RyWilson

Thoughts on the Israeli/Palestinian issue

okay so i've been seething about this for a million years and i have noone to discuss politics with SOO...

am i the only one who is pulling for Palestine? I read the news and i just feel like hardly anyone knows anything about the palestines or the situation they are in. in my head i cant wrap my brain around why everyone is backing Israel so hard. what we know is that crazy palestinians have launched thousands of mortars into Israel and we know that Israel takes up full military incursions soon after. From my understanding, in all of the mortars launched hardly anyone is ever killed and hardly any property is ever hit. The vast majority have always fallen on unused land and some dont even detonate.

keeping that in mind, Israel launches offensives that literally kill thousands of people. Is that kind of response acceptable considering the actual damage from these mortars is relatively minor. Gaza has been destroyed twice in recent times. Billions upon billions of dollars..that the international community ends up bearing the responsbility of paying. So what in the hell is so dam important about Israel? They annexxed land from three countries and noone said a dam thing..Crimea was annexxed by Russia without a shot fired and they are on the verge of financial collapse..i am so sick of israel...or maybe im just sick of Netanyahu :/ anyone?

Wanna Roleplay with Me? Join me at kuffsgaming.com and we'll see ya there 😄

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERtCZWZE_HMciyLYJ2nYTg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rywilsongaming/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jg45042

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rywilson513/

You seem to be hating because "everyone else is". You should read up on the history and make an informed decision before you just go saying "I'm so sick of Israel".

But regardless of you being informed of their situation, did you know Palestinians (Hezbollah influenced ) use public executions and suicide bombing? Did you know that Hezbollah (terrorists from all over the ME) make up the majority of the so called "Freedom Fighters for Palestine"? Did you know that organization has ties to ISIS? 

I highly encourage you to read up on their formation and history from the 40s and make an informed opinion.

Edited by Pavelow

Jewish people were given a land with very defined borders after 1946 to avoid an holocaust. Since then, they kept expanding regardless of the borders they were given, oppressing the Palestinian people and pushing them always further until they eventually surrounded them in huge ghettos. My opinion is that Isreal deserves to be bombed by the Palestinian and the Hamas. Although the Hamas is kind of a "terrorist" organization (at least as terrorist as it is to fight the oppression), I am totally behind them, a hundred percent. I won't even mention the completely out-of-proportion counterattacks of Isreal. When they get 3 bombs and barely two or three Isreali die, they send tenth of bombers and kill tenth of Palestinian people.

So yeah, they oppressed a whole people, they get the payback, they have nothing to complain about. The thing is, they always play the card of the victimization when we are blaming them for something, always pulling the argument of "We've been persecuted during the war, bla bla bla". The thing is, muslims, homosexuals, mentally challenged people, alcoholics and nearly everyone that wasn't "normal" was persecuted during WWII, yet I don't hear them complaining about it.

Here's the map comparison over time:

four-panel-map.jpg

And let's be honest, do you people think it's normal that Israel navy put in place a blockus around Gaza to prevent anyone (by anyone, I mean Non-governmental organizations and humanitarian associations) from giving the innocent Palestinian civilians food and water? Because that's what they did not so long ago. It's criminal.

Edited by Hystery

You seem to be hating because "everyone else is". You should read up on the history and make an informed decision before you just go saying "I'm so sick of Israel".

But regardless of you being informed of their situation, did you know Palestinians (Hezbollah influenced ) use public executions and suicide bombing? Did you know that Hezbollah (terrorists from all over the ME) make up the majority of the so called "Freedom Fighters for Palestine"? Did you know that organization has ties to ISIS? 

I highly encourage you to read up on their formation and history from the 40s and make an informed opinion.

That is very common on this forum.

It takes a particularly intelligent person to hold a civilized political discussion with someone on the opposite side. 

Hezbollah and Hamas do perform some terrible things, as mentioned above. However, the sheer one-sidedness of this conflict is staggering. Israel has killed far more Palestinians, both militants and civilians, by a long shot. I don't see what Israel could have possibly imagined what would have happened when they took over the Palestinian lands with their settlements and forced them into smaller and smaller areas. 

Jewish people were given a land with very defined borders after 1946 to avoid an holocaust. Since then, they kept expanding regardless of the borders they were given, oppressing the Palestinian people and pushing them always further until they eventually surrounded them in huge ghettos. My opinion is that Isreal deserves to be bombed by the Palestinian and the Hamas. Although the Hamas is kind of a "terrorist" organization (at least as terrorist as it is to fight the oppression), I am totally behind them, a hundred percent. I won't even mention the completely out-of-proportion counterattacks of Isreal. When they get 3 bombs and barely two or three Isreali die, they send tenth of bombers and kill tenth of Palestinian people.

So yeah, they oppressed a whole people, they get the payback, they have nothing to complain about. The thing is, they always play the card of the victimization when we are blaming them for something, always pulling the argument of "We've been persecuted during the war, bla bla bla". The thing is, muslims, homosexuals, mentally challenged people, alcoholics and nearly everyone that wasn't "normal" was persecuted during WWII, yet I don't hear them complaining about it.

four-panel-map.jpg

And let's be honest, do you people think it's normal that Israel navy put in place a blockus around Gaza to prevent anyone (by anyone, I mean Non-governmental organizations and humanitarian associations) from giving the innocent Palestinian civilians food and water? Because that's what they did not so long ago. It's criminal.

You do realize that Israel didn't start this conflict, right? They were more or less herded there by the UN, and every country around them declared war on them. They've been fighting in defense of their country since they formed. They didn't ask for violence. They wanted a place to call home from the displacement from WWII, and they were just forced unto that small piece of land, and then they get attacked through no provocation of their own. It's debatable about their growth as a country, but they never wanted this conflict. That is why they generally are NOT the ones to break cease-fires. It's peaceful over there until Hamas decides to throw a few mortars. 

And I'm sorry, when your country is attacked, that is an act of war which you brought on yourself. If Palestine doesn't want to get the shit bombed out of them, stop launching mortars. They're poking the beehive which is Israel with a stick.

I'm Israeli, I lived there for a while. I've seen what Palestine does. In fact I had a cousin fighting in the IDF who was killed. We didn't ask for this. The UN threw us into this, and it's a fight to survive.

Liberty City, a place where the medics are more lethal than the murderers

i appreciate the response; however, i am not a new comer to history and there are two sides to the story. perhaps i am rooting for one side while you are rooting for the other. as the map shown by Hystery shows, the lands to which Israel "claims" has grown larger and larger as time goes on. While i don't support violence to answer any situation, and even if it did, does killing 2,000 people justify mortars falling in unpopulated areas? that can't be looked over because of a "well they send mortars so we can destroy their entire livelihood" situation. what would someone do if they were confined to land ten miles wide and herded like cattle? eventually unrest will happen. so while Israel suffered no real collateral damage from these mortar attacks, which were wrong, Gaza now has $10 billion in damages and probably 20 years to rebuild.

and just as some will call palestinian mortar attacks terrorism, so is sending Mossad agents around the world to assassinate people. Also, so is sending jets across the continent to destroy what it doesn't like in neighboring countries. my issue here is that Israel has shown no real indication that it wants to even discuss living in a two state situation. and i think the world is realizing this as 2/3 of the nations on earth have now recognized Palestine as a state. There was a time when Israel could have settled issues with PLO without Hamas..it was only after constant Israel let downs that Hamas overtook the areas because they were tired of being told things that were never going to happen.

perhaps the time has passed.

I'm Israeli, I lived there for a while. I've seen what Palestine does. In fact I had a cousin fighting in the IDF who was killed. We didn't ask for this. The UN threw us into this, and it's a fight to survive.

The UN threw you into this so you could have a land to live in, a priviliege that is given to almost no one, and you are going to complain -again-? Maybe you would have prefered to have nothing at all and to keep wandering everywhere until a second holocaust occured? You say you've seen what Palestine does, well I've seen what Israel does. You can't even DARE say it's a fight to survive on the Israeli side. You have modern life. Electricity, warm water, internet. While in Palestine it's a REAL WARZONE. You destroy everything on their side, you kill them by hundreds. Go live on the Palestinian side, in Gaza, and then, only then you'll be able to say that it's a fight to survive. That's what actually makes me sick, Israel thinks they are saints, that they are just defending themselves when they kept persecuting a whole people for more than sixty freaking years. But you don't defend yourself, you are just doing a genocide while your own people was the victim of a genocide 70 years ago. It's highly hypocritical and gives me nausea. You literally BUILT A WALL around Palestinian "lands" (speaking of lands, I'd like to notify than Israel -obviously- took the most luxurious lands, leaving the desertic areas to Palestinian), making real life modern ghettos, and you expect they will let you push their borders always more and more until you eventually kick them out like you always dreamed to do? Well guess what, they won't let you do so and will fight back, hence the mortars and hostilities. Stop expanding with your settlements, and then, there will be peace.

Here's the exact definition of what is happening:

Gaza-600x463.jpg

Edited by Hystery

The UN threw you into this so you could have a land to live in, a priviliege that is given to almost no one, and you are going to complain -again-? Maybe you would have prefered to have nothing at all and to keep wandering everywhere until a second holocaust occured? You say you've seen what Palestine does, well I've seen what Israel does. You can't even DARE say it's a fight to survive on the Israeli side. You have modern life. Electricity, warm water, internet. While in Palestine it's a REAL WARZONE. You destroy everything on their side, you kill them by hundreds. Go live on the Palestinian side, in Gaza, and then, only then you'll be able to say that it's a fight to survive. That's what actually makes me sick, Israel thinks they are saints, that they are just defending themselves when they kept persecuting a whole people for more than sixty freaking years. But you don't defend yourself, you are just doing a genocide while your own people was the victim of a genocide 70 years ago. It's highly hypocritical and gives me nausea. You literally BUILT A WALL around Palestinian "lands" (speaking of lands, I'd like to notify than Israel -obviously- took the most luxurious lands, leaving the desertic areas to Palestinian), making real life modern ghettos, and you expect they will let you push their borders always more and more until you eventually kick them out like you always dreamed to do? Well guess what, they won't let you do so and will fight back, hence the mortars and hostilities. Stop expanding with your settlements, and then, there will be peace.

Gaza-600x463.jpg

Let me ask you a question. You're in France. Does what ISIS did make you mad? Make you feel like you France should do something? Because that's what's happening there.

I don't give a fuck if your mortar kills 1 Israeli citizen. That's an act of war. You know damn well that any other major country would respond the same way. Officially, in response to 9-11 we overthrew a whole country, and started a conflict that lasted for more than 10 years. People never complained about it, until they realized it was for other reasons. The point is the world was fine with you US doing that in retaliation.

Israel is getting attacked, they're responding. Don't play the use of force card, they're justified when Hamas detonates a suicide bomb, or launches a mortar.

You do realize that they were herded onto that land, but EVER ME country practically declared war on them with no provocation. It's not PALESTINE fighting for their lands, anymore. It's Islamic terrorists from all over the ME wanting to eradicate the Jewish people.

There's interviews with the so called freedom fighters, and they're not even Palestinian.

On 1/19/2015 at 8:16 PM, Hystery said:

four-panel-map.jpg

Actually GREAT BRITAIN was in control of the region. They put restrictions on Jewish land transfers. Don't forget that Egypt: took the Gaza Strip, Jordan: took the West Bank and Jerusalem (most holiest city to Jews, 3rd most holiest to Muslims), and Syria: took the Golan Heights. Also NO Palestinian organization has had any anti-defense systems. Israel has the Iron Dome and also bomb shelters. I have been to Israel. Beautiful place except when you hear bangs during the night.

On 1/20/2015 at 5:49 AM, Hystery said:

Gaza-600x463.jpg

Hamas has no anti-defense systems or bomb shelters. When Hamas attacks, Israel retaliates. It is a propaganda scheme by Hamas. Also please know that the areas taken by Egypt, Jordan, and Syria was offered back to them after the Six Day War had ended? They declined it although Israel did give back the Sinai to Egypt. Egypt refused to take back the Gaza Strip.

On 1/19/2015 at 7:12 PM, jg45042 said:

okay so i've been seething about this for a million years and i have noone to discuss politics with SOO...

am i the only one who is pulling for Palestine? I read the news and i just feel like hardly anyone knows anything about the palestines or the situation they are in. in my head i cant wrap my brain around why everyone is backing Israel so hard. what we know is that crazy palestinians have launched thousands of mortars into Israel and we know that Israel takes up full military incursions soon after. From my understanding, in all of the mortars launched hardly anyone is ever killed and hardly any property is ever hit. The vast majority have always fallen on unused land and some dont even detonate.

keeping that in mind, Israel launches offensives that literally kill thousands of people. Is that kind of response acceptable considering the actual damage from these mortars is relatively minor. Gaza has been destroyed twice in recent times. Billions upon billions of dollars..that the international community ends up bearing the responsbility of paying. So what in the hell is so dam important about Israel? They annexxed land from three countries and noone said a dam thing..Crimea was annexxed by Russia without a shot fired and they are on the verge of financial collapse..i am so sick of israel...or maybe im just sick of Netanyahu :/ anyone?

It's more like Israeli retaliation. Every single pro-Palestinian says different stories about the land. Some say, "Muslims existed 5,000 years ago which means they were in Palestine first (Judaism started between 1250-1200 BCE Islam started between 610-630 AD), Yes the Jews were there first, but they left (they were forced to leave, but not every Jew left)  and the Muslims came so it became Palestinian." Those were not said at the same time. Please also know that some people even only follow what the media says. It is actually common for news medias to say "2 Palestinians killed in Jerusalem" when really "2 Palestinians killed after stabbing Israeli." One guy told me that he supports Palestine because of the news. One other guy made up lies trying to tell me his grandfather lived there, but he failed to give me any information. Some pro-Palestinians doesn't even know the geography even if they live in the middle east. One guy refused to answer my questions about the peace plans from 1937 and 1947. I asked him if he knew about the Masada and he said, "of course I do. It's within our boarders." The Siege of the Masada happened between 70-74 AD. It took the Roman Empire (before Islam was created) a few years to make the Roman Ramp. 900 Jews died within that 4 years. I climbed up the Masada and the Roman Ramp. Keep in mind I am not saying I hate Muslims and I am not saying I hate Palestinians. I just don't like those who are violent. I even hate Jews who are violent and hate all Muslims. I am a Jew myself. I believe there is good in everyone which is why I am going to make a Palestinian LSPDFR episode once I can find a good country to add ambulance and fire truck textures. I have to use textures from other countries because there aren't a lot of Palestinian textures.

Edited by Clarinetplayer77

10 minutes ago, Clarinetplayer77 said:

It's more like Israeli retaliation. Every single pro-Palestinian says different stories about the land. Some say, "Muslims existed 5,000 years ago which means they were in Palestine first, Yes the Jews were there first, but they left (they were forced to leave, but not every Jew left)  and the Muslims came so it became Palestinian." Those were not said at the same time. Please also know that some people even only follow what the media says. It is actually common for news medias to say "2 Palestinians killed in Jerusalem" when really "2 Palestinians killed after stabbing Israeli." One guy told me that he supports Palestine because of the news. One guy made up lies trying to tell me his grandfather lived there, but he failed to give me any information. Some pro-Palestinians doesn't even know the geography even if they live in the middle east. One guy refused to answer my questions about the plans from 1937 and 1947. I asked him if he knew about the Masada and he said, "of course I do. It's within our boarders." The Siege of the Masada happened between 70-74 AD. It took the Roman Empire (before Islam was created) 4 years to make the Roman Ramp. 900 Jews died within that 4 years. I climbed up the Masada and the Roman Ramp. Keep in mind I am not saying I hate Muslims and I am not saying I hate Palestinians. I just don't like those who are violent. I even hate Jews who are violent and hate all Muslims. I am a Jew myself. I believe there is good in everyone which is why I am going to make a Palestinian LSPDFR episode once I can find a good country to add ambulance and fire truck textures. I have to use textures from other countries because there aren't a lot of Palestinian textures.

Link me to your channel. Id love to watch your lspdfr episodes!

33 minutes ago, jg45042 said:

Link me to your channel. Id love to watch your lspdfr episodes!

Sure. Keep in mind I am using a poor quality PC and not the best recording program so it will not be the best. Also I am not the best driver in the world. I will be posting about 3 episodes within the next few days.

בן שוורץ  my name

There might be a few LSPDFR episodes that you might not be able to hear me because I started having hardware issues with my mic so I thought it was working. I am using my headset now. Also my game crashes more often because of rage.

People don't seem to understand that you can condemn Hamas while also condemning Israel's immoral and barbaric treatment of the Palestinians. You don't have to pick a side, especially if you're an American who doesn't have a single dog in their fight.

I'm opposed to killing civilians. I'm opposed to it when Israel does it, when Hamas does it, when ISIS does it, AND when the United States does it.

Edited by Riley24

I condemn terrorists on both sides. And they are in both Palestine and Israel :)

Palestine because they do have extremists (even though they are a minority)

Israel because they retaliate way too hard and bomb innocent civilian positions and take civilians in hostage by attacking the power plants and water plants and the like.

I just wish Israel stopped expanding over and over. Why do they need so many settlements? They were given a large land already, and they have taken much more without anyone's authorization (literally annexation), why would they need more again? Let palestinian people live too, Israel is just persecuting people like they were persecuted in the past, and it's sad they don't see the dark irony of their actions :(

On 11/24/2016 at 6:57 PM, ScarletDraconis said:

I condemn terrorists on both sides. And they are in both Palestine and Israel :)

Palestine because they do have extremists (even though they are a minority)

Israel because they retaliate way too hard and bomb innocent civilian positions and take civilians in hostage by attacking the power plants and water plants and the like.

I just wish Israel stopped expanding over and over. Why do they need so many settlements? They were given a large land already, and they have taken much more without anyone's authorization (literally annexation), why would they need more again? Let palestinian people live too, Israel is just persecuting people like they were persecuted in the past, and it's sad they don't see the dark irony of their actions :(

Israel could easily wipe off Hamas. They have a good military. They have defense while Hamas doesn't. Israel won't ever bomb the crap out of Hamas because that also means civilians would be killed. People think, "Palestinians get killed more so Israel are the bad guys." Well if Hamas gets defense systems or bomb shelters then the death toll will go. down. It's common sense. I admit there are Israelis and Jews who like violence and I don't like it them, but they are individual minds.

6 hours ago, Clarinetplayer77 said:

Israel could easily wipe off Hamas. They have a good military. They have defense while Hamas doesn't. Israel won't ever bomb the crap out of Hamas because that also means civilians would be killed. People think, "Palestinians get killed more so Israel are the bad guys." Well if Hamas gets defense systems or bomb shelters then the death toll will go. down. It's common sense. I admit there are Israelis and Jews who like violence and I don't like it them, but they are individual minds.

Just like they are individual minds in Palestine really, they're not all extremists following Hamas leaders like puppets. There are many civilians who are unjustifiably oppressed by Israel. My concern lies more in the Israeli government being unable to respect the borders they were given in 1947 and kept building settlements to the point they reduced palestinian territory in small ghettos. And we all know that ghettos are not making things any better. :)

Along many other small things that really don't make Israel a sympathetic or allied country in my eyes. Like purposefully blocking humanitarian aids (like water and food) from non-governmental organizations to palestinian towns. That's just downright horrible, and actually a violation of many treaties. But because it's Israel, no one says anything, they are exempt of any lecture or punishment :(

Edited by ScarletDraconis

The whole situation in Israel is a ****storm. It's really not clear cut for who's in the right or in the wrong at all times. I will say however, that Israel's borders have almost exclusively been gained by counterattacks in wars involving countries that have completely surrounded them and attacked them unprovoked. Even moreso, most of the land that the Israelis have gained have continuously been offered back to the Palestinians and the other countries that have been at war with them, and the only one who's accepted the offering for their land as long as they accept peace has been Egypt. Furthermore, Israelis do not purposely try to kill Palestinian civilians, they avoid it as much as possible. The problem lies in the tactics the Palestinians use, in which they hide weapons, ammo, and fighters (usually actively in combat) in heavily populated civilian buildings and areas, while at the same time blocking the civilians from leaving those areas (even though Israel warns them to leave the areas with pamphlets, radio, and even recently starting to call them on their cell phones even up to a week in advance before anything happens). That's on top of the terror attacks that occur against civilians in Israel on a daily basis.

That's the story that never gets told, and that's why I can never support the Palestinians no matter what is happening to them. In what world would violence get them anywhere, especially even moreso against innocent civilians?

On 20-1-2015 at 11:49 AM, Hystery said:

Gaza-600x463.jpg

Its an action reaction situation. They cant do nothing, cause that just angers the people and makes the attackers feel stronger. Its the same thing the French do in Syria. Bomb the shit out of it, till you kill everyone, civillians and terrorists.. Its not a fight to survive its a fight to keep up the countries reputation.

its good to see this has been a very decent conversation. i definitely agree with the majority about everybody killing everyone. i still have issues with the illegal settlements and Netanyahu. I honestly believe he thinks the longer he holds Palestine back, the longer he will remain in power. i don't know why..but that is the feeling i get. he has built himself up to be so anti-Palestine and rallied those like minded people behind him, that he feels if he backtracks, he will be ridiculed or even ousted..or assassinated even. so i can't see ANYTHING happening to make the situation better while he is in office. there will come a time when Palestine comes into the world and when it does, Israel will find that Palestine has more friends than it does.

The UN statistics stand like this: Of the 193 countries, Israel is recognized by 157 and Palestine is recognized by 136. Those numbers are staggering and should scare Israel to death that a country it says "doesn't exist" is not only recognized by almost as many countries as it is, but that 31 of those countries will never recognize Israel (the Arab League has stated that if Israel signs a treaty with Palestine and gives them recognition, they would in turn recognize Israel). So it is ENTIRELY possible that Palestine could surpass full recognition at the UN before Israel. and THAT is what scares Israel, because no matter what it does, it is frozen at 157 permanently..unless the Arab League decides to recognize them, while Palestine could cruise right on to 193.

On 12/10/2016 at 2:56 PM, jg45042 said:

its good to see this has been a very decent conversation. i definitely agree with the majority about everybody killing everyone. i still have issues with the illegal settlements and Netanyahu. I honestly believe he thinks the longer he holds Palestine back, the longer he will remain in power. i don't know why..but that is the feeling i get. he has built himself up to be so anti-Palestine and rallied those like minded people behind him, that he feels if he backtracks, he will be ridiculed or even ousted..or assassinated even. so i can't see ANYTHING happening to make the situation better while he is in office. there will come a time when Palestine comes into the world and when it does, Israel will find that Palestine has more friends than it does.

The UN statistics stand like this: Of the 193 countries, Israel is recognized by 157 and Palestine is recognized by 136. Those numbers are staggering and should scare Israel to death that a country it says "doesn't exist" is not only recognized by almost as many countries as it is, but that 31 of those countries will never recognize Israel (the Arab League has stated that if Israel signs a treaty with Palestine and gives them recognition, they would in turn recognize Israel). So it is ENTIRELY possible that Palestine could surpass full recognition at the UN before Israel. and THAT is what scares Israel, because no matter what it does, it is frozen at 157 permanently..unless the Arab League decides to recognize them, while Palestine could cruise right on to 193.

Interesting, brings up things I've never even heard before surprisingly. 

I will say that in terms of recognition, I could've sworn they've done that with one of their previous treaties, I thought it was the one they signed in the early 2000's. However, something that should be noted is that Palestine hasn't ever actually been a state until recently (they were for like 2 years until their recently found independence). For example, the place that they now hold, the Gaza Strip, was actually part of and occupied by Egypt starting in 1949 until 1967 when Israel started occupying it until 1993. The West Bank on the other hand, is completely Israels. They annexed it, and claims that it's Palestine's land don't make sense because it was part of Jordan (who no longer claims the land), and was also gained after Israel's military conflict with Jordan. The situation over annexation is no different than the Soviet's control over the Baltics after WWII, but that wasn't considered conquest. 

On 1/19/2015 at 6:12 PM, jg45042 said:

Would you like to know WHY thousands of people died (which was actually on both sides)? Because Hamas, the main governing body of Gaza (think about that for a second- the government of this place is run by  a terrorist group) uses civilians as human shields for one, and on many accounts, they launch the mortars, rockets and such from school buildings and family homes, thus damning the family. even when Israel sends in leaflets and text messages telling the people in that area to vacate because they will be destroying that area, the terrorists force the civilians to stay so as to have more of a body count to tack onto Israel, when in reality this 'body count' is really just their doing. I could go on for a lot longer, but I think you get the idea.

On 1/19/2015 at 6:12 PM, jg45042 said: