Sign in to follow this  
dradra44

New at Skinning..

Hey,

I am new to the community and all, as well as skinning. I just recently made an Illinois skin, and I want to make some more. If you have any suggestions/wants, just tell me.

Do note, I am very new at skinning, so it may not be 100% exact, but here is my Illinois one:

ad2c388faa4dd1b5e180ae42220d22ae.png

Illinois-State-Police.jpg

When making replicas of skins, they should be fairly exact. I made an OPP Pack when I first came here, and I didn't have the right font, colours, or anything. Try to keep that in mind. Try getting exact fonts, like that one would be something like MicroExtendFLF. The fonts seem to be your main issue. Oh, and lower the decal a little bit. The decal should be at the headlight, not above it. Try to look out for simple things like that. Everything else looks very nice. With real skins, feel free to let your inner OCD run wild, or in a straight line, i suppose.

If you don't want to make it exact, make it a Liberty City version. People will be more lenient if it was only 'based' off a real department, at least that is what I have noticed.

Good Luck! :)

When making replicas of skins, they should be fairly exact. I made an OPP Pack when I first came here, and I didn't have the right font, colours, or anything. Try to keep that in mind. Try getting exact fonts, like that one would be something like MicroExtendFLF. The fonts seem to be your main issue. Oh, and lower the decal a little bit. The decal should be at the headlight, not above it. Try to look out for simple things like that. Everything else looks very nice. With real skins, feel free to let your inner OCD run wild, or in a straight line, i suppose.

If you don't want to make it exact, make it a Liberty City version. People will be more lenient if it was only 'based' off a real department, at least that is what I have noticed.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks for all the tips! Yea, I noticed the small things, but I just kept messing with it, and I couldn't get it exact. But yea, I do appreciate it, it will keep that in mind!

Another good tip is to find a good side-on picture of the car and import it directly over the the template, it generally makes things a whole lot easier. 

Here's what I mean:

xzs5.jpg

Also note how I have the layers set up, the real picture is above the template. Just remember that when you actually want to paint the car, create a new layer!

Edited by SharpCommand

By the way, "Integrety" is spelt wrong.

It is spelt Integrity

Notice the real one doesn't have Integrity spelt the way you have.

To be honest, it's better than 50% of the b.s. that some people upload to our downloads page, so you've got my thumbs up.

Speaking of spelling, "spelt" is not a word btw

Well, I apologize then..... We're all human, we make mistakes.

But, if he wants to stay true to the real police vehicle, Integrity should only have one "e" in it.

Speaking of spelling, "spelt" is not a word btw

Actually, "spelt" is a word. It's a type of wheat :)

I really like how simple this skin is, and for a first shot it's grate. Like people have said though, make sure to be exact when you're doing a real life replica.