned my wife in a cage? Or beheaded my children in the middle of the street in broad daylight? This isn't a civil rights movement, this is an attack on all of us and what we hold dear to us.

We don't need to fight hate with hate, that doesn't help anything. We need to fight hate with bullets. I'll show how much I love putting them out of this planet so that people don't have to suffer and fear for their lives. It's ridiculous that children are being targeted. It's cowardly, and it pisses me the hell off. I have no love or forgiveness for terrorists, they need to be put down. They don't deserve to be on this planet, and I'd place money that the parents of the girls that lost their lives would agree.

Its not about loving the attacker, its about loving your neighbors, and your Muslim friends. Its about loving and welcoming isolated communities (like the one this attacker lived in in Manchester). We can't bomb extremism, we can't put a travel ban on an ideology. You can't bomb "terror",  you can only bomb people. And bombing people only breeds more terror. The only productive we can do is address the sociological reasons why people are driven to groups like ISIS.

Further isolating Muslim communities is immensely counterproductive, hence why I shared the MLK quote.

7 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

The only productive we can do is address the sociological reasons why people are driven to groups like ISIS.

Further isolating Muslim communities is immensely counterproductive, hence why I shared the MLK quote.

We don't isolate them, they isolate themselves, as I've said below.

Its not about loving the attacker, its about loving your neighbors, and your Muslim friends.

It's not the person that I have an issue with, it's the ideology.

Its about loving and welcoming isolated communities (like the one this attacker lived in in Manchester).

They are isolated because they choose to be isolated. They don't want to assimilate, they want society to accommodate to their ideology, which is incompatible with western civilization. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a nasty fact that people keep denying.

We can't bomb extremism, we can't put a travel ban on an ideology. You can't bomb "terror",  you can only bomb people.

We can't bomb extremism, but we can bomb the breeding ground and "headquarters" of it, thus aiding the end of terror. Bombs may not be the most appropriate course of action, but doing nothing and acting as though the issue doesn't exist is definitely worse.

And bombing people only breeds more terror.

Anyone that would even consider joining ISIS needs to be exiled, they've got some sort of mental issue altogether if they think that joining ISIS is an OK thing to do.

57 minutes ago, TheDivineHustle said:

We don't isolate them, they isolate themselves, as I've said below.

Which is why we need to welcome them into our communities, and do everything we can to make them feel welcome. 

It's not the person that I have an issue with, it's the ideology.

You have an issue with Islam as a whole? There's a term for that, yknow...

They are isolated because they choose to be isolated. They don't want to assimilate, they want society to accommodate to their ideology, which is incompatible with western civilization. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a nasty fact that people keep denying.

Of course immigrants want to be around other immigrants. That's why in NYC, where I'm from, there's a Chinatown and Little Italy. And saying that Islam is incompatible with western civilization is stupid. You probably heard that from some alt-right nutjob. There are around 3.3 million practicing Muslims in the United States. So you get up in arms when people make generalizations about cops, but not the millions of Muslims in America? Do you even know anything about Islam? Can you quote a single verse of the Quran without having to google "bad Islam verses"? 

We can't bomb extremism, but we can bomb the breeding ground and "headquarters" of it, thus aiding the end of terror. Bombs may not be the most appropriate course of action, but doing nothing and acting as though the issue doesn't exist is definitely worse.

You don't get it, dude. You can't kill ideology with bombs. We've been doing that for 17 years now, how has that worked for us? We created ISIS through the instability we created in the middle east, and that's a well-known fact.

And for Christ's sake, you and some of the dumber Republican politicians always talk about how we should bomb the ISIS headquarters. Don't you think we've been doing that this whole time? Has it worked? Its not that easy. We will NEVER be able to drop enough bombs to end terror. We have to address fundamentalism, and the sociological factors that lead people to it.

Anyone that would even consider joining ISIS needs to be exiled, they've got some sort of mental issue altogether if they think that joining ISIS is an OK thing to do.

And how do you propose we screen every Muslim for radical ideology without violating their rights?

Edited by Riley24

23 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

So you get up in arms when people make generalizations about cops, but not the millions of Muslims in America?

Yes, because the Police deserve my respect and appreciation. Islam does not.They're the whole reason that I can live my life safe and sound each day without fear of falling victim to a senseless crime. And if I do fall victim to crime, I'm confident that the situation will be resolved in an efficient and timely manner, and that's how everyone should feel about law enforcement. I won't sit by and allow someone to generalize all law enforcement officers based on the actions of a few.

The difference is that the actions of Muslim terrorists are based directly off of their ideology, what they live by on a daily basis. The actions of corrupt police officers are based directly off of their own decision to make a bad choice.

Do you even know anything about Islam? Can you quote a single verse of the Quran without having to google "bad Islam verses"? 

I know plenty about Islam, which is why I've grown to dislike it personally. The less I know about Islam, the more I like it. If I don't Bing verses from Islam.... how else would I know anything about Islam? I'm not going to go spend money on the book, lol. Just because I don't love Islam doesn't make me a bigot "racist"...lol. 

You ask me if I know anything about Islam. I ask you, have you ever been deployed to Afghanistan? Iraq? Have you ever witnessed the horror of this in person?

"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and 
kill those who disbelieve in Allah."  

Muhammad (Ibn Ishaq 992)

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who
disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads 
and strike off every fingertip of them." 

"Allah"(Quran 8:12)

It doesn't take a college level research project to find the hate ingrained in the ideology.

Of course immigrants want to be around other immigrants. That's why in NYC, where I'm from, there's a Chinatown and Little Italy. And saying that Islam is incompatible with western civilization is stupid. You probably heard that from some alt-right nutjob. There are around 3.3 million practicing Muslims in the United States.

That's not what I'm saying. Obviously, people are going to reside in areas where the same culture is shared, that's everybody. When these people come into our countries, these refugees, they don't want to assimilate. They want us to accommodate, and that's not how it works. Either you adjust to the nation you're in, or you leave.

You have an issue with Islam as a whole? There's a term for that, yknow...

Yes, I do have an issue with Islam. The more research I conduct on the religion, the more I want to rid it from the planet. If you were knowledgeable about the religion and its true form, you'd feel similarly.

You don't get it, dude. You can't kill ideology with bombs. We've been doing that for 17 years now, how has that worked for us? We created ISIS through the instability we created in the middle east, and that's a well-known fact.

It may not be the best option, but it's more effective than doing absolutely nothing.

23 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

And for Christ's sake, you and some of the dumber Republican politicians always talk about how we should bomb the ISIS headquarters. Don't you think we've been doing that this whole time? Has it worked? Its not that easy. We will NEVER be able to drop enough bombs to end terror. We have to address fundamentalism, and the sociological factors that lead people to it.

That's not a suggestion exclusive to the Republican Party, friend.

I feel as though we've veered off course here. Someone decided to advance their political agenda in the wake of a horrifying attack by a terrorist, and it triggered me, admittedly. I'll go ahead and end the debate here, as to prevent any sort of issue with moderation.

Edited by TheDivineHustle