AlconH

Could we get some uniformity across colours used in callouts?

I've noticed recently that every colour in the rainbow is being used for various different callouts and peds on the map. I had the idea to try and standardise these colours to make it a bit more useful to the player.

Something similar to this would be nice to see:

RED PEDS: Violent/Unstable/Injured (i.e immediate attention)
BLUE PEDS: Victims/Civilians (i.e. secondary attention, once red have been dealt with)
GREEN PEDS: Witnesses (i.e. passive, can be ignored if not needed)
YELLOW PEDS: Fellow Officers

In terms of routes:

RED ROUTES: Code 3/Emergency/Urgent Situations (Crime in progress / MVA / Shots Fired etc.)
YELLOW ROUTES: Code 2/Less Urgent (Broken Down Vehicles etc.)
GREEN ROUTES: Code 1/Non-Emergency (Welfare Checks etc.)

Obviously this could be changed upon discussion. 

Please, devs and players, let me know what you think of this sort of scheme... I think the more people adopt this sort of thing, the more their plugins will blend and merge together.

Edited by AlconH

7 minutes ago, AllenKennedy said:

I agree, at the moment it's a fucking hodgepodge of colors. But remember, fellow officers are normally shown as flashing red/blue.

Of course, but some custom spawned players by scripts aren't necessarily managed by LSPDFR and so will have a custom colour. For example, on the traffic stop assist callout.

57 minutes ago, AlconH said:

I've noticed recently that every colour in the rainbow is being used for various different callouts and peds on the map. I had the idea to try and standardise these colours to make it a bit more useful to the player.

Something similar to this would be nice to see:

RED PEDS: Violent/Unstable/Injured (i.e immediate attention)
BLUE PEDS: Victims/Civilians (i.e. secondary attention, once red have been dealt with)
GREEN PEDS: Witnesses (i.e. passive, can be ignored if not needed)
YELLOW PEDS: Fellow Officers

In terms of routes:

RED ROUTES: Code 3/Emergency/Urgent Situations (Crime in progress / MVA / Shots Fired etc.)
YELLOW ROUTES: Code 2/Less Urgent (Broken Down Vehicles etc.)
GREEN ROUTES: Code 1/Non-Emergency (Welfare Checks etc.)

Obviously this could be changed upon discussion. 

Please, devs and players, let me know what you think of this sort of scheme... I think the more people adopt this sort of thing, the more their plugins will blend and merge together.

I think I'll start using new colors:

Purple: If they're tall.
Pink: If they have a gun
Black: If it's a Code 4 emergency.

Haha, on another note.

The way I had thought about it and do it is the following:

Red Peds: Suspects/Criminals
Blue Peds: Fellow officers
Green Peds: EMS/Support Services

I do like the route idea though.  If other API developers are on board I'd definitely be willing to change to be consistent for both peds and routes.

1 hour ago, AlconH said:

Of course, but some custom spawned players by scripts aren't necessarily managed by LSPDFR and so will have a custom colour. For example, on the traffic stop assist callout.

Yeah, I wish I knew how to code gud. I keep having my plugin load, then time out, like, immediately.

I usually go with:

Red - Suspects
Yellow - Unknown/Generic
Green - Victim/Witness
Blue - Police

All the routes on mine are green, but I like the idea of coloring it based on it being a Code 2 or 3 response.

2 hours ago, fiskey111 said:

The way I had thought about it and do it is the following:

Red Peds: Suspects/Criminals
Blue Peds: Fellow officers
Green Peds: EMS/Support Services

I do like the route idea though.  If other API developers are on board I'd definitely be willing to change to be consistent for both peds and routes.

2 minutes ago, Stealth22 said:

I usually go with:

Red - Suspects
Yellow - Unknown/Generic
Green - Victim/Witness
Blue - Police

All the routes on mine are green, but I like the idea of coloring it based on it being a Code 2 or 3 response.

In that case, I'll get a group chat with the main devs so we can throw some ideas around. Then, we can write it up formally.... What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, AlconH said:

In that case, I'll get a group chat with the main devs so we can throw some ideas around. Then, we can write it up formally.... What do you guys think?

It's definitely a simple, easy change that won't take that much time to incorporate.  I think a big thing will have to be looking at each scenario for each callout pack and ensuring everything is covered.  Perhaps the findings can be pinned in the API Dev forum too.

6 minutes ago, fiskey111 said:

It's definitely a simple, easy change that won't take that much time to incorporate.  I think a big thing will have to be looking at each scenario for each callout pack and ensuring everything is covered.  Perhaps the findings can be pinned in the API Dev forum too.

Exactly, we just need to agree on what colours to use for what, and then create a topic with it in for devs to consult when choosing colours.

I'll send that PM now.

EDIT: It's limiting me to a max of 5 recipients at once. I'll create a new thread instead and tag the various devs in instead.

Edited by AlconH

30 minutes ago, AlconH said:

Exactly, we just need to agree on what colours to use for what, and then create a topic with it in for devs to consult when choosing colours.

I'll send that PM now.

EDIT: It's limiting me to a max of 5 recipients at once. I'll create a new thread instead and tag the various devs in instead.

Sounds good. And sorry, when I said blue for police, I meant "light blue". It looks better (especially for cops) than the "pure" blue (#0000FF). The regular blue can be used for something else, if we want.