Sign in to follow this  
Aquamenti

Adding vehicles.meta lines for an existing model

I'm having trouble replacing sheriff2 with what is supposed to be a standalone model. I added the vehicles.meta info for this model in the file under mpchristmas2, renaming its <modelName> to sheriff2. However, in-game, the car still acts like an SUV. 

The carvariations/sirens and vehicle models work fine.

It's because if your changing a stock car you wouldn't change the vehicles.meta in mpchristmas2. It's in a different location that I cannot remember right now. If no one has replied by the tie I get home from work, I can let you know the location of the vehicles.meta file.

olddutch is correct if you want to replace sheriff2 that would be in patchday3. mpchristmas2 is used often for adding additional cars not replacing stock ones.

Edited by TheDude

nope; stock police edits would be in mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5\vehicles.meta

the file you downloaded should have a readme that instructs you how to install the file.

Edited by TheDude

Nope, it was supposed to be a standalone, and installed in mpchristmas2.

Also, at least this part of vehicles.meta in mpchristmas2 actually worked; before adding the lines the interior was white:

<Item>
      <parent>vehicles_poltax_interior</parent>
      <child>sheriff2</child>
    </Item>

Edited by Aquamenti

oh ok sorry i thought you were trying to replace sheriff2, not add a standalone.  if you are adding a standalone it should have a unique name not one that the game already uses. for example my standalone sheriff car is named posheriff. sheriff2 is a model that already exists in the game its the sheriff SUV.

Edited by TheDude

No-no, you were right.. the creator intended it to be a standalone vehicle, however, I decided I want to see it used by other units in-game and replace sheriff2 with it. Unfortunately my expertise with carvariations and vehicles.meta have proven insufficient for such a task.

ah gotcha. replacing a stock car with one that is intended to be a standalone might hook ya up on some snags. id personally suggest adding it as the standalone with a unique name and using the law enforcement jurisdiction script to set up custom patrols since you can define it to use any custom cars you have. its a great script to have cars patrolling that normally would have no business spawning in the wild.