IndianaisMyState

Dallas Officers Fired Upon at a BLM Protest (Updated 12:57 AM EST)

Fox News LIVE Video: http://video.foxnews.com/v/2553565094001/kdfw---local-coverage-of-police-shot-in-dallas/?#sp=watch-live

Fox News Article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/07/two-police-officers-reportedly-shot-during-dallas-protest.html

Link from @stateless http://www.wfaa.com/news/protests-of-police-shootings-in-downtown-dallas/266814422

According to OFFICAL reports 3 Police Officers are dead, 2 in Surgery, 3 in Critical.  They were killed by SINPERS. Not even man enough to go face to face. 10 Officers shot. I am disgusted by this. Prayers to Dallas PD and DART. Will update with links when I get them.

Update: 4 Officers dead 3 Dallas PD, 1 DART.

Update (12:00 AM EST): 11 Officers Shot, 3 Killed 2 Dallas PD Killed, 1 DART Killed, 1 Citizen Wounded. They are believed to also have threatened to plant bombs in the city. Some Officer's shot in the back.

Update (12:13 AM EST): A Fourth Officer has now been killed. (Tweeted by DallasPD)

Update (12:31 AM EST): Suspect in Twitter photos has reportedly turned himself in according to Fox News

Update (12:35 AM EST): Person in Camo turned himself in, 2nd Suspect reported to be in shootout with DPD Swat, now in custody, Suspicious Device found near Shootout location.

Update (12:57 Am EST): ALL SUSPECTS ARE IN CUSTODY ACCORDING TO FOX NEWS! THE DANGER TO THE PUBLIC HAS PASSED!

Twitter Posts in spoiler (Check Update (12:31 AM)).: 

Edited by IndianaisMyState

The narrative that will be pushed is "See? BLM is a hate group and area a bunch of cop killers". But what I think is an even better narrative, is isn't it crazy that we live in a country where its so easy to do something like this? Its sickening. Mentally ill people can choose to do this. This was an organized attack by multiple gunmen, not a deranged protester that wanted to go out guns blazing. There have always been cop killers, and there always will be. BLM does not have membership, anyone that kills cops because they're mad that cops kill people clearly isn't mentally capable of understanding that sick irony. They're not BLM protesters, they're cop killers.. It doesn't reflect the message of the movement, just as when right-wingers kill cops it doesn't reflect their message of small government. Just felt obligated to bring this up, since I know that hatred for BLM is already spurring.

Edited by Riley24

The Police Chief believe that one of the suspects may have also planted bombs around the part of the city that the shooting occurred.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

2 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

The narrative that will be pushed is "See? BLM is a hate group and area a bunch of cop killers". But what I think is an even better narrative, is isn't it crazy that we live in a country where its so easy to do something like this? Its sickening. Mentally ill people can choose to do this. This was an organized attack by multiple gunman, not a protester that wanted to go out guns blazing. There have always been cop killers, and there always will be. BLM does not have membership, anyone that kills cops because they're mad that cops kill people clearly isn't mentally capable of understanding that sick irony. They're not BLM protesters, they're cop killers.. It doesn't reflect the message of the movement, just as when right-wingers kill cops it doesn't reflect their message of small government. Just felt obligated to bring this up, since I know that hatred for BLM is already spurring.

I am sorry, but I don't get why you're defending BLM. They only protest for 'black rights' when a white kills them. Black on black crime is an extremely large problem in this country, and it has turned once beautiful cities like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit into wastelands. Black leaders ignore these problems, and do nothing about it (at least nothing big which makes the news). In fact, the black leaders are more focused on replacing a statue of George Washington (I think that's who it is) with Michael Brown at a University.

I know the message that Black Lives Matter is trying to display, but they do it in a horrible fashion.

Also, by your logic, if those snipers were not BLM protestors, then the officer which killed Alton was not a cop, just another murderer. So, BLM shouldn't be protesting in the first place. I know you mean good at heart, but BLM will never be something I and many others will see in a good way.

RIP to the officers.

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING to see that asshole walking around with his rifle smiling. That guy is mentally ill, and he's walking around with a fucking rifle. Jesus Christ. How have we not learned this lesson yet?

2 minutes ago, tanu1215 said:

I am sorry, but I don't get why you're defending BLM. They only protest for 'black rights' when a white kills them. Black on black crime is an extremely large problem in this country, and it has turned once beautiful cities like Chicago, Baltimore, and Detroit into wastelands. Black leaders ignore these problems, and do nothing about it (at least nothing big which makes the news). In fact, the black leaders are more focused on replacing a statue of George Washington (I think that's who it is) with Michael Brown at a University.

I know the message that Black Lives Matter is trying to display, but they do it in a horrible fashion.

Also, by your logic, if those snipers were not BLM protestors, then the officer which killed Alton was not a cop, just another murderer. So, BLM shouldn't be protesting in the first place. I know you mean good at heart, but BLM will never be something I and many others will see in a good way.

RIP to the officers.

I'd like to see the BLM response to this incident. Maybe they'll remain silent. Only black lives matter, of course.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

2 minutes ago, Riley24 said:

ABSOLUTELY SICKENING to see that asshole walking around with his rifle smiling. That guy is mentally ill, and he's walking around with a fucking rifle. Jesus Christ. How have we not learned this lesson yet?

I dont get why NO ONE CALLED A POLICE OFFICER WHEN THEY SAW A GUY WALKING AROUND WITH A GUN!

8 minutes ago, tanu1215 said:

That's another topic for another thread, the "black on black crime" talking point has been thoroughly discussed before and frankly I don't care to start that again. BLM was formed because black individuals are disproportionately killed by police, and because our justice system unfairly targets minorities. THAT is their message. Anything else is bullshit that's been lost in a game of telephone among conservative media. 

No, thats not a fair analogy. The cop was a uniformed cop being paid by the department. BLM does not have membership.

6 minutes ago, TheDivineHustle said:

I'd like to see the BLM response to this incident. Maybe they'll remain silent. Only black lives matter, of course.

I absolutely guarantee the killers will be condemned by the movement, I'll personally PM you their response just to prove it to you. 

Edited by Riley24

4 minutes ago, IndianaisMyState said:

I dont get why NO ONE CALLED A POLICE OFFICER WHEN THEY SAW A GUY WALKING AROUND WITH A GUN!

Texas is an open-carry state

Just now, tanu1215 said:

It's Texas, it's an open carry state.

I know that, but him in all camo, walking with a LONG RIFLE is a bit suspicious no matter open carry or not. I support open carry 100% but that dude was a bit suspicious.

2 minutes ago, IndianaisMyState said:

I know that, but him in all camo, walking with a LONG RIFLE is a bit suspicious no matter open carry or not. I support open carry 100% but that dude was a bit suspicious.

opencarrycoloradosprings630.jpg

Not nearly as suspicious as this guy.

10 minutes ago, TheSandwichStealer said:

Has something like this ever happened in your country?

Two Victorian police officers were ambushed and killed by a biker gang back in 1988, but that's about it. Our last mass shooting was in '96, and the last time an officer was murdered in my state was in 1979.

Correction, there was another murder of two Victorian officers in 1998 too. However that was the last murder of police officers in Australia, see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_major_crimes_in_Australia

Edited by Illusionyary

6 minutes ago, IndianaisMyState said:

You have a point, but I remember what that was from and know why he did it. But yea.

Open carry is inherently suspicious. Any alert person sees a guy with a gun and starts to question whats going on. 

Update: 4th officer has been pronounced dead. This was an organized mass shooting.

Edited by Riley24

An injured officer was just declared dead. It has risen to 11 officers shot, 2 in critical condition and 4 dead.

How come BLM don't protest when a black cop is shot? Does his life not matter too?

These days equality doesn't mean equality. It means we want what we're fighting for, and screw everyone else.

RIP to the officers that died, and hopefully the shooters get caught.

SkillfulCorpse

Join my Discord for support! https://discord.gg/dD2fPzA Don't PM me for help.

1 minute ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

How come BLM don't protest when a black cop is shot? Does his life not matter too?

These days equality doesn't mean equality. It means we want what we're fighting for, and screw everyone else.

RIP to the officers that died, and hopefully the shooters get caught.

EXACTLY! They don't care, they only care when its a Armed/Unarmed Black Civilian. They don't care if he just punched a officer and reached for his weapon. They just don't care, and its stupid.