[REL] Coastal Callouts Discussion Thread

coastal callouts sounds like a different name for lifeguard callouts... Baywatch comes to mind here...

could have drownings, shark bite (?), alcohol poisoning (?) EMS related but lifeguards should always know CPR :) ), lost child (dont know if there are child peds), dog bites (?), jellyfish sting (?), suicide attempt of a cliff somewhere maybe (?), I dont know how you would implement this, but its a start

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MODS..THEY'RE CALLED READMEs   AKA read me for a reason

lspdfr plugin or GTA V crashed? find your Rage log in your gta folder, usually found after ragepluginhook.exe and open it, hit Ctrl a, open pastebin.com, select new paste, hit Ctrl v, get the link after you pasted it and supply that with your issue in the specific mod topic, it helps the developer diagnose the problem you may have.

3 minutes ago, Quakex64 said:

coastal callouts sounds like a different name for lifeguard callouts... Baywatch comes to mind here...

could have drownings, shark bite (?), alcohol poisoning (?) EMS related but lifeguards should always know CPR :) ), lost child (dont know if there are child peds), dog bites (?), jellyfish sting (?), suicide attempt of a cliff somewhere maybe (?), I dont know how you would implement this, but its a start

Those are all some good ideas. There'll definitely be some law enforcement callouts tol though. Think drug smuggling, pirate attack, terrorists in port, illegal fishing, weapons smuggling, drunk boaters, marine pollution, etc. 

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

[REL] Better EMS: Realistic and dynamic EMS response

Join the Parks Benefactor Program to support my work and get early beta access!

I get it it. so, Illegal importing, drug trafficking, illegal car exporting, (human trafficking, (I dont know about that)) oil boat tampering, Gas tanker hijacking..

Edited by Quakex64

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MODS..THEY'RE CALLED READMEs   AKA read me for a reason

lspdfr plugin or GTA V crashed? find your Rage log in your gta folder, usually found after ragepluginhook.exe and open it, hit Ctrl a, open pastebin.com, select new paste, hit Ctrl v, get the link after you pasted it and supply that with your issue in the specific mod topic, it helps the developer diagnose the problem you may have.

3 minutes ago, Quakex64 said:

I get it it. so, Illegal importing, drug trafficking, illegal car exporting, (human trafficking, (I dont know about that)) oil boat tampering, Gas tanker hijacking..

Exactly. In fact, gas tanker... there's a good idea. 

I plan to eventually use the yachts and possibly even aircraft carrier, as well as the ships in port, as areas to have callouts take place in. 

[REL] Coastal Callouts: An action-packed mod with new vehicles, maps, capabilities, and callouts in and around the waters of Los Santos

[REL] Police Tape: Make your scenes more realistic while stopping peds and traffic

use some kind of coast guard thing for sinking or stranded boats/sailors, also could do, maybe not a callout, but an option somehow to search the cause of why a boat sank (there are two submersabiles in game) and have to find the clues then arrest the assailant, or something like a suicide callout, have to prevent them from blowing it up and 60/40 chance it will)...hope this gets done soon, glad I could post opinions.. I can wait.. have yet to have a successful day with lspdfr running

Edited by Quakex64

12 minutes ago, Quakex64 said:

hope this gets done soon

Complex, dynamic, interesting callouts take a lot of time to develop. Albo's Assorted Callouts bank heist callout took months to develop, and he's got a lot more experience modding than I do. So, it will be quite some time before these callouts are available. But, when they are ready, I hope they are worth the wait!

sorry, the anticipation preceded me

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that USCG will play a big role on this callout. In USCG, I believe that not only they are the role in enforcing the law, but they are also the role for rescue missions in the sea.

There are a lot of possibilities that can happen in the oceans. For instance, if it's about law enforcement, there can be callouts like shootouts on yachts, speed boat pursuits, illegal drug trafficking, stolen boat, execute arrest warrants in terminals...

If it's about rescue, shark attack, drowning civilian, boat fire, boat crash etc can be considered in the callouts.

I hope coastal callouts will include both elements of rescue and enforcement.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this is still active in progress by @PNWParksFan.... I sure hope so :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Quakex64 said:

I hope this is still active in progress by @PNWParksFan.... I sure hope so :thumbsup:

I believe it is, I think he is also working on his Improved EMS Mod too

I would definitely be down for testing as I'm sure most people would. Of course you really want people that if they break their game, they know how to fix it too.

8 minutes ago, Kal74 said:

I believe it is, I think he is also working on his Improved EMS Mod too

Yep, I'm trying to get Better EMS released before I dive into development of Coastal Callouts. 

1 minute ago, PNWParksFan said:

Yep, I'm trying to get Better EMS released before I dive into development of Coastal Callouts. 

Then I shall wait patiently for news on Coastal Callouts, very excited for this.. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let people know, I'm actively working on this now. Now that Better EMS is released, this is my main focus for modding development. 

I don't want to give away too much about these callouts, as there'll be a certain element of surprise. But here are some things you can look forward to, all of which I've done some degree of specific testing to prepare for this mod, in broad terms:

• Yachts
  • Tugs
  • Aircraft carrier
  • Speed boats
  • Helicopter operations
  • Rappelling
  • Parachuting
  • Trains
  • Explosions
  • Fighter jets
  • Marine wildlife

Development is still in the early stages, so please be patient. I've done a lot of research and background work developing new tools for this callout pack. It won't be released for a while, but when it is, I think you'll like it!

On 01/05/2016 at 4:59 PM, PNWParksFan said:

I see what you did there... :turned:

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

On 5/1/2016 at 6:59 PM, PNWParksFan said:

Yeah we don't want to be shellfish and ignore Better EMS :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Stealth22 said:

I see what you did there... :turned:

Could you be a little more Pacific?  :pirate: