zactoid7

Vehicle Folders not downloaded correct?

I basically downloaded GTA IV on the PC for this mod (already having for my 360) Now, I was pretty bored with the basic vehicles and what not, so I wanted to download some new vehicles, plus ELS. I looked up a quick tutorial on how to download vehicle files, and went and got SparkIV to work with. I had seen on the tutorial that you open up GTAIV/PC/Models/CDIMAGES to view the wtf's and wtds. Well, when I opened up the filed, it looked like this  6bCP7jB.jpg

Now obviously none of the files are folders filled with wtf and wtd's. Is there some way to conter the Disc Image Files into a folder? 

I basically downloaded GTA IV on the PC for this mod (already having for my 360) Now, I was pretty bored with the basic vehicles and what not, so I wanted to download some new vehicles, plus ELS. I looked up a quick tutorial on how to download vehicle files, and went and got SparkIV to work with. I had seen on the tutorial that you open up GTAIV/PC/Models/CDIMAGES to view the wtf's and wtds. Well, when I opened up the filed, it looked like this  

Now obviously none of the files are folders filled with wtf and wtd's. Is there some way to conter the Disc Image Files into a folder? 

Whoever wrote the tutorial you followed needs shooting, or you need to go back and read/watch it again, I suspect its the second one :P

The WTD and WTF files are stored within the file "Vehicles.img" and are loaded directly from that into the game.

Here's an example (I use OpenIV by the way, it's more stable and up to date than sparkiv)

I want to replace the vapid cruiser (Police).

I open the Vehicles.img file in OpenIV, and click "Edit mode" I then go to File and click "Import" which opens a file dialogue menu.

I find the files I downloaded from this forum for a nice Ford Crown Vic let's say. (these files care called police .wtd and police.wtf)

I import those two files from the download into the vehicles.img file (which will overwrite the original files) in OpenIv and I then rebuild the archive, and save it.

Loading the game, I will now see a ford crown vic instead of the game's vapid cruiser.

ALWAYS make a backup of the original vehicles.img file, because vehicle model editing causes a lot of issues.

Edited by LukeD

Out of curiosity, was it a legal download? (I.E. Steam or something like that?)

It clearly says it is Steam. 

ALWAYS make a backup of the original vehicles.img file, because vehicle model editing causes a lot of issues.

This is very true. I wouldn't replace cars like crazy, and to be perfectly honest, the default cars are just fine and fit right into the game without causing texture loss, crashes etc. It's your choice though to make the game less stable OP :P