Peds stealing my car!!

Fiskey111

Hi everyone!
This is a strange one... With this new callout I'm working on (a revamp on my old Disturbance callout), every time I'm at the scene my car gets stolen by a random ped.  I searched and some people said it was (a while ago) just the game being GTA.  I don't know what to do to stop this since it's a dealbreaker!  I haven't noticed it happening in any other callout, so what could I have done to cause it now?

Thanks!

myVehicle.MakePersistent();    (or myVehicle.IsPersistent = true)

FYI...if you call myVeh.Dismiss(), I believe that function sets IsPersistent to false.

Edited by Stealth22

Stealth22
LSPDFR Tester | Plugin Developer
My Plugins: Code 3 Callouts | Traffic Control | Keep Calm | ALPR+

Please do not PM me for any kind of technical support.
I unfortunately do not have enough free time to answer every PM that I get. For issues with my plugins, please post in the comments section of the file, or it's forum thread. You'll get a much quicker response from me there than if you send me a PM; I do my best to respond to every question in the comments sections. For API/programming questions, please post them in the API Development forum, so all developers can benefit from the answer as well. Thanks!

I'm talking about my own personal vehicle that I'm driving, not a vehicle I spawned in the callout.

I'll try doing Game.LocalPlayer.Character.LastVehicle.MakePersistent() or something like that to see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, fiskey111 said:

I'm talking about my own personal vehicle that I'm driving, not a vehicle I spawned in the callout.

I'll try doing Game.LocalPlayer.Character.LastVehicle.MakePersistent() or something like that to see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

I have this problem also.

38 minutes ago, fiskey111 said:

Thanks!

You shouldn't make persistent vehicles that you don't have total control on them, what if the player change his vehicle after the callout? His old vehicle will stay there forever and the game won't deleted it. 
This usually happens when the game needs to free memory, if it only happens in your disturbance callout, it might be using more memory than what it should. I saw your video and you're using audios, maybe you have too many SoundPlayers loaded at once? Instead of having multiple SoundPlayer variables loaded all the time, try using:
using(SoundPlayer player = new SoundPlayer("yourSound.wav"))
       player.Play();

This will load the wav file, play it and dispose it so you won't be wasting memory when you don't need it.

This is only my assumption so if it doesn't work, I recommend the user to have one of the mods that have a make your personal vehicle persistent feature so he will know which mod make his vehicle persistent.

12 minutes ago, alexguirre said:

You shouldn't make persistent vehicles that you don't have total control on them, what if the player change his vehicle after the callout? His old vehicle will stay there forever and the game won't deleted it. 
This usually happens when the game needs to free memory, if it only happens in your disturbance callout, it might be using more memory than what it should. I saw your video and you're using audios, maybe you have too many SoundPlayers loaded at once? Instead of having multiple SoundPlayer variables loaded all the time, try using:
using(SoundPlayer player = new SoundPlayer("yourSound.wav"))
       player.Play();

This will load the wav file, play it and dispose it so you won't be wasting memory when you don't need it.

This is only my assumption so if it doesn't work, I recommend the user to have one of the mods that have a make your personal vehicle persistent feature so he will know which mod make his vehicle persistent.

Ahhh gotcha.  That's what it is definitely - I loaded all the ones for the argument right away when I chose which argument would be played.  I'll fix this!

Thank you so much!

Edited by fiskey111