Steven454

Downgrade gta 5

So there is so way to get downgraded??

Not even if somebody can share the Downgrade/upgrade files??

I also have a backup of the old version on Ragehook but i do upgrade it to that version it doesn't work..

1 minute ago, Steven454 said:

Not even if somebody can share the Downgrade/upgrade files??

Not allowed, by the way.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg.0f9745931d72712d1eea69596ea975fd.jpg

Class 317 pictured at Stratford in 1998, bound for Ilford EMU Depot in Ex-Network South East livery.

I live in the UK. This means I will respond the most from 3-11pm BST/GMT. Do not contact for support here or through Discord.
Discord: generic train man#7633 --------------- Youtube: The Starmix

So i have to wait untill Ragehook upgrades his version? :(

But why cant i get back to my backup that i automatischly made on Ragehook?

Edited by Steven454

@Starmix what if someone (myself) does have the last updates backed up but was forced to upgrade? How do you downgrade and play? I have GTAVLauncher, GTAV.exe, and update.rpf

When I try to play it says SocialClub cannot be verified in offline mode. Quit Game.

1 minute ago, ToastinYou said:

@Starmix what if someone (myself) does have the last updates backed up but was forced to upgrade? How do you downgrade and play? I have GTAVLauncher, GTAV.exe, and update.rpf

When I try to play it says SocialClub cannot be verified in offline mode. Quit Game.

I had the same problem now i cant play anymore WTF 

1 hour ago, ToastinYou said:

I posted about this before but you have to be quick. I highly reccomend if you try this have a entire backup of it all ( and I mean the entire game with your mods intact cloned over to a different drive or copied to a new directory yes it'll eat space but hey) Using only your gta v launcher and connected to the internet with enabled firewall settings to stop gta v from downloading run the gta v launcher only. Now in the past it'll do a pre update you cannot avoid this from what I found use to only update the launcher itself and add folders for the actual update into the gta v directories and dlc areas. It isn't large a fast around 50 to 90 mb download that'll kick right away. Then it'll ask to validate. you sign in to validate. Enter your password and login credentials. Click the auto sign in. Be ready to unplug from the internet! It'll be validating and that's all you need it to do. It'll then jump to the download screen. Yank that connection fast. You can yank it off prior but you have to let it validate the timing must be right and DO NOT connect to the net while playing gta v even with rage and lspdfr.  Should be good to go in offline until this process starts again in a few days or so. Now unless they did a fast one and punched the actual update into the launcher prior to validating rather then being a pre buffer update I call it with just a few empty files in the dlc folders and launcher then idk. I doubt this though as if they allowed the game to auto update prior to any validating illegal copies would also update and become legit. So I doubt they did a update immediately priot to saying hey i have a legsl copy. In past and I can prove it I have another machine running rph 28 and lspdfr 0.2b. It would once you launch the gta v launcher do a initial pre update that is fast and not very big you would see the pre launch/validate folders empty in the dlc files. Then it'll go to validation for social club. Enter your user name and password and auto check box. Then press login let it be only online long enough to validate then right before the screen that says something like downloading update files yank your connection. I did this late late last night and it worked still. Unless they took risk and did away with validating the serial number and legit copy (which I highly doubt) this method should work. If it doesn't then they took a huge risk by not validating legal copies after the login screen and allowing any copy to download full dlc updates which isn't good at all. Just once you get running do not connect to the Internet at all unless your game is shutdown and exited completely. 

To the OP of original question if you have wibdows or any type of system backup running in the background you could possibly attempt to restore your machine to a earlier point of the gta v being the old copy. This depends om a few things and type of backup program you use or windows restore points. It must be a full restore point prior to any changes after your update and the restore point can not have been re updated itself after detecting a install. If your lucky and have a full restore point that has backed everything up it may work for you. I never had this issue though so I cannot be certain if it'll work with gta v but has for other applications in past.

If you have your entire directory of the game saved and copied somewhere you could do what I did once and copy the backup from drive 2 back to drive 1 and re writ over the non working updates. You'll need to make sure you have the rock* folders from the users/documents also. You most likley will have to validate once it runs but doing the above validate and run ( validate and get out of dodge fast meaning yank that net connection and keep it off) method has worked in past.

IMPORTANT: (this is for those who did not update and validated but got hit with a corrupt message rage not finding gtavplay.exe) I went ahead and re validated all my copies just now. The launcher pre update from what I can tell removes gtavplay.exe or at least it did on all my pcs (retail version) from your directory preparing it for the latest update that downlaods and auto install updates which the pre update gets things ready for a install download and update. if you do not update which you don't want to after signing in validating and going off the net (disconnected) place your backup copy of gtavplay.exe back in the main gta v directory and your good to go. Do this if you did not fully update to the latest haggle that rock * released and if it gives a corrupted file system message while trying to run rage not finding gtavplay.exe  and then run rage it should work. Check to see if any other files were removed during this process. The only one that it did not do this to (remove my gtavplay.exe) was my latest gta v and 0.3.1 and rage etc prior to the big dlc update early today/late last night. Basically the last version most of us were running on.

Edited by Azteco
Final details.