FPLCMatthieu

[Solved] Wig-Wags doesn't work / Suspension Problem

Hi !

I work on an unmarked cvpi and I have followed the tutorial from Robert B "How to setup wig-wags" but in game my wig-wags they do not work ! 

video :

Zmodeler :

How to fix that ? 

Thank ! 

Edited by Officier Bryant

Did you create a copy of the headlights, tail lights, and reverse lights, then moved them slightly in front of the original??

Always the same problem  :wallbash:

In selected red is the wig wag, they are moved in front of the original headlights, tail lights, and reverse lights.

After that, i have rename "headlight_l_L0" as "extra_5_L0" and attach "taillight_l_L0" and "reversinglight_r_L0" to "extra_5_L0"

For "headlight_l_L0", i have rename as "extra_6_L0" and attach "taillight_r_L0" and "reversinglight_l_L0" to "extra_6_L0"

Then the hierarchy is :

extra_5

extra5

extra_5_L0

extra_6

extra6

extra_6_L0

from what i see you have named your extras wrong in zmodeler extras 5, 6, and 9 need to be named diffrently. instead of "extra_1_L0" they are named "extra6_L0" so your hirearcy goes "extra_5 > extra5 > extra5_L0" once you do that the wig wags should work.

Thank it work ! but now i have new problem, my car in game have a bad handling and it raises, but I have export my car with the same name in zmodeller, and my whelen avenger on the windscreen are missing !

And anyone know how to make colored headlight / reverse light wig wag ? 

(Sorry for my bad english)

Thank it work ! but now i have new problem, my car in game have a bad handling and it raises [...]

For that: Edit the handling.dat which you can find in YourGTAIVdirectorycommondata

Paste a line which fits your vehicle model the best in the spot of the car you replaced with your Crown Vic.

I recommend using Sgt. Kanyo's handling lines.

You can find them here: >www.lcpdfr.com/topic/4338-sgtkanyos-handling-mods/

For the rasing problem you would have to edit the vehicles.ide which you can find in the directory stated above as well.

For that: Edit the handling.dat which you can find in YourGTAIVdirectorycommondata

Paste a line which fits your vehicle model the best in the spot of the car you replaced with your Crown Vic.

I recommend using Sgt. Kanyo's handling lines.

You can find them here: >www.lcpdfr.com/topic/4338-sgtkanyos-handling-mods/

For the rasing problem you would have to edit the vehicles.ide which you can find in the directory stated above as well.

What do you mean by "rasing"?

For the wig-wag problem it seems you aren't using lightsemissive material that's why they don't light up, however they do show up.

For the squishy suspension; did you export the car with the same name as the wft dummy's name? So if the wft dummy is police.wft you have to export it as police.wft. I'm not too sure this causes the weird suspension though. Have you moved the car down in zmodeler to get a better camera?

Yes I export the car with the same name, police.wft, but It's possible what I have move the car unintentionally. I go to retry tomorow

The wig-wags problem is fixed, thank GTAxB0SS.

Thank all for your help ! 

Thank it work ! but now i have new problem, my car in game have a bad handling and it raises, but I have export my car with the same name in zmodeller, and my whelen avenger on the windscreen are missing !

And anyone know how to make colored headlight / reverse light wig wag ? 

(Sorry for my bad english)

you need to have the "noose.wft" and "chassis" dummies directly in the center (x=0, y=0, z=0) then the car raising and lowering will be gone

Hi !

I have restart the car in zmodeller for to be sure not to move the car, i have export as police.wft (same name in zmodeler) but the problem still here ! 

No. I have restart my CVPI, place all module ELS on my car then delete the car and re-import to be sure don't  move the car or others part but problem still here ... My version is zmodeller 2.2.4 build 992, the version can it influence on export?

Have you added suspension dummies, or made any changes to the suspension?

I have made a 2012 charger for testing, and the problem is the same ! So i think the problem come from the version of my zodeler. Oh and my CVPI have a resistance from the truck ... 

Which version of zmodeller do you recommand ? 

I'm using ZModeler 2.2.4 (Build 983), however I recommend using the latest, since according to smokey a lot of bugs have been fixed there (2.2.6 I think)

I'm using ZModeler 2.2.4 (Build 983), however I recommend using the latest, since according to smokey a lot of bugs have been fixed there (2.2.6 I think)

I use the latest version 2.2.6 build 993 but my car is bugged ... I really do not know what to do ...

you using vehglass or lightsemessive in texture? try lightsemessive

I did not see a yes or no on a previous question, are you editing the handling.dat like is GTAIV/common/data? You need to change that car's handling line to the appropriate one which is often found in the readme file of the car.

I have fixed the problem ! :woot: 

For the raising problem, i have making a dummy (extra_1,extra_2,extra_3, ect ...) scaled 0,04 for X-Y-Z and i have placed the dummy on the leds . 

For the handling I have place the car as "police2" and the car work perfectly ! I have compare the two handlings and the diferrence is the center of mass, police=-0.16  and police2 = -0.27.

Thank all for your help !