Jetski343

M4/AR-15 Model

I'm looking for an M4/AR-15 model to add to a project (police car) of mine in Zmodeler. I tried using the stock one from in game. It installed and worked fine in Zmodeler and Open IV, but it was invisible in game. If anyone knows how to fix this or has a link to a rifle that actually works in game, let me know.

Thanks, Jetski343 

A lot of those guns are locked. The only one's I found that are usually unlocked are ones from Grimm weapon packs...

sure does, thats where i got my M4 from  :thumbsup:

Ok, so I installed it in the car, did everything right, but in game it looks like this. Where it's invisible is where the rifle should be. Any Ideas to fix it?

GTAIV2013-07-1322-12-08-449_zpsbab89481.

weird, might have to take a look at the material and make sure its setup correctly. I never had a problem, but I always used the M4, not sure what you have in there

weird, might have to take a look at the material and make sure its setup correctly. I never had a problem, but I always used the M4, not sure what you have in there

I believe everything's setup right. What do you mean by "look at the material and make sure its setup correctly" It's odd because It works and is seen fine in OpenIV.....Any other ideas?

Someone over at GMC just had this same problem with the default shotgun. They could see it in OpenIV i believe but not in game. I don't know if a solution was ever reached. I did have this issue one time but was able to solve it by just importing another gun. 

Someone over at GMC just had this same problem with the default shotgun. They could see it in OpenIV i believe but not in game. I don't know if a solution was ever reached. I did have this issue one time but was able to solve it by just importing another gun. 

It was cp702. EVI took his file and tried fixing it but he claimed it didn't help.

Try attaching it to the setina,

Could be a hierarchy problem, by this i mean that something else is rendered before it.

Just tried that, It didn't work either.

Tell me how the materials are set up, also does the model have an alpha channel?

I am still fairly new to this, I don't know what an alpha channel is. Here is a picture of the hierarchy. misc_d is the partition and and misc_l and misc_r is the rifle.

hiarchy2_zps6f2cf6f8.png

I checked the textures, it hasen't gotten an alpha channel. 

Have you set the textures like this "blablabla Interior2"

then:

M4 texture file

M4 specular (specular and multiplyadd)

Edited by LCPD_OFFICER

I checked the textures, it hasen't gotten an alpha channel. 

Have you set the textures like this "blablabla Interior2"

then:

M4 texture file

M4 specular (specular and multiplyadd)

Thanks, but..can you please explain how I can fix it. I have no Idea what you just said.

Yes, Is that the rifle texture?

Delete the 2 last textures and add the specular either from the rifle or "vehicle_generic_smallspecmap.png"

Then set it as "multiplyadd" and "specular"