ThermalMist

Why no Ford Excursions out on the model list?

Hello all - I just had a huge question, Why are there no Ford Excursion emergency vehicles out there for download? I ask this because they are WIDELY used in the United States as well as Canada. Is it too hard to model? Would the file be too big? Would the project take a long time? So many questions to ask, however I am no modeler so I wouldn't know any answers. Yes I know FDNY changed to GMC's but there are agencies that still employ the Excursions

Attached are a few pictures to demonstrate what I mean:

And there are PLENTY more pictures on the web!

I agree! I believe the rest of the community would love an Excursion (if not please do not get worked up over what I said), especially me! I would love to see atleast a WIP of one.

I agree!! I would love to see one

Well for their to be models for GTA the first need to be one converted to IV (i dont think on has been done yet) and not many people can convert well

Well for their to be models for GTA the first need to be one converted to IV (i dont think on has been done yet) and not many people can convert well

That's one of the things I had in mind lol

Well I think some very Professional modders can create them from scratch. Atleast thats what I have seen or heard.

Well somebody could take a Superduty and make an Excursion out of that

or maybe even a Suburban...

or maybe even a Suburban...

God no... You can't use a Chevy to make one of the best SUV's ever! Let alone that! You can't use a Chev to make a Ford!  :yucky:

Heck, I'd like to see the old explorers too,

2004%2018%20Ford%20Explorer%20police_DxO

I think a lot of it is getting a good model to use. Since models don't appear out of thin air.

Agreed on the Super Duty JSDGraphics, I was thinking a 99-04 Ford F150-F350 cab would do great as the Excursion cab

EDIT* I found a 3D model on the web if anyone is able to convert it? http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=9c4e5c1fbe8086fc54b49557f8ea8b42

Then rip the rambar off, replace it with either a wraparound or 2 bar pushbar style and throw lights into it?

Edited by ThermalMist

I've been thinking about doing an excursion for my first conversion.. now that I know people want it I definitely will once I finish my other projects

I've been thinking about doing an excursion for my first conversion.. now that I know people want it I definitely will once I finish my other projects

Sweet, I'd love to help you out as much I possibly can!!

Sweet, I'd love to help you out as much I possibly can!!

I would also be more than glad to be able to help out with a project like this since it is of high demand at the moment

I wouldn't suggest converting inaccurate, insanely highpolygon, buggy models from 3d sketchup. That program is not for making accurate vehicles. On this site you can find a lot of models, so I'd suggest going here:

http://gamemodels.ru/

I'm sure you'll find something useful here to convert.

I wouldn't suggest converting inaccurate, insanely highpolygon, buggy models from 3d sketchup. That program is not for making accurate vehicles. On this site you can find a lot of models, so I'd suggest going here:

http://gamemodels.ru/

I'm sure you'll find something useful here to convert.

already knew of that site.. unfortunately though there's no excursion there or anything close to that

already knew of that site.. unfortunately though there's no excursion there or anything close to that

What about ripping acab off a 09 Ford F250 from that site? Could make it look like a makeover vehicle?

i mean, if you don't care about quality it could be done haha.. either way i would have to model the interior from scratch

I have a feeling this would be something GFXLE may or may not take on as a project, he likes to do things no one else had made.

I have a feeling this would be something GFXLE may or may not take on as a project, he likes to do things no one else had made.

Silmory, either way an Excursion would be made right?

Who was bitching about it? no one said modeling was easy.......

@ThermalMist- who knows, if it was going to be made, i'm sure someone would have already.

Who was bitching about it? no one said modeling was easy.......

@ThermalMist- who knows, if it was going to be made, i'm sure someone would have already.

I agree, modeling isn't easy - I know for sure that I probably wouldn't be able to make a vehicle if my life depended on it lol