Cosmo

[REL] Cosmo's Lenco Variation

I had a poll in an old topic about what the community would like released and the results were Law Enforcement vehicles, more specifically a Bearcat.

After a long wait, it is finally ready for release! But don't worry, it's not the end. I will still continue to add unique features, bug fix, and create other versions.

Lenco Variation (RELEASED)

Work in Progress Versions in spoiler

Spoiler

v0.9

• Created proper LODs (L0-L3) for all of the important objects
  • Added the vanilla grill and rear lights (Made the rear lights slightly larger)
  • Windscreen now cracks

6lG3axG.jpg

q2rMemi.png

v0.7

• Dummies in the right places.
  • L0 near completion, proper LODs (L1, L2, etc.) will be created before release.
  • Finally got it in-game!

qS0XLHr.jpg

PZdMs01.jpg

v0.5

• GTA V Shaders applied.
  • Temporary (Default) headlights and other lighting added.

IYrH3hb.png

v0.4

• Finally got it mapped!
  • Tons of smaller details have been changed.
  • Interior and doors finished.

TDudTqy.png

v0.2

B1tmTz6.png

s77rfBW.png

*Since so many people have followed this thread, I have chose to take out the other cars, and devote this thread to the Bearcat, so that everyone that is following this thread does not get notifications about other cars they probably don't want to see.

Edited by Cosmo

10 hours ago, David112 said:

finally we're getting a bearcat to V ! Great work :smile:

Thanks! And I'll be testing out if I can get six guys in the back instead of having some of them hang on to the sides.

Work is still being done. The changes aren't instantly noticeable but I've spent tons of time working the inside and small details. The interior and doors are now finished and I'm finishing up the exterior and putting those finishing touches.

It's now mapped and the template is in the spoiler below so that anyone can make textures for it and have them ready when it's released.

(I also added a picture of it mapped in the first post)

Spoiler

HZltQt7.png

Next up are the headlights, taillights, and indicators.

Feel free to leave questions, suggestions, or comments.

Edited by Cosmo

4 minutes ago, David112 said:

Will it use the default lightbar?

Most likely on initial release, although I've scaled it down so that it does not go across the entire top.

I haven't done much with GTA V emergency lighting so that might take a bit for me to figure out, and I wouldn't want to make anyone wait while I mess with the lights.

4 minutes ago, Lundy said:

Neat bearcat. Will it be a DEV model? I'd love to make an LASD variant out of one of those.

Thanks! and most likely, then people who know more about the weird lighting can add some good lightbars and such.

Just curious, what would a LASD variant have?

Edited by Cosmo

Just now, Cosmo said:

Most likely, then people who know more about the weird lighting can add some good lightbars and such.

Just curious, what would a LASD variant have?

Good man.

The ones I know have the blocky RoboCop style lightbar on top with massive wig-wags mounted on the front.

5168398761_76e0c81759_b.jpg

14 hours ago, Lundy said:

Neat bearcat. Will it be a DEV model? I'd love to make an LASD variant out of one of those.

Bearcat isn't that old is it? I would have thought they would use the Chevy Stepvan in the 80's 

3 hours ago, officerAMR said:

Bearcat isn't that old is it? I would have thought they would use the Chevy Stepvan in the 80's 

Well I'd assume you people would like an unlocked model without pony decals all over it, too.

1 hour ago, Lundy said:

Well I'd assume you people would like an unlocked model without pony decals all over it, too.

Pony decals?

On 1/15/2016 at 10:01 AM, officerAMR said:

lol cheeky 

I'm still very confused lol. Is the bearcat going to have pony decals on it? xD

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I'm still very confused lol. Is the bearcat going to have pony decals on it? xD

Bx buggs CVPI brony stuff on his car

Ah okay, I get the pony reference now.

So the past few days have been pretty slow because I just got back to school and started a new semester, but it should pick up and it's getting pretty close now.

I've got temporary lights all finished and I think the vehicle textures/shaders are now GTA V ready. I just have to do some more tweaks and then hopefully it will be in-game. At which point, I'll probably be looking for someone (or a few someones) that wants to alpha test it, so that I can spend more time working on the model and less time finding the bugs.

New picture in the spoiler below, and I'll update the first post as well.

Spoiler

Don't mind the tires, they are fixed now.

IYrH3hb.png

What does everyone think about the rails? Should there be more of them, like on the sides or hood area, or no because they're kind of useless?

14 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

What does everyone think about the rails? Should there be more of them, like on the sides or hood area, or no because they're kind of useless?

Maybe you can put them on as extras.

5 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more handles. Based on images of newer bearcats, you could add one on either side of the hood aswell as either side of the windshield. 

I love it so far! Good to see progress, and I really like the handles. I may make an LAPD S.W.A.T. texture for it, but I've got 0 experience in that direction ^^

Oh, and if you still need some: I'd be happy to test the Bearcat! :D

Edited by GermanCommentGamer

Pretty big update, got the vehicle in-game finally.

There are less bugs than I expected, but there are also some I never would've expected.

Many screenshots are below and in the spoiler. Tell me what you think.

Spoiler

I added an indicator on the side view mirrors as well as in the regular spot

(Note: The headlights and indicators are most likely temporary for now until I can get some better ones.)

S8g0blX.jpg

Doors all work as expected and they seem to open on the hinges correctly.

PZdMs01.jpg

Minor bug, I believe I just have to most the taillight dummies closer to the car.

gz3D5Sk.jpg

dpkDW6R.jpg

They hang on too low because I wasn't quite sure how high to put the dummy, but that is an easy fix. I am also going to look into have more than two get into the back because I'd love to have 4-6 in the back and only have them on the sides for certain things. It's pretty unsafe for them out there on the freeway and such.

dne30O7.jpg

Using my own bearcat against me... how despicably genius.

sdBT8wi.jpg

Some textures don't look very HD and I will look into that.

q9cdB9n.jpg

qS0XLHr.jpg

What does everyone think about the general size of it? I was trying to make it slightly smaller than the vanilla Riot but not too small because it is still a fairly large vehicle.

Edited by Cosmo