Pedro Rios

Hardware Question for GTA IV

Hi there users!

I have a question related to my hardware and GTA IV. Ok My computer specs are the following;

CPU : Intel Pentium Dual Core Wolfdale (E6600) 3.06 Ghz

Memory: 4 GB Dual Channel (Soon will be 8GB)

Now I have GeForce 8400 GS (for playing it sucks badly)

I'm about to buy the GeForce 550 TI 1GB,

Is it good for GTA IV, I've seen a lot of videos and it seems working fine for people. But I wanna be 100 sure before buying it, with my system spec, If I buy it, it will run smooth right ? Let me know

I'm just waiting for smart replies to hit BUY NOW, it's on my shopping car online :) Or any suggestion, not to go more than 200$

:)

I have a GTX 560 ti and I run GTA with tons of mods + ENB and my game works perfect without lose FPS so it will work fin with a 550 ti

I have a GTX 560 ti and I run GTA with tons of mods + ENB and my game works perfect without lose FPS so it will work fin with a 550 ti

Nice thank you :)

Are my specs fine right ?

Right now I can't afford to update the CPU, I barely been using this new PC for a month..... I have another motherboard waiting to be made, it's socket 1155, so am going to put a i7 on it, but for now, I just want to enjoy GTA IV with decent frames, with my current specs, i can play the game but wow, at lower screen size and windowed ;-) like i can't understand the letters but i can play with the mod and have fun :) that's why I need a new GPU, so that GeForce 550 will help :) thanks guy for ur support.

Just go to Can You Run It and you can find out if you have a decent computer to run it smoothly or not.

I've been there, remember that is with the current hardware so, without the GPU it's useless don't you think ;-) That's why I made this topic because I didn't want to buy a GPU not worth it for the GTA IV :).

On minimum I pass everything except for GPU, on Recommended I pass everything except for CPU (want a quad) and GPU (of course)

So that mean with a good GPU i can run the game

Dude, I have the same EXACT E6600 Mobo, 8 GB Ram, and the GeForce 550 TI 1 GB, same Windows as you, and mine runs GREAT! I just got the GeForce and I LOVE it! Don't get me wrong, things could be more high-end here, but, this all runs just fine. You won't be disappointed with that graphics card!

Good luck!

Scott

Dude, I have the same EXACT E6600 Mobo, 8 GB Ram, and the GeForce 550 TI 1 GB, same Windows as you, and mine runs GREAT! I just got the GeForce and I LOVE it! Don't get me wrong, things could be more high-end here, but, this all runs just fine. You won't be disappointed with that graphics card!

Good luck!

Scott

OMG Thank you bro!! thanks to you

Edited by Pedro Rios

Hmm, the thing is that the 550 would work with my current power supply (I suppose it counts as a bottleneck, too0, but upgrading IS an idea.

I suppose, what wattage power supply do you currently have?

Also what make is it?

Not sure of the make (factory built HP is my shame), but its a 460w.

Regarding hardware, does anyone think the Radeon 6670 will be able to handle GTA V, assuming the requirements are higher than IV's?

You really don't want to be using any graphics card on that. It's more likely to blow up and take your Graphics card with it when being stressed than doing what it should.

I suggest buying a new 650W PSU from a good manufacturer such as corsair.

You really don't want to be using any graphics card on that. It's more likely to blow up and take your Graphics card with it when being stressed than doing what it should.

I suggest buying a new 650W PSU from a good manufacturer such as corsair.

Sounds about the same as I was thinking, thanks again for the advice.

No problem....

Also, even if you don't buy a GPU that requires 650W buy a PSU that is 650 so that you won't have to spend more money if you want to upgrade in the future.

No problem....

Also, even if you don't buy a GPU that requires 650W buy a PSU that is 650 so that you won't have to spend more money if you want to upgrade in the future.

Yeah, having a bit of breathing space is always a good thing.

I've bought the GeForce 550 ti 2GB DDR5, before that card, i was running fps of 15

Now, thanks to this baby!! I am running at 45 to 50 fps ! <3 I am loving this card. Thanks for those who helped.

I have a GTX 550 Ti Superclocked, and my game still skips a bit when settings are on high, yet i can run BF3 etc, perfectly fluid. So you can still expect some small problems, i upgraded from a 260 and both run around the same in GTA 4.