The latest updated version of RAGE Plugin Hook, required to play LSPDFR, can be found inside the LSPDFR download. It is not currently available on the RAGE Plugin Hook website.

[Feedback] Pursuit Backup Spawn Locations

TAR4C

53 minutes ago, Albo1125 said:

I've whipped up a script that prevents cops from automatically being added to pursuits, but still allows you to call for backup manually (much like the way 0.2 worked but with better spawns). If people would like me to upload it I'd happily do so.

Yusssssssssssssss

Remember: Always use a mods folder!

8 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

I've whipped up a script that prevents cops from automatically being added to pursuits, but still allows you to call for backup manually (much like the way 0.2 worked but with better spawns). If people would like me to upload it I'd happily do so.

One that would make officers and vehicles despawn once they're a fair distance away and/or stuck or unable to move at a sufficient speed during a pursuit would really be great.

GTA V barely has any police cars spawning in normal traffic.  If you have too many units joining in, are you sure you haven't added mods which makes them spawn in traffic?

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

19 hours ago, Albo1125 said:

Released here:

My YouTube: Click here. 

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/0taiZvBSiw5qGAXU

Useful post? Let me and others know by clicking the Like button.
Check out my many script modifications! 
Having issues? LSPDFR Troubleshooter by Albo1125.

On 24/1/2016 at 6:14 PM, Sam said:

GTA V barely has any police cars spawning in normal traffic.  If you have too many units joining in, are you sure you haven't added mods which makes them spawn in traffic?

I don't have any mod of that sort and I see quite a lot of units patrolling the city to be honest.

Where we're going, we don't need signatures.

• 4 weeks later...

Changes in 0.3.1

• Added configuration (.ini) option: 'MinimumBackupDistance' - this will be respected when dispatching backup units.

Thank you so much for adding this! Can't wait to use this. I was getting annoyed with backup units spawning 100m down the road in front of suspect!

• Management Team
8 minutes ago, teenspirit7 said:

Changes in 0.3.1

• Added configuration (.ini) option: 'MinimumBackupDistance' - this will be respected when dispatching backup units.

Thank you so much for adding this! Can't wait to use this. I was getting annoyed with backup units spawning 100m down the road in front of suspect!

Let me know how it works!

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

• Management Team
On 2/22/2016 at 1:39 PM, Unision said:

How do we utilise this feature? I can't see the ini setting for it.

Under "Main", add "MinimumBackupDistance" and assign a value (in metres) that backup should respect. Note that very high values may lead to no backup spawning at all.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

16 hours ago, LMS said:

Under "Main", add "MinimumBackupDistance" and assign a value (in metres) that backup should respect. Note that very high values may lead to no backup spawning at all.

Thanks for leading me to this thread.

How high would the value mess with spawning?

• Management Team
1 hour ago, DLM3 said:

Thanks for leading me to this thread.

How high would the value mess with spawning?

Depends on what parts of the game world have been loaded in advance, but usually 300+ will result in a lot less units.

16 hours ago, LMS said:

Depends on what parts of the game world have been loaded in advance, but usually 300+ will result in a lot less units.

Well, if it uses the same measurements as the game's default wanted spawning, 350 should work just fine. Does it use the same scale?

• Management Team
3 hours ago, The Loot said:

Well, if it uses the same measurements as the game's default wanted spawning, 350 should work just fine. Does it use the same scale?

It does, but it has to find a valid spawn point there.

Thanks for the clarification, I had actually set it to 300 before seeing your reply and it seemed to be fine (I mostly play in Los Santos so it might make it easier then) though I was considering increasing it to 400 as it seemed still a little too close to me.

Even with 300 if you are on a road in the county backup will spawn right ahead of the suspects which feels like an I-win button. I am trying to find a value that would make backup close to what they were in 0.2, honestly it was perfect for me, they would show up in a timely manner in the city and it could take a little longer outside... as it should be.

Edited by DLM3

4 hours ago, DLM3 said:

Thanks for the clarification, I had actually set it to 300 before seeing your reply and it seemed to be fine (I mostly play in Los Santos so it might make it easier then) though I was considering increasing it to 400 as it seemed still a little too close to me.

Even with 300 if you are on a road in the county backup will spawn right ahead of the suspects which feels like an I-win button. I am trying to find a value that would make backup close to what they were in 0.2, honestly it was perfect for me, they would show up in a timely manner in the city and it could take a little longer outside... as it should be.

Yeah, 0.2s backup spawning was perfect.