spreilly

KevinDV's Mods - Will we ever see them again?

Just looked at his profile, offline a week. 

Will you ever re-upload your files that were on GMC anywhere? I really liked the Magnum, the Durastar, the Explorer, the Caprice that you made. And I really would like them. 

My System:

Intel i7-2600k | ASUS P67 Sabertooth | NVIDIA GTX 560ti | Corsair 750W PSU | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Lamptron Fan-Atic

Instead of creating a thread for the question: Will you ever upload more mods KevinDV? Try sending him a PM or something. Regarding if you would like to download any of his modifications good luck with that. I believe he is strictly against people re-uploading his mods without permission.

This is just my speculation but I'm assuming he's gone, possibly until GTA V PC or maybe for good. He hasn't uploaded anything here in ages and all of his recent posts/uploads have been to GTA Modding Chest which is no longer online due to DDoS attacks. There is more but its not necessary to get into because talking about it will only stir up the pot again. Like the post above me said, you would have a better chance of getting a answer by PMing him but even that may be a long shot

You will be able to find some of his mods including some more recent projects over on his profile at http://www.gta4-mods.com/

What happened to gta-mc is a huge shame and those responsible should know they are personally at fault for why the GTA (police) modding community is as messed up and catty as it is. 

Just looked at his profile, offline a week. 

Will you ever re-upload your files that were on GMC anywhere? I really liked the Magnum, the Durastar, the Explorer, the Caprice that you made. And I really would like them. 

I also considered making a topic on whether authors from GMC were going to re-upload their models somewhere. It was a shame that someone had to DDoS it, and I would see why they wouldn't want to re-upload their models somewhere else. By taking down GMC, the attacker also took down all those great mods. In a sense uploading to another site would just be like giving in and joining other communities. What I think would be the best way to redistribute the mods without uploading to other sites would be the authors giving permission for other members to share their mods with people who request them or their friends via mediafire links or something (not re-uploading to modding sites for the general public to download though). Just a thought...

I also considered making a topic on whether authors from GMC were going to re-upload their models somewhere. It was a shame that someone had to DDoS it, and I would see why they wouldn't want to re-upload their models somewhere else. By taking down GMC, the attacker also took down all those great mods. In a sense uploading to another site would just be like giving in and joining other communities. What I think would be the best way to redistribute the mods without uploading to other sites would be the authors giving permission for other members to share their mods with people who request them or their friends via mediafire links or something (not re-uploading to modding sites for the general public to download though). Just a thought...

Alot of them have moved over LCPDMods here recently

If I understand correctly, Kevin had a beef with some of the people on the site, things got heated, therefore, his mods were taken down. Not sure by who. So, I doubt he would upload them here.

Yeah, Kevin's files here were removed by request. At this point, you may be pretty much reduced to what you have on your hard drive.

I'm wondering what happens if we have copies of Kevin's unlocked mods. If I have a copy of his unlocked Edge from GMC, does the permission still stand to use it in my own models?

I'm wondering what happens if we have copies of Kevin's unlocked mods. If I have a copy of his unlocked Edge from GMC, does the permission still stand to use it in my own models?

I would assume that per the readme that comes with the file, you could still release it.

You will be able to find some of his mods including some more recent projects over on his profile at http://www.gta4-mods.com/

What happened to gta-mc is a huge shame and those responsible should know they are personally at fault for why the GTA (police) modding community is as messed up and catty as it is. 

Damn straight. I was following some topics over there, refreshed a page and got the "Good Bye" message. I guess GTA-MC admin did what had to be done. :sad:

Cheers.

Kevin, the circumstances in which you've had to make those decisions are truly unfortunate. I appreciate though your integrity and perseverance to have put up with all that crap so far. It's clear you've made a huge contribution to gta vehicle modding, and I'm sure just about all of us have used parts that you've freely distributed through the community. Above all else, what you've consistently produced have been original and absolutely loaded with quality work.

Thank you, and thanks for being a mate too!