twc779

Red lights appear amber

Hey there! So I've noticed this for quite some time now but haven't really tried to address it. Whenever I play GTA with a cruiser that has red lights and a whelen liberty (a specific one) the red appears amber unless I angle the camera so the lights are barely showing, then they appear red. Here are some pics to show you what I mean:

Red appears amber-

psf.png

Is red once camera is at special angle-

gyx.png

I'm thinking this could probably be changed in some sort of settings file but idk, help is greatly appreciated!

my first question to you are you using a ENB or any graphic enhancing mods? if not go to your gta directory then common folder then data folder then look for a file called visual settings.dat open it with a text editing program like notepad look for the line

# Other emissive lights
car.defaultlight.emissive.on

and try a lower number

my first question to you are you using a ENB or any graphic enhancing mods? if not go to your gta directory then common folder then data folder then look for a file called visual settings.dat open it with a text editing program like notepad look for the line

# Other emissive lights

car.defaultlight.emissive.on

and try a lower number

What would you consider a "normal" number for it?

I have mine set to 60

just note that the higher the number for example 800 the brighter and the lower the dimer

k, cause mines set to 90 and i have the same problem on some cars

Let's not say weird things guys, it's just how the texture is made. Since it's red with 4 white dots in the middle, the light will mix resulting in a mild red combination. If you look at the Liberty from EVI (he uses different textures other than those by Caine) you will see they are almost magenta looking. So to fix it my suggestion, edit the emissive texture painting the red lights to a full red.

Let's not say weird things guys, it's just how the texture is made. Since it's red with 4 white dots in the middle, the light will mix resulting in a mild red combination. If you look at the Liberty from EVI (he uses different textures other than those by Caine) you will see they are almost magenta looking. So to fix it my suggestion, edit the emissive texture painting the red lights to a full red.

I had initially thought of this first and it seems to be the correct assumption. Changing the value in the .dat file did not change the color, only the brightness.

same here some time the only way in fixing is by paint.net or photoshop or what aver you change the red/nes  like make it dark so ill look red or lighter witch ever work